INSTALLING CWM on ZOPO ZP900 LEADER

Search This thread

vijayar

Oct 2, 2011
Bangalore
This method successfully installs the CWM on the phone. CWM version supplied by ZOPO does not work. Use the CWM posted in the second link

I am a still learning and not a developer !

Hi All ZOPO ZP900 Leader Owners,

This is a guide for Installing Clock Work Mod Recovery Image on ZOPO ZP900 Leader Phone. Most of the owners of this fantastic phone would have desperately tried like me to install CWM on this phone (some may have found success). ZOPO does gives an option to order the phone pre-rooted however they do not install CWM ....or for that matter there is no Stock Recovery on the phone !!!. Start the phone with Power + Volume Up button pressed and your presented with an image of sick Android lying down with a Red triangle coming out of his opened stomach :laugh:

DONT TRY TO USE ROM MANAGER APP TO INSTALL CWM, THIS WILL ONLY BRICK YOUR PHONE !

So after breaking my head for couple of days, searching the net, downloading stuff I have successfully installed CWM !

So here are the steps !.

What you need
1. ZOPO ZP900 Leader phone
2. Download Fully working English CWM from here http://www.4shared.com/file/16vuWyiU/recovery.html. The one posted in Zopo website does not work.
3. Download latest SP Flash Tool for MTK6577 from here http://www.4shared.com/zip/Xgc3G_hB/SP_Flash_Tool_v3122200.html
4. Download the latest Stock ICS ROM for ZP900 from Zopo website link http://www.4shared.com/rar/hGY2ahbu/MP_MT77_root_en_play_fix_zp900.html
5. Download MTK6577 Driver from Zopo website http://www.4shared.com/zip/YXlLFoLm/6577driver_install_3_steps.html

Installation Steps

1. Unzip and Install the USB drivers on your Windows PC using the MTK 6577 Driver Zip file. There will be 3 folders named First Step, Second Step & Third Step. Open First Step install the MTK driver MSI file. Post completion open Second Step, click on ClickInstall Driver, it will automatically install the USB driver. Press Exit after installation (Win 7 may give error that installation was incorrect, just ignore)
Repeat the same for folder Third Step

Connect your phone switched off and battery removed using USB cable. Windows will recognize and install the MTK drivers for your phone (any free COM ports) will be configured. Disconnect the phone. Put the battery back but do not switch on the phone

2.Extract the latest ROM folder from downloaded ICS ROM. You will get 2 folders

database
MP_MT77_h958_zp900_zwx_ics_20120912-155136_TSZ_PC

Open the second folder (MP_MT77***). This is the folder that has all the image files. You will find recovery.img file. This is original file. You can either rename it or keep a back up and delete it.

3. Copy the new CWM recovery.img file that you downloaded from ZOPO website in this folder. Rename it to be recovery.img

4. Extract and run SP flash Tool.exe (the one with Blue image icon)

5.Click on Options, USB Mode will be checked, DA Download All will be checked, in the sub options Speed will be Checked High Speed, Battery select With Battery. Come to the main Application window

6. Click on Scatter-loading button which is on the right side below Downloading Agent. A window will open. Browse to your extracted ICS ROM folder, click on folder MP_MT77****. By default you will have only one map file of name MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc. Select this

7. The flash tool will populate the Map file on the application window. You will see multiple Entries such as
PRELOADER
DSP_BL
MBR

etc etc. Each will have a check box which is by default checked.

8. UNCHECK all entries EXCEPT FOR "RECOVERY". Leave Recovery checked.

9. Now click on "Download" on the Application or press F9 on keyboard. A warning message will pop up. Press YES

10. You will see in the status bar below "Searching"

11. Connect your phone (switched off and with battery inserted) via the USB cable.

12. Flash tool will do its stuff. First a red progress bar, then a count down, a quick yellow progress bar and final window showing Green Circle.

If you get this the Congrats You have flashed CWM !

Check by unplugging the phone and re-starting it with Power+Volume Up button Pressed. The Phone will boot into CWM !.

Enjoy !

Warning - Please follow the instructions. Don't mess around with anything else. Not responsible if you do anything else and brick your device !

In case you get any other error on SP Flash Tool, then recheck your MTK driver installation. Try on another PC.

Now I hope this opens the door for many other things !

Additional Info -

Install PDAnet from here http://www.junefabrics.com/android/download.php or Snappea from www.snappea.com to make your device get recognized when connected to the computer. Install this with your phone switched on, this software installs the necessary drivers for the phone, post which you can use flash tool.

