Ptitkarl

Jul 27, 2010
Beijing
Hi there,

I have a M250K running on CriskeloROM v29

Baseband: I9100XXKI4
Kernel: 2.6.35.11-ninphetamine-2.1.3+ninpo@titan #26
Version: GINGERBREAD.XWKJ1

I would like to use an ICS Custom Rom but I am not sure how to proceed to install it, is there any step I should not miss ?

An other question: is there any ICS Custom ROM with Touchwizz ?

Thanks for your help,

Hi there,

I have a M250K running on CriskeloROM v29

Baseband: I9100XXKI4
Kernel: 2.6.35.11-ninphetamine-2.1.3+ninpo@titan #26
Version: GINGERBREAD.XWKJ1

I would like to use an ICS Custom Rom but I am not sure how to proceed to install it, is there any step I should not miss ?

An other question: is there any ICS Custom ROM with Touchwizz ?

Thanks for your help,
you want to upgrade to ICS then use a custom rom?

or

you want to use a custom rom based off the original ICS?

If its the former, my suggestion would be to flash to a stock ICS rom, then flash over the custom.

that's what I think you should do in my opinon.

Ptitkarl

Jul 27, 2010
Beijing
Hi jvctan16

Thanks for you reply, I want to use a custom ICS rom such as CM8.

Why should I first flash to a stock rom ? Is there any special step because it is an upgrade from GGB to ICS ?

Hi jvctan16

Thanks for you reply, I want to use a custom ICS rom such as CM8.

Why should I first flash to a stock rom ? Is there any special step because it is an upgrade from GGB to ICS ?
from my experience in flashing phones, it would be best to upgrade the firmware before flashing the custom over it.

its like installing a windows theme, you can't run it without the windows installed first.

its the safe route, rather flashing the custom straight ahead and accidentally bricking your phone.

if the custom rom says you have to flash to the stock rom or upgrade to the stock if coming from a lower version, then do so.

its better safe than sorry.

muhammad.ali123

Apr 20, 2011
Actually you can solve this problem:

1. Using a root browser navigate to /efs/imei
2. Create file "keystr"
3. Open it as text and write "ON"
4. Set permissions to rwx rwx rwx
5. Reboot
6. Hit thanks

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

Confirmed to be working.
But the first time setup screen appeared after startup. It looks like it did a factory reset. But actually it did not
and by the way thanked also

Ptitkarl

Jul 27, 2010
Beijing
from my experience in flashing phones, it would be best to upgrade the firmware before flashing the custom over it.

its like installing a windows theme, you can't run it without the windows installed first.

its the safe route, rather flashing the custom straight ahead and accidentally bricking your phone.

if the custom rom says you have to flash to the stock rom or upgrade to the stock if coming from a lower version, then do so.

its better safe than sorry.

Thanks for your help.

I will try to flash my phone next week end.

Ptitkarl

Jul 27, 2010
Beijing
I successfully flashed my M250K to the Official rooted M250K ICS Rom.

I would like to flash my phone to a i9100 ICS Custom ROM.

Is the process the same as what I did to flash the stock ROM ?

Thanks again for your help.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2012
larkana
Originally Posted by ropiana View Post

Finally, I successfully flashed my SHW-250S to i9100 firmware.. though i lost my apps but i's ok.. I thought I broke my phone the first time I attempt.. lots of sleepless night.. I almost got fever..

before:

pda: M250S.EG14.1208
phone: M250S.EG06.0603.ST
MOVINAND: NONE
Build Info: Thu jul 14 12:16:01 KST 2011

model number: SHW-M250S
firmware version: 2.3.4
baseband version: M250S.EG06.0603.ST
kernel version: 2.5.35.7-M250S.EG14.1208-CL380592
build number: GINGERBREAD.EG14

after:
PDA: I9100XXKG6
PHONE: I9100XXKG6
CSC: I9100OXAKG6
BUILD INFO: WED JUL 27 20:49:42 KST 2011

by the way.. thanks to hot_ice for confirming that it's ok to check the re-partition..

