[Q] Note Boot but black screen after GTN7000 logo

Search This thread

demaj

Aug 1, 2009
Hi,

I've just tried to put Jellybam rom on my note. I did all the needed stuff (wipe, forma, ...), proceeded everything in the aroma installer but when it rebooted, i've had the GT-N7000 logo and then nothing, just a black screen. I can't even put it on recovery mode or download mode ... =/ Someone can help me ? Thanks a lot !

glevitan

Nov 8, 2011
Buenos Aires
www.arreviewers.com
Hi,

I've just tried to put Jellybam rom on my note. I did all the needed stuff (wipe, forma, ...), proceeded everything in the aroma installer but when it rebooted, i've had the GT-N7000 logo and then nothing, just a black screen. I can't even put it on recovery mode or download mode ... =/ Someone can help me ? Thanks a lot !

Were you running a safe kernel? What rom were you on?

demaj

Aug 1, 2009
I was using hydracore kernel and on the Alliance Rom. Moreover my home button is out ...

lsdhillon

Oct 24, 2012
Hi,

According to me you should try PIT method while flashing
I too had similar problem where i couldnt get to recovery no matter which rom i flashed

demaj

Aug 1, 2009
How can I use PIT method ? I need Odin for it but I can't get into download mode because of my broken home button. Do you know another way to get recovery or download mode ? thnx for answering =)

frederic2707

Jun 16, 2012
wilrijk
Hi,

take a 300 ohm resistor and connect pin 3 and 5 of the micro usb port not sure jou will have to look it up and then it forces it into download mode

westy

Mar 3, 2003
Bucks
OK here's my idiot's guide

I did a bit of digging around yesterday and found a solution that worked for me. I couldn't get the phone past the N7000 logo - it just kept going black - even though i could hear the boot animation sound and the phone was working - only I could find any buttons that would allow me to answer the call!!

So...for an overview watch this - http://rootgalaxynote.com/galaxy-no...brick-att-galaxy-note-sgh-i717-android-2-3-6/ I nkow this says it's for a SGH-1717 but the basic approach is right.

Then assemble your requirements:

1. You'll need to have Odin for PC on your PC (naturally)
2. You'll need to download a stock ROM - select the relevant one for your phone (not the AT&T one mentioned in the video) here - http://samsung-updates.com/
3. USB drivers for your phone - I already had them and if you've been playing with your phone and bricked ti you probably already have too!!

Then follow his instructions - it worked for me - yippee!!

Reactions: manmo71

bluestring1538

Aug 14, 2008
blank screen after installing Philz Touch 6

Hi folks,
I just installed on my n7000 Philz Touch 6.26 yesterday. then upon reboot, I got a blank screen.
Here are some details on the Philz touch
Philz Touch 6
buld version 6.26.6 - n7000
CWM base version: v6.9.4.8
touch GUI revision 1.16
compiled Apr 14, 2014 at 13:36:54

Please help.

Bluestring1538

Hi folks,
I just installed on my n7000 Philz Touch 6.26 yesterday. then upon reboot, I got a blank screen.
Here are some details on the Philz touch
Philz Touch 6
buld version 6.26.6 - n7000
CWM base version: v6.9.4.8
touch GUI revision 1.16
compiled Apr 14, 2014 at 13:36:54

Please help.

Bluestring1538

Maybe you chose a Kernel that didn't fit to your Rom. So please add infos about the Rom version you use.

bluestring1538

Aug 14, 2008
Note boot but lak screen after gtn7000 logo

Maybe you chose a Kernel that didn't fit to your Rom. So please add infos about the Rom version you use.
Thanks for that prompt reply. Am sorry i was not ale to check my kernel. Can you help me how to do that . Also how to check my ROM version. Additinal info i can give is that i can still do the booting but do not know what to download. I can turn it to download mode. What would you recommend me to do? Shall i try odin method? Thanks.

nokiamodeln91

Jun 6, 2012
Thanks for that prompt reply. Am sorry i was not ale to check my kernel. Can you help me how to do that . Also how to check my ROM version. Additinal info i can give is that i can still do the booting but do not know what to download. I can turn it to download mode. What would you recommend me to do? Shall i try odin method? Thanks.

May be... Booting into philz recovery and connecting to pc, running getprop in shell will give you the info.

bluestring1538

Aug 14, 2008
blank screen after installing Philz Touch 6

Thank you. Will give it a try.
Hi Folks, I forgot to tell you that I had earlier upgraded my g7000 by installing PHILZ-cwm6-ddl-odd-4.93.6-Signed. and it worked. but when I installed Phil touch 6 i got a black screen after rebooting. What I did is I tried to install back PHILZ-cwm6-ddl-odd-4.93.6-Signed and it now working. I was just thinking if it is still possible for me to use the other program in xda developers site and what you would recommend that would fit my device. here are some info in my about device: model number GT-7000
Android Version 4.1.2
Baseband version: N7000XXLT3
Kernel version:
3.0.31-906407
se.infra@SEP-128#3
SMP PREEMPT WED mAR 6 19:53:40 KST 2013
Build Number
JZO54K.N7000XXLT9

THANKS

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK here's my idiot's guide

I did a bit of digging around yesterday and found a solution that worked for me. I couldn't get the phone past the N7000 logo - it just kept going black - even though i could hear the boot animation sound and the phone was working - only I could find any buttons that would allow me to answer the call!!

So...for an overview watch this - http://rootgalaxynote.com/galaxy-no...brick-att-galaxy-note-sgh-i717-android-2-3-6/ I nkow this says it's for a SGH-1717 but the basic approach is right.

Then assemble your requirements:

1. You'll need to have Odin for PC on your PC (naturally)
    2. You'll need to download a stock ROM - select the relevant one for your phone (not the AT&T one mentioned in the video) here - http://samsung-updates.com/
    3. USB drivers for your phone - I already had them and if you've been playing with your phone and bricked ti you probably already have too!!

Then follow his instructions - it worked for me - yippee!!