Last edited:

vijayar

Oct 2, 2011
Bangalore
reserved

The CWM from taiwan101 for the 9300+ seems to be working fine. I was able to install .zip file from SD card. However the CWM is in Taiwanese, so if anyone can provide the CWM in English, thanks in advance
link for 9300+ CWM http://d01.megashares.com/dl/KicT315...M_Recovery.rar

UPDATE - Finally got a full working English CWM for ZOPO extracted from Mod ROM posted thanks to Kyrie1965. Tested and everything is working. Download from here http://www.4shared.com/file/16vuWyiU/recovery.html

Last edited:

bhargav1991

Mar 18, 2011
maharashtra
This method successfully installs the CWM on the phone. CWM as such works (able to navigate through the menus etc) but some of the function such as Install from ZIP, Backup etc, mount are not working, Gives an error Unable to Mount Sdcard !. Not sure if the issue is with CWM version supplied by ZOPO, need to try with other/older versions of CWM.

Please feel free to post links of CWM that works

This is a guide for Installing Clock Work Mod Recovery Image on ZOPO ZP900 Leader Phone. Most of the owners of this fantastic phone would have desperately tried like me to install CWM on this phone (some may have found success). ZOPO does gives an option to order the phone pre-rooted however they do not install CWM ....or for that matter there is no Stock Recovery on the phone !!!. Start the phone with Power + Volume Up button pressed and your presented with an image of sick Android lying down with a Red triangle coming out of his opened stomach :laugh:

DONT TRY TO USE ROM MANAGER APP TO INSTALL CWM, THIS WILL ONLY BRICK YOUR PHONE !

So after breaking my head for couple of days, searching the net, downloading stuff I have successfully installed CWM !

So here are the steps !.

What you need
2. Download latest CWM from the link provided in Zopo Website http://www.4shared.com/file/lp0t5E1t/cmw-recovery.html
3. Download latest SP Flash Tool for MTK6577 from here http://www.4shared.com/zip/Xgc3G_hB/SP_Flash_Tool_v3122200.html
4. Download the latest Stock ICS ROM for ZP900 from Zopo website link http://www.4shared.com/rar/hGY2ahbu/MP_MT77_root_en_play_fix_zp900.html
5. Download MTK6577 Driver from Zopo website http://www.4shared.com/zip/YXlLFoLm/6577driver_install_3_steps.html

Installation Steps

1. Unzip and Install the USB drivers on your Windows PC using the MTK 6577 Driver Zip file. There will be 3 folders named First Step, Second Step & Third Step. Open First Step install the MTK driver MSI file. Post completion open Second Step, click on ClickInstall Driver, it will automatically install the USB driver. Press Exit after installation (Win 7 may give error that installation was incorrect, just ignore)

Connect your phone switched off and battery removed using USB cable. Windows will recognize and install the MTK drivers for your phone (any free COM ports) will be configured. Disconnect the phone. Put the battery back but do not switch on the phone

database

Open the second folder (MP_MT77***). This is the folder that has all the image files. You will find recovery.img file. This is original file. You can either rename it or keep a back up and delete it.

3. Copy the new CWM recovery.img file that you downloaded from ZOPO website in this folder. Rename it to be recovery.img

5.Click on Options, USB Mode will be checked, DA Download All will be checked, in the sub options Speed will be Checked High Speed, Battery select With Battery. Come to the main Application window

6. Click on Scatter-loading button which is on the right side below Downloading Agent. A window will open. Browse to your extracted ICS ROM folder, click on folder MP_MT77****. By default you will have only one map file of name MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc. Select this

7. The flash tool will populate the Map file on the application window. You will see multiple Entries such as
PRELOADER
DSP_BL
MBR

9. Now click on "Download" on the Application or press F9 on keyboard. A warning message will pop up. Press YES

11. Connect your phone (switched off and with battery inserted) via the USB cable.

12. Flash tool will do its stuff. First a red progress bar, then a count down, a quick yellow progress bar and final window showing Green Circle.

Check by unplugging the phone and re-starting it with Power+Volume Up button Pressed. The Phone will boot into CWM !.

Enjoy !

Warning - Please follow the instructions. Don't mess around with anything else. Not responsible if you do anything else and brick your device !