Glad to help..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I DONE THIS DEAR BUT ITS NOT WORK

s2s2s2s2

Aug 28, 2011
Does anyone know why sms from skt wont send ot receive pictures after flashing a custom rom in Seoul South Korea???

Sent from my SHW-M250S using XDA

ropiana

Sep 13, 2010
Originally Posted by ropiana View Post

Finally, I successfully flashed my SHW-250S to i9100 firmware.. though i lost my apps but i's ok.. I thought I broke my phone the first time I attempt.. lots of sleepless night.. I almost got fever..

before:

pda: M250S.EG14.1208
phone: M250S.EG06.0603.ST
MOVINAND: NONE
Build Info: Thu jul 14 12:16:01 KST 2011

model number: SHW-M250S
firmware version: 2.3.4
baseband version: M250S.EG06.0603.ST
kernel version: 2.5.35.7-M250S.EG14.1208-CL380592
build number: GINGERBREAD.EG14

after:
PDA: I9100XXKG6
PHONE: I9100XXKG6
CSC: I9100OXAKG6
BUILD INFO: WED JUL 27 20:49:42 KST 2011

by the way.. thanks to hot_ice for confirming that it's ok to check the re-partition..

Glad to help..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I DONE THIS DEAR BUT ITS NOT WORK

when you input the .pit file, the repartition option is automatically checked..
download KG6(open europe) rom in sammobile, when extract, it contains 5 files..
I put the 4 files (pit, pda, phone & csc) in odin. after flashing, my m250s is now i9100. then you can flash the kernel, the one included in the downloaded file..

shabuko

Account currently disabled
Apr 27, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
hello guys..

im new to android world and i bought my self a samsung galaxy sii shw-m250l

my question now is that how can i find the esn for this phone..or do i have to root this thing in order to register this to the network..this is a cdma..and i tried going to network provider..they need the esn thing..
i know this phone will work here coz there is a singal on the phone but there is a letter that is in the top of the signal bar R means roaming right...
plz help me to find the esn for this phone...or give me an advice if i have to root this or flash it or what ever you guys call it...thanks for your time

shabuko

Apr 27, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
anyone that can help me with my problem..ill be happy to donate..as long as i activate this phone..ill donate to the person who help me and ill donate also to this site :)

my problem...

i have a samsung galaxy s2 M250L..
the service provider here told me that they cant find the esn
they also told me to go to a korean shop to find the esn and they the service provider give me a number
i went to that korean site..and they told me that they cant activate coz it was gsm..
it was non sense..they also told me that my phone was made by samsong and from the inside was LG..(and that i realize they dont know what they saying)
i know m250l came from LG +U service provider..its not from LG manufacturing itself..

i dont know if this will work here if i root it or flash it..

ive been reading this site for a couple of days now and i cant still get it..and i saw alot of people here brick there unit..
thats y im scared to root or flash it..

i need someone to help me to activate the phone..if someone help me..ill donate to you..right on your paypal and ill donate also to this forum..thanks..

anyone that can help me with my problem..ill be happy to donate..as long as i activate this phone..ill donate to the person who help me and ill donate also to this site :)

my problem...

i have a samsung galaxy s2 M250L..
the service provider here told me that they cant find the esn
they also told me to go to a korean shop to find the esn and they the service provider give me a number
i went to that korean site..and they told me that they cant activate coz it was gsm..
it was non sense..they also told me that my phone was made by samsong and from the inside was LG..(and that i realize they dont know what they saying)
i know m250l came from LG +U service provider..its not from LG manufacturing itself..

i dont know if this will work here if i root it or flash it..

ive been reading this site for a couple of days now and i cant still get it..and i saw alot of people here brick there unit..
thats y im scared to root or flash it..

i need someone to help me to activate the phone..if someone help me..ill donate to you..right on your paypal and ill donate also to this forum..thanks..

hello guys..

