'Get more HTC Widgets', for those unable to install.(testkeys & releasekeys versions)

Search This thread

urushiol

Mar 18, 2010
'Get more HTC Widgets', for those unable to install.(testkeys & releasekeys versions)

Some of us have had problems downloading the 8 widgets avaliable in the "Get more HTC widgets" option in 2.1 roms, either not giving us an error message saying unavailable or something, or (if your using a testkeys roms, such as those using friend stream), you can see what widgets are avaliable, hit the download button, and it gives you an error saying unable to install.

I downloaded and installed all the widgets using a release keys roms, pulled them from the rom and uploaded them so if you are having any problems you may simply install them from SDcard using a file manager.

I have also included a second version, of the same widgets just re-signed with test keys, so you may use them on roms that have been resigned to get custom apps(such as friendstream to work)

enjoy!

1. Download the appropriate APKS for your rom
2. Unzip to SDcard
3. Install any of the widgets you want using file manager of your choice! (astro, Es file explorer, etc)

Attachments

• htcwidgets_testkeys.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 337
  • htcwidgets_releasekeys.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 294

urushiol

Mar 18, 2010
Thanks for these ZIP files! Finally I can see if I am actually missing out on anything!

IMHO, your not, besides maybe the profile widget, btw some of these(i don't know all of which right off) even work on NON sense roms, so long as your non sense rom is a test keys rom. I installed the profile widget on Darchdroid 2.7 with no issues!

jerry43812

Feb 27, 2010
www.market4android.com
I honestly didn't think I was missing anything, but its a beautiful thing to have something available to me that was not available before. I am sure nobody can argue that point. Woo hoo !

my toes typed this on my heroc