[ROM] Android Open Kang Project - Supersonic Milestone 4

Search This thread

Saturn2K

May 30, 2010
Pittsburgh
Is anybody else ever running into issues where the keyboard doesn't enter text into the text box? Sometimes I'll just be typing and nothing will appear until I leave the screen and come back to try again.

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
Hahaha. I've had similar problem. But more often than that, keyboard just won't come up at all.

Sometimes long press of menu will get it to come up, sometimes screen off/on and longpress of menu will bring it up. Other times I just have to accept that it's really not that important to type a response to a YouTube video lol.

Always kinda wondered if it happens to others.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

X

Xdaoscar996

Anybody else have the small icons on the status bar? Or is there something I can do to prevent it,since it only happens when an app us open

lilbitz_1018

Apr 21, 2009
did you flash the mason before original boot up or after?
When you did flash it, did you do so with or without wiping cache/dakvik?
whichever you chose, did you try both ways?
If you did wipe, what method did you use?

These can all make differences in your outcome so I was just curious more than anything.

ropodope

"Told you I'd be back. Say you miss me. Say it like you mean it!' - David Lee Roth

it actually might be more than the kernel because it did it once again today but definitely not as quickly as before. so my problem somewhat persists.

I did a full data/factory wipe to start, then went down the list of wipes leaving the SD card of course, and did this 3 times. Flashed the M5, kernel then gapps and reboot.

after that caused the problems, i just wiped again in same order and flashed without the kernel. it worked better for a few hours.

i mean, maybe its just my hardware. Ive seen people have problems that I havent had so i know its hit or miss. (PS, i notice the problem on Instagram when taking a pic)

MizzouBrent

Feb 19, 2011
Olathe, KS
I had issues running build 34 and mason .15 rc and my camera made system go bonkers. Crashed to where i had to do a battery pull. Everything was fine until i tried bringing up camera again. Same issue.

I use ra 2.3 and always wipe properly when flashing anything. I've never had any camera issues on deck ics.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

neno2323

Dec 28, 2010
I had issues running build 34 and mason .15 rc and my camera made system go bonkers. Crashed to where i had to do a battery pull. Everything was fine until i tried bringing up camera again. Same issue.

I use ra 2.3 and always wipe properly when flashing anything. I've never had any camera issues on deck ics.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Milestone 5 is out try that..

tomzefi

this rom is a mess
3 reboots in 3 minutes

back to stock i go
im done with all this half assed ICS roms

Dude they work hard on these roms. Hardly half ass. Evo will never see ota ics but because of these guys we get a taste, a real good taste. That's cool that's its not your cup of tea, but we are all part of the community and saying things like that might offend someone. No harm my friend.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using xda premium

JM-PDA

Nov 11, 2008
Sacramento, CA
this rom is a mess
3 reboots in 3 minutes

back to stock i go
im done with all this half assed ICS roms

Try Deck's PB-23 (Pre-Beta). It is very stable.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1380478
I've been running it for two days with zero reboots. And Camera works perfectly.

I am using it with Mason v14 kernel.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1546878
I am using this version: I - v0.14 sbc ("I" is for ICS)
Mason v14 REALLY improves battery life!

Last edited:

sha4000

Aug 20, 2011
Does anyone one know if the ICS camera in the market will fix the camera issues. I'm on Decks pb23 right now and dont feel like flashing back over just yet bcuz its a lil smoother.

drewmonge

Jan 2, 2012
I really love this rom (milestone 5) working fine for me. But can anyone tell me why Facebook renders really slow? Like a 'slow fog) effect. Noticed this on the last couple builds.

I've asked this before, but didn't get an answer. Just throwing this out there again in case anyone has any suggestions.

Thx

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

ropodope

Feb 1, 2011
Floor Me
Has the .15 kernel RC been updated or something...the last one I heard was extremely unstable ?
only if you enable the zram and zcache to which atyoung warned everyone about in the first place. The .15 rc1 works well without doing so.

ropodope

"Told you I'd be back. Say you miss me. Say it like you mean it!' - David Lee Roth

Sinyc

Jul 9, 2009
I really love this rom (milestone 5) working fine for me. But can anyone tell me why Facebook renders really slow? Like a 'slow fog) effect. Noticed this on the last couple builds.