im new to android world and i bought my self a samsung galaxy sii shw-m250l

my question now is that how can i find the esn for this phone..or do i have to root this thing in order to register this to the network..this is a cdma..and i tried going to network provider..they need the esn thing..
i know this phone will work here coz there is a singal on the phone but there is a letter that is in the top of the signal bar R means roaming right...
plz help me to find the esn for this phone...or give me an advice if i have to root this or flash it or what ever you guys call it...thanks for your time

rooting it won't help activate it. what firmware are running on? are you on android 2.3.4? .5? .6? or are you on ICS 4.0.3?
if you're still on Gingerbread 2.3.x try updating to the official ICS 4.0.3 rom from LGU+. the links can be found in this thread.

kaizer216

Apr 26, 2012
Laguna
I would like to ask how to insert cwm recovery or any other recovery that can make you a nandroid backup of your phone. I'm using the rooted sk version shw-m250s and in 4.0.3 UD18. Thank you in advance

shabuko

Apr 27, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
rooting it won't help activate it. what firmware are running on? are you on android 2.3.4? .5? .6? or are you on ICS 4.0.3?
if you're still on Gingerbread 2.3.x try updating to the official ICS 4.0.3 rom from LGU+. the links can be found in this thread.

its on ICS 4.0.3 already..what i wanna know how to find the esn to be able to open line this thing on the service provider...

I would like to ask how to insert cwm recovery or any other recovery that can make you a nandroid backup of your phone. I'm using the rooted sk version shw-m250s and in 4.0.3 UD18. Thank you in advance

i have no experience with the m250s but assuming that it is the same with the m250L, holding down the volume and the power will take you to odin mode which, only allows you to flash.

my suggestion would be to keep a copy of the original rom file of the SK M250S 4.0.3 rom file. i haven't heard anyone here who flashed to the i9100 rom and decided to back to the Korean rom.

you can also try to installl rom manger and check if the m250s is supported by cwm.

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

its on ICS 4.0.3 already..what i wanna know how to find the esn to be able to open line this thing on the service provider...
the esn number also called MEID.

try this:
http://support.verizonwireless.com/information/esn_meid.html

i have two cdma units and had the MEID printed at the back. its the IMEI counterpart for CDMA units.

Last edited:
Reactions: shabuko

Nasar123

May 26, 2011
I used kies to install ICS but now I can't seem to send sms.
I checked and the phone number in the settings and it's correct and I also tried to change the number from in Messaging and that didn't work.

I am using the phone in China unicom

Any ideas?

Sent from my SHW-M250K using XDA

Sent from my SHW-M250K using XDA

hassi4042

Mar 18, 2012
Sialkot
okay, so i convert my m250k into i9100, now i need to root it. how can i root it, did i have to use the defualt guide of rooting i9100?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I WON'T TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU BRICKED YOU PHONE. DO AT YOUR OWN RISK
    Tested ONLY on M250S/K
    HOW TO CONVERT YOUR PHONE TO I9100

Follow these instructions carefully:
    1. Download Odin and extract(look for attachment)
    2. Download an ICS rom from http://goo.gl/n6u3
    3. Open Odin(run as administrator if using win7 or vista)
    4. Fill up only the PDA with the rom you got from sam firmware
    5. Fill the PIT using the I9100 pit from the attachment(check if re-partition is ticked)
    6. Reboot your phone to download mode by pressing [Power+Voldown+home button at the same time]
    7. Connect your phone to pc then check if Odin recognized the device(there should be a yellow signal). Something like 0:[COM3}
    It should look like this:
    Capture.jpg

8. Hit start and pray for luck
    9. Enjoy! (if you are experiencing some problems, just do a factory reset of your phone )
    10. In case you want to revert back to m250, just do the same as above but changing the PDA with a korean rom and the m250k pit given from the attachment.
    NOTE:If you are experiencing any problems, do a full wipe or factory reset. I recommend doing this because you're converting your phone into a different phone :D

LOCKSCREEN AND POWER BUTTON ISSUES(Need to be Rooted):
    For lockscreen and power options you can solve this prob by folllowing this
    2. Create file "keystr"
    5. Reboot
    Originally posted by Memorycontroller. Cheers to him :D
    If you are not yet rooted, read the next steps

