[Q] 2.2 made the music headphone volume too low on streak???

Search This thread

emregezgin

Nov 26, 2008
Copenhagen
is it just me or does anyone els feel that the music volume is too low on the streak when playing out of the headphones..?

Is there any way to make it louder?

emregezgin

Nov 26, 2008
Copenhagen
hmm..

Okay im not the only one feeling that.
But what can we do? is there a way to boost the volume? I have tried a few apps that would boost the volume but non worked..
Anyone know how to boost the volume?

gtp20

Nov 29, 2010
Anyone have a solution?? This is driving me crazy!! The volume is set to max and the speakers are screaming, but the music is not loud at all.

deekdeek

Jul 12, 2009
Same here and im surprised that no one else thinks this is an issue? My Bose noise cancelling muffs are kinda useless with this.

2.2 318 with perf fix.

tonstar17

Aug 28, 2010
Download powerAMP from the market. this will boast up your volume and it has EQ as well as bass & treble.

BrockFerens

Jun 17, 2010
Kelowna
Agreed I use mixzing, but the equalizer doesnt do much without distortion. Does anyone know if the louder volume hack apps work? I thought i read that djsteve boosted volume? Or maybe just a dream. LoL

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk

What excactly do the designers at dell do whilst planning the next release?
Visit forums like this.
There a lot of owners using the streak as a mp3 player: OK we'll put a stop to that by removing any decent volume :mad:
Ok there's a lot of owners using rebel sim to bypass the unlock: we'll put a stop to that with 2.2 :mad:
There's a lot of 1.6 users utilising the 5' screen size: we'll put a stop to that with 2.1 and design it so you can fit less icons on a screen :rolleyes:
And when we release 2.2 we'll release it with something called stage which wastes even more of the 5' screen size :mad:

zkyevolved

Apr 17, 2008
What excactly do the designers at dell do whilst planning the next release?
Visit forums like this.
There a lot of owners using the streak as a mp3 player: OK we'll put a stop to that by removing any decent volume :mad:
Ok there's a lot of owners using rebel sim to bypass the unlock: we'll put a stop to that with 2.2 :mad:
There's a lot of 1.6 users utilising the 5' screen size: we'll put a stop to that with 2.1 and design it so you can fit less icons on a screen :rolleyes:
And when we release 2.2 we'll release it with something called stage which wastes even more of the 5' screen size :mad:

Lol. Now that's a rant.

I haven't had the streak all too long but it's a fantastic device. :). The volume control is really low. But I'm sure Dell will fix it if we head on over to their forums or something. Possibly put in a ticket? I'm going to open a support ticket this week because there are a ton of apps on the market that give me an error 18 message which pisses me off. But I guess I'll open a ticket for this too. Haha.

-Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest69

Aug 26, 2006
Harrogate
OPPO Find X3 Pro
Gutted, just bought a 2nd gen xmi mini speaker, it sounds truly unbelievable with any other audio device but can hardly hear it with the streak. It's like they've put some avls volume limiter on to save our ears using headphones, it sucks.
Does anyone know of any way to over ride this?

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App

RenkliArif

Oct 24, 2010
Seems I'm not the only one with this problem. I can hear my surroundings using an in ear set with the streak on PowerAMP max preamp.
Hope someone can find a fix for this...

Okay im not the only one feeling that.
But what can we do? is there a way to boost the volume? I have tried a few apps that would boost the volume but non worked..
Anyone know how to boost the volume?

From what I understand through extensive research on the matter, the only way app based volume boosters will work is if you are running a rom which has kernel changes to allow the apps to modify sound.