I've asked this before, but didn't get an answer. Just throwing this out there again in case anyone has any suggestions.

Thx

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

In milestone 4 it took minutes to render fb site. Not exactly sure why. Probably some issue with browser rendering in ics builds for evo. Different browsers didn't do much better.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using xda premium

Reactions: drewmonge

ben.nesheim

Nov 30, 2010
Duluth, MN
plus.google.com
ics camera shouldnt fix anything camera wise it really just adds more settings (volume rocker to take picture etc) not really anything internally ( i dont think so but its what i use for camera app when on ics)

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
Holy hell. I've been using AOKP since it came out, only only just now found there are photo editing options , with a really nice UI, too.
Nice ;)

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

emerica6541

Dec 23, 2009
im using milstone 5 and my superuser isnt working
when i first flashed the rom superuser worked cause i used my backup pro to restore my apps and stuff and now when i go to my backup pro it says superuser has stopped
ive downloaded and flashed the newest version of super user from androidsu and it still wont work
also when i use rom toolbox it says root check failed...
does anyone know how to fix it?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokptitleblue-1.png
    changelog-2.png

Newest change logs are available at the AOKP site
    installation-1.png
    1. Make sure you're on the latest CWM
    2. MAKE A NANDROID
    3. wipe data/factory reset in recovery
    4. flash ROM
    5. flash Gapps
    6. reboot
    downloads-4.png

Find the latest releases here

Find milestone-4 here

contribute-1.png

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to me
    Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Jonathan Grigg
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk

Donate to CyanogenMod

Every donation is cherished and loved.

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!
    source-2.png

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.

If you'd like to help with AOKP, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to get as many developers in on this as possible!

Best way to help out or contact us is via IRC.
    Reported at Rootz. Tweeted Roman too. No ProTekk in sight. Going ear to the ground for a while... Thanks for bug reports and IRC, Johnny424. We appreciate it. :)

probally better off waiting for a working build period..i had all the same issues out of build 37 as I did in 36..35...34..33..32 so on and so forth

lol build 38 is so screwed..i couldnt even get into sign in..major issues..i have tried to let team kang know in irc but im not sure what the deal is over there..oh well

im at work..can anybody get with team kang on irc..maybe let protekk know there is a problem

edit....logged issue on their rootz bug tracker..dont use irc to report bugs anymore

Build 38 is most certainly broken. The team knows, I'll be taking the reigns on the supersonic build moving forward. I'm much easier to access than most as I'm sure you all know. At any rate I'm working on it, it likely wont be based on evervolv anymore, and will come with a specialized version of mason to run it. I have this device, know this device well, so the rom is in good hands, or at least I'd like to think so.

I'd like to add that there wont be more builds till I get my changes going, so just take a break, roll back to the last one that worked on your device and sit tight for good stuff. Until it boots and runs correctly on my supersonic, it's simply not going to be pushed, end of story.
    Sprint Visual Voicemail For ICS

I searched the thread and was checking around and hadn't seen anyone that had posted this yet, but I have an Sprint Epic 4g Touch and one of the latest leaks of the upcoming ICS builds had the latest VVM build in it. I pulled the .apk from the leaked rom and installed it on the AOKP Milestone 4 on the EVO and it provisioned almost immediately.

I have included the file below for anyone that misses Sprint's VVM for their EVO.

It worked for me, let me know if anyone else gets the same results.

*BTW, it is version T.5.2.1.8*
    ATTENTION SUPERSONIC KANGERS!!!! :eek::D:eek::D:eek:
    New Tiamat ICS kernels for EVO 4G:
    Non-SBC - http://downloads.tiamat-dev.com/022112/supersonic-tiamat-ics-022112.zip

SBC - http://downloads.tiamat-dev.com/022112/supersonic-tiamat-ics-sbc-022112.zip

Changelog here: http://tiamat-dev.com/ics-changes/

You called down the thunder...

Well now you got it!!!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynKoZD-sFi4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

:D:eek::D:eek::D:eek::D:eek::D:eek::D:eek:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    I have cleaned this thread up. The other rom was taken down. If I see one more post flaming or trolling another person in here with these same three people I will make sure u receive a nice vacation for sure. Its over. If you dont like each other then ignore each other. I've had to break two of u up once in the past. This is my final warning and it goes for all of u

xda moderator/recognised contributer