CONS:
    1. Gyroscope not working or buggy(for others it is but for me it's fine. I can play asphalt with no difficulties)
    2. Weak Vibration
    3. Weak mobile signal or connection. Look for a diffirent modems. Try the one I attached at this post I9100_radio NELP2. Flash it using CWM. I'm currently using it and I don't experience any difficulties in mobile connection except of course if I'm on the comfort room or in mountains. LOL
    4. No NFC capabalities (there's a fix for it; search for in the forums)

PROS:
    1. You can now be at ease at the removal of the irritating 80sms character limitation
    2. Your phone is the same as the international I9100. It basically does almost the same.
    3. You can flash all I9100 roms and kernels(do at your own risk)
    4. No Korean bloatware apps. Like t-map,t-store and the like
    5. Rooting is a walk in the park.(easier and has more support)

If you can add more pros and cons, please leave a comment :D

ROOTING YOUR PHONE(I9100)
    1. Download kernels like Siyah kernel or CF Kernel. If you use the CF-Kernel, be sure that the kernel you download is compatible with the firmware you are currently using. Link for Siyah http://goo.gl/RVSp4 Link for CF-root http://goo.gl/ehSbJ
    2. Now go into download mode by pressing [Power+Voldown+home button at the same time]
    3. Connect your phone through a usb cable to your pc.
    4. Run ODIN(run as admin if using win7 or vista). Odin should read your device if there is a yellow signal on the upper right
    5. It should look something like this: DO NOT TICK THE REPARTION
    Capture2.png

6. Now hit start and pray for luck :D
    7. To check if you are successful, look for a supersu icon(the app with a pirate android) or just download the root checker in the play store.
    8. Enjoy :D
    NOTE: Flashing a custom kernel or rooting the device will result into a yellow warning sign when you boot your phone. This means you have flashed a kernel that is not officially made by samsung. Meaning you have void your warranty. I warn you.

ROOTING YOUR PHONE(SHW-M250*
    1. Go download a pre-rooted firmware at http://goo.gl/yDrx3. Use google chrome to translate the page to Enligsh. Look for the (routing version). Be sure to download the correct firmware for your carrier. If you're using SHW-M250S, download SKT and KT if SHW-m250K.
    2. Now go into download mode by pressing [Power+Voldown+home button at the same time]
    3. Connect your phone through a usb cable to your pc
    4. Run ODIN(run as admin if using win7 or vista). Check for the successful connection of ODIN to your phone buy checking the yellow SIGNAL at the upper right corner. Something like 0:[COM3}
    5. It should look something like this:
    Capture3.png

6. Hit start
    7. If successful, there should be an app that looks like an ndroid pirate. Click the first choice for root, Second for un-root, Third choice for restart. :D
    8. Enjoy

REVERTING BACK TO SHW-m250* FROM AN I9100
    1. Download the firmware from http://goo.gl/yDrx3. Be sure to download the correct firmware for you phone. SK for M250, and KT For M250K. Either choose the rooting version or the normal one.
    2. Download the pit attached from this post. Use the m250k_pit(can work on both m250k and m250s)
    3. Go to download mode by pressing [Power+Voldown+home button at the same time] then click the Vol up to confirm to go to download mode. There should be big Android in the center of the screen.
    4. Run ODIN(run as admin if using win7 or vista) then connect your phone to you pc through a usb cable.
    5. Fill up the PDA using the Firmware you got. Fill up the pit using the m250k_pit I provided in the attached file.
    6. It should look something like this:
    Capture4.png

7. Hit start and pray for luck
    8. Rebooting would take quite some time. Enjoy :D
    I recently bought a SGS2 M250k running on android 2.3.3. I want to update it to ICS (preferably the international version, then install a custom rom). I have browsed this thread and I cant seem to find any detailed guide on how to do this. Im afraid that I might brick my phone since it is my first time. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Follow these instructions carefully:
    1. Download Odin and extract(look for attachment)
    2. Download an ICS rom from http://goo.gl/n6u3
    3. Open Odin(run as administrator if using win7 or vista)
    4. Fill up only the PDA with the rom you got from sam firmware
    5. Fill the PIT using the I9100 pit from the attachment(check if re-partition is ticked)
    6. Reboot your phone to download mode by pressing [Power+Voldown+home button at the same time]
    7. Connect your phone to pc then check if Odin recognized the device(there should be a yellow signal)
    It should look like this:

