Nandroid back up questions

Search This thread

twistedillutions

Mar 7, 2013
So the nandroid says i can back up txt messeges does this mean i can do a factory reset flash new rom n gapps then flash my txt? How about bookmarks on dolphin browser
also it says i have to undete my SuperSU since im on kikat. Dat doesn't mess my rom up?

Last edited:

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
So the nandroid says i can back up txt messeges does this mean i can do a factory reset flash new rom n gapps then flash my txt? How about bookmarks on dolphin browser
also it says i have to undete my SuperSU since im on kikat. Dat doesn't mess my rom up?

When you do a nadroid backup it backing up EVERYTHING, system apps, user apps and app data which is in the browser case it's your browser settings and local book mark,.Text msg, call log, contacts etc.. are included. The second question, I don't understand what you're asking??? If you provide the O/S version and what rom I may able to help you better.

twistedillutions

Mar 7, 2013
When you do a nadroid backup it backing up EVERYTHING, system apps, user apps and app data which is in the browser case it's your browser settings and local book mark,.Text msg, call log, contacts etc.. are included. The second question, I don't understand what you're asking??? If you provide the O/S version and what rom I may able to help you better.

Ok thanks. Wen i installed nandroid it said i have to update my superSU since im a kitkat rom. Wich i did nothing went wonkers. After more Google searchers i got titanium backup and backup mms and dolphin. Since i wanna change roms i hate loosing my txt messeges and bookmarks. Takes hrs to set everything back up.

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
Ok thanks. Wen i installed nandroid it said i have to update my superSU since im a kitkat rom. Wich i did nothing went wonkers. After more Google searchers i got titanium backup and backup mms and dolphin. Since i wanna change roms i hate loosing my txt messeges and bookmarks. Takes hrs to set everything back up.

If you worry about your text/contacts/mms/call log and dophin data, then the best backup app is called My backup or My backup root (if you rooted). Once installed, click on new backup, select data backup, now you see a list including sms,txt,mms,contact etc.. just put a check mark on what ever you want to backup then hit go. Do the same for application, just select application instead of data. During the restore, you can select what data or what app you want to restore.
Edit: If you want to backup/restore system apps, your phone needed root and you need My backup root or it won't work.

Last edited:
Reactions: twistedillutions

twistedillutions

Mar 7, 2013
If you worry about your text/contacts/mms/call log and dophin data, then the best backup app is called My backup or My backup root (if you rooted). Once installed, click on new backup, select data backup, now you see a list including sms,txt,mms,contact etc.. just put a check mark on what ever you want to backup then hit go. Do the same for application, just select application instead of data. During the restore, you can select what data or what app you want to restore.
Edit: If you want to backup/restore system apps, your phone needed root and you need My backup root or it won't work.
ok thanks. i do google searches but also like asking questions double checking . i dont want a paper weight on my hands

pendata

Dec 22, 2013
ok thanks. i do google searches but also like asking questions double checking . i dont want a paper weight on my hands

are you trying to back up your mms, calls, data, etc or are you trying to root and flash roms? if you want to back up your data, i use rom toolbox pro for all in one app. if you want to have a recovery for your roms incase you brick and need to flash your backups use recoveries like cwm or twrp. I personally use Philz touch which is great.

twistedillutions

Mar 7, 2013
are you trying to back up your mms, calls, data, etc or are you trying to root and flash roms? if you want to back up your data, i use rom toolbox pro for all in one app. if you want to have a recovery for your roms incase you brick and need to flash your backups use recoveries like cwm or twrp. I personally use Philz touch which is great.

Im trying to back up jst my mms and browser data. Im already rooted and flash roms tru twrp

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.