OGYouTube app

Search This thread

nor-ric

Jul 9, 2012
What's the difference between versions of this app? This is version 5, but I've also found version 6 and 8. :confused:

jeyd02

Apr 11, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Ummm yeah it converts videos from youtube to mp3.

Ive found this version to be the only one that works on every android device. I havent had any issues like the other versions have.
Actually no, this doesn't convert the files to true mp3, what it does is it changes the format to mp3. The phone ready it as mp3 but file being mp4.

You can check this by downloading as mp3 and transferring the file to your pc. You'll see in the pc it'll open as video

P

podagee

Actually no, this doesn't convert the files to true mp3, what it does is it changes the format to mp3. The phone ready it as mp3 but file being mp4.

You can check this by downloading as mp3 and transferring the file to your pc. You'll see in the pc it'll open as video

ummmmm no. you are wrong. i have all the files on my computer and it is mp3's. why dont you configure your computer to read the files properly and you wont have a problem. i do not know what your argument with the app is,but, if you do not like it use something else.

P

podagee

oh and when you click the download tab it asks if you want it mp3. if you are using the newer versio and not the one i provided you will have that problem

jeyd02

Apr 11, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
oh and when you click the download tab it asks if you want it mp3. if you are using the newer versio and not the one i provided you will have that problem
Wait a min. Are you sure the apps convert them? A while ago I used to download as mp3 all the time and whenever I had to import to computer to do some editing like audacity or adobe audition, I found that that the file's core format is not an mp3 but an mp4 renamed as file."mp3". Hence when you open it in computer it might open as video or sound only file but the properties are not mp3.

android recognizes any file with .mp3 as sound. But when you want to modify based on mp3 you can't. And that's why I am saying this doesn't for me trully converts file.

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

Let me try the new version...

P

podagee

Wait a min. Are you sure the apps convert them? A while ago I used to download as mp3 all the time and whenever I had to import to computer to do some editing like audacity or adobe audition, I found that that the file's core format is not an mp3 but an mp4 renamed as file."mp3". Hence when you open it in computer it might open as video or sound only file but the properties are not mp3.

android recognizes any file with .mp3 as sound. But when you want to modify based on mp3 you can't. And that's why I am saying this doesn't for me trully converts file.

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

the new version has problem,well for me it did. on my computer(windows 8) it reads out as an mp3 so i am very confused as to what you are talking about. now im going to go and look into file.

P

podagee

yep,it says m3 format sound on y computer. do not know what you are talking about buddy

jeyd02

Apr 11, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
the new version has problem,well for me it did. on my computer(windows 8) it reads out as an mp3 so i am very confused as to what you are talking about. now im going to go and look into file.
Okay I just tried it, and no. It really plays as a video files. Not true mp3, sorry. When you play it in your computer it plays it as video, which if you are using Windows Media Player it would be no different but if you use another core audio program it's identify as video file.

Try change the file name to = name.mp4 instead of mp3

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

yep,it says m3 format sound on y computer. do not know what you are talking about buddy
Yes, it is a renamed mp3 format. I can change any mp4 video to mp3 by renaming it's format but it'll still be a video. Saying that it's a mp3 format doesn't really determine it as true audio. As I said change the file format to .mp4 and you'll see.

I know this because I do editing and sometimes I alter the audio channels for some modification and I could do that with audio only audio.

P

podagee

Okay I just tried it, and no. It really plays as a video files. Not true mp3, sorry. When you play it in your computer it plays it as video, which if you are using Windows Media Player it would be no different but if you use another core audio program it's identify as video file.

Try change the file name to = name.mp4 instead of mp3

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Yes, it is a renamed mp3 format. I can change any mp4 video to mp3 by renaming it's format but it'll still be a video. Saying that it's a mp3 format doesn't really determine it as true audio. As I said change the file format to .mp4 and you'll see.

I know this because I do editing and sometimes I alter the audio channels for some modification and I could do that with audio only audio.

ummm okay but why would i want to rename the file to mp4? mp4 is a video. ill leave it as mp3 since thats what im wanting. also as a 3mb file at most it seems like an mp3 to me.

jeyd02

Apr 11, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
ummm okay but why would i want to rename the file to mp4? mp4 is a video. ill leave it as mp3 since thats what im wanting. also as a 3mb file at most it seems like an mp3 to me.
I just wanted to give you an example, how renaming some format can make it to still work. Anyways, you can leave it as mp3 that perfectly fine and fortunately for Android that's a very easy trick to do, they can play the format as audio. So as long as you just going to download and play there is no problem.

But that was my original argument. While for Android phone ogyoutube works nicely it really doesn't convert the video files to mp3 but it just renames it and for me it's not convenient. For other people yes but I would do another method. That's all.

P

podagee

I just wanted to give you an example, how renaming some format can make it to still work. Anyways, you can leave it as mp3 that perfectly fine and fortunately for Android that's a very easy trick to do, they can play the format as audio. So as long as you just going to download and play there is no problem.

But that was my original argument. While for Android phone ogyoutube works nicely it really doesn't convert the video files to mp3 but it just renames it and for me it's not convenient. For other people yes but I would do another method. That's all.

i still really dont get you, an mp4 is 100mb +. when converted to mp3 its 3mb or less. i dont know how thats not convenient. well it does its job for me. well good luck in finding something that suites your needs.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How much better, and could you specify what you say?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

well if it's about downloading videos/music tubemate is definetly better/reliable,it has options for simultaneous downloads/downloading from multiple connections for faster download/wifi only downloads(to not use your mobile internet like if you suddenly loose connection) and you can even sign in to your account tonavigate to videos your are subscribed to faster/check your watch later list without getting error and there isn't a need to worry that if your playstpre autoupdates apps or someone accidentally updates it, it won't stop working but if it's about playing videos while screen is off/having a pop up player for youtube(I know og doesn't have it but worth mentioning) you can check out viral floating youtube pop up on playstore it's the app I've been using in place of youtube