Capture.jpg

8. Hit start and pray for luck
    9. Enjoy! (if you are experiencing some problems, just do a factory reset of your phone :))
    10. In case you want to revert back to m250, just do the same as above but changing the PDA with a korean rom and the m250k pit given from the attachment

I have a galaxy S2 M250K phone, and i have flashed XXLQ5 room 4.0.4 then i wipe factory this. now, I think it has birck, I try into Download mod anh CMW but not yes. Can you help me???
    Thanks for your help!!!

Can you enter download mode? If not, I think you might have potentially bricked your phone.
    Actually you can solve this problem:

2. Create file "keystr"
    5. Reboot
    6. Hit thanks

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA
    Steps to Flash Official Korean ICS through ODIN

Download the appropriate Firmware for your phone model.
    Open the page below and you will see a download link there.

M250K
    Rooted KT Firmware

M250L
    Rooted LGU+ Firmware

M250S
    Rooted SKT Firmware

Download ODIN Here

Optional:
    Download Samsung USB Drivers

The file you downloaded will be in a .tar file.
    Don't extract it.
    RootFirm.jpg

Run ODIN as administrator.
    Now you will see this screen:
    ODIN.jpg

Click on PDA and select the file you have downloaded.
    ODIN2.jpg

Turn OFF your phone.
    Enter ODIN Mode (Press On while holding the VOLUME DOWN and MENU BUTTON)
    (A Korean Text Warning will appear with an Exclamation triangle on the center bottom)
    (Press the Volume Up to proceed to ODIN Mode)

Plug your phone to your pc.
    You will see your ODIN interface change and will see that your phone is connected via 0:[COMXX]. Mine is on COM33
    NOTE: If you are still on Gingerbread Firmware, you will see 0:[COMXX] and 1:[COMXX]. This is normal.
    ODIN3.jpg

Make sure AUTO REBOOT is checked.
    Press Start.
    You will see the LOG on the lower left update.

<ID:0/033> Added!!
    <ID:0/033> Odin v.3 engine (ID:33)..
    <ID:0/033> File analysis..
    <ID:0/033> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/033> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/033> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/033> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/033> zImage
    <ID:0/033> NAND Write Start!!
    <ID:0/033> modem.bin
    <ID:0/033> factoryfs.img
    <ID:0/033> Sbl.bin
    <ID:0/033> RQT_CLOSE !!
    <ID:0/033> RES OK !!
    <ID:0/033> Completed..
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)
    <ID:0/041> Added!!

Once Completed the phone will restart. Go through all the introductory settings.
    Open your applications menu, and scroll through all the pages to find the app with SUPERUSER Logo;
    hi-256-0-34c0098fc95d50eef1ab7933f4d9efdd0da07b29

The text is in Korean.
    Open it and select the 2ND Option.
    After that your phone is now rooted.

Note: If ODIN failed flashing, try using another USB PORT or another USB Cable. As much as possible use the Original Samsung Micro USB Cable.
    I have tried to get rid of the damn roaming screen but it still pops up and it doesnt seem to recognize my number so I have to change sender whenever I want to SMS.

Can anyone please point me to a guide on how to install a custom/stock ROM.
    I want to get rid of this Korean bloatware.

I have a M250K
    After spending some time on the roaming issue, I finally found a way to disable this pop up. Turns out that it s quite easy:

1. Download the app Anycut
    2. Launch Anycut
    3. Select " Create New Shortcut"
    4. Select " Activity"
    5. Roll down until you find and select "Roaming Auto Dial"
    6. The new shortcut is created - exit Anycut.
    7. Launch your new shortcut and disable Roaming Auto Dial.

Hope this help.

Cheers