##72786# help

Search This thread

icexige

Oct 1, 2011
my 3g connection was down all morning and i tried updating profile by doing ##72786# in dialer. however, my 3g is back and i'm still not getting any internet connection. all apps that uses data does not work and i have to connect to wifi to send and receive data. i've tried to revert back by restoring nand backup but still doesnt work. is there anyway to revert back to my old setting???

sfhub

Oct 23, 2008
After you did ##72786# reset, it should have rebooted the phone, then it should have performed hands free activation, then performed update profile and prl.

If some of these didn't complete then your data might not work. If your 3g was done, there is the possibility the infrastructure to perform those updates was also down.

You can perform update profile from menu->settings->system updates or menu->settings->about phone->system updates

Also if you were on an older PRL, it may have updated you to a newer PRL. This might have removed (or added) some roaming capabilities.

I would just try the ##72786# reset again now that the Sprint network in your area is back up.

icexige

Oct 1, 2011
when i tried ##72786# again the phone rebooted but does not go through the profile update and for some reason i cannot update profile through setting because it kicks me back out. i'm rooted an on an old calkulin's rom. is there anyway to update profile without going through the settings???

sfhub

Oct 23, 2008
when i tried ##72786# again the phone rebooted but does not go through the profile update and for some reason i cannot update profile through setting because it kicks me back out. i'm rooted an on an old calkulin's rom. is there anyway to update profile without going through the settings???

Custom ROMs might have removed the update profile apps.

I would perform nandroid backup, then flash stock ODIN OneClick, peform the ##72786# reset from there, then after HFA and profile update are done, restore your nandroid backup.

Reactions: icexige

icexige

Oct 1, 2011
finally got it to activate and update profile. i had to unfreeze system update in titanium backup and then i was able to update through system menu. thank you very much for your help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Custom ROMs might have removed the update profile apps.

I would perform nandroid backup, then flash stock ODIN OneClick, peform the ##72786# reset from there, then after HFA and profile update are done, restore your nandroid backup.