In case you get any other error on SP Flash Tool, then recheck your MTK driver installation. Try on another PC.

hey will this work on hero 9300+ ,512mb ram .
i have ordered one and will soon arrive.
will try to make some custom roms.:D

miraguilar1

Jun 17, 2010
B rom error:

hi there does anyone has flash the zopo900 leader and got the message B ROM ERROR: S_COM_PORT_OPEN_FAIL (1013)
It wont letme flash the phone driver seems working fine but it said "single usb port" and the port assing it. please help!

senlakshman

Sep 27, 2012
Hi Vijay,

What if i dont follow the step 8 (uncheck everything except recovery). Does it cause any issue?

I am running win 7 x64 and when i run the flash tool it says searching only after i click the download :(

vijayar

Oct 2, 2011
Bangalore
hi there does anyone has flash the zopo900 leader and got the message B ROM ERROR: S_COM_PORT_OPEN_FAIL (1013)
It wont letme flash the phone driver seems working fine but it said "single usb port" and the port assing it. please help!

Check your device drivers USB driver has not been installed properly. I faced this issue and after multiple attempts of reinstall of USB drivers the flash tool started working properly

Also you can try installing PDAnet from here http://www.junefabrics.com/android/download.php

Install this with your phone switched on, this software installs the necessary drivers for the phone, post which you can use flash tool.

Note Connect the phone to flash tool first without battery, in options select with battery, press download after selecting the required file, when it says searching unplug the phone put battery back, dont switch on, plus back the usb. The flash tool should load the required file.

vijayar

Oct 2, 2011
Bangalore
Hi Vijay,

What if i dont follow the step 8 (uncheck everything except recovery). Does it cause any issue?

I am running win 7 x64 and when i run the flash tool it says searching only after i click the download :(

It will flash the entire ROM again. My guide was specifically for flashing only the CWM and not the entire ROM. I wanted to keep the Stock rom intact as it came from ZOPO.

Word of caution, I am yet top try flashing the complete ROM so if you are trying ensure that your have taken a backup via CWM (if already flashed) of your existing full working ROM before attempting anything. Also flash only ZOPO Stock or customised ROMs,

bhargav1991

Mar 18, 2011
maharashtra
From where did you bought this mobile?
Does the imei start from 355,889,3535
Is it ips 1gb ram .

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

senlakshman

Sep 27, 2012
It will flash the entire ROM again. My guide was specifically for flashing only the CWM and not the entire ROM. I wanted to keep the Stock rom intact as it came from ZOPO.

Word of caution, I am yet top try flashing the complete ROM so if you are trying ensure that your have taken a backup via CWM (if already flashed) of your existing full working ROM before attempting anything. Also flash only ZOPO Stock or customised ROMs,

I have installed the drivers, while the phone is on using pdanet and i powered off and ran the flash tool first without battery (with battery option) and put the battery back in. but i got message stating please insert usb and Flashtool have this alert.

Not sure, where i am missing the steps :(

Attachments

• zp900_flashtool_error.png
    zp900_flashtool_error.png
    34.1 KB · Views: 477

vattmann

Dec 31, 2008
I have installed the drivers, while the phone is on using pdanet and i powered off and ran the flash tool first without battery (with battery option) and put the battery back in. but i got message stating please insert usb and Flashtool have this alert.

Not sure, where i am missing the steps :(

i too was having this problem but i tried the MTK6575 DRIVER and it worked maybe give it a try;)

Oct 14, 2012
Working

hey will this work on hero 9300+ ,512mb ram .
i have ordered one and will soon arrive.
will try to make some custom roms.:D

Confirmed working on 9300+
Follow the tutorial exactly as written.

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

Hey guys, I want to try this on my hero 9300+.

Is it safe?

This is a copy of cwm with the specific support for the MTK6577 used by the 9300+
So yes it safe.

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

hey i have hero 9300+ 512mb ram
i have no network issue plz help me!:crying:

Make sure you removed the battery long enough from your phone.
You may also have to reboot your pc a couple of times.

bhargav1991

Mar 18, 2011
maharashtra
Wtf .
I am talking about the no service issue,it doesn't have any relation
With battery or pc :what: :eek:
Anyways its an imei issue. :D

m3n3chm0

Aug 26, 2008
A Coruña
www.m3n3chm0.es
Anyone having problem with drivers can follow this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfemoi6Aizw
complete flashing process

Hello bhargav1991, i got some questions:

1. I've buy zp900 but it will arrive next week. In the video you posted there is a guide how to flash the official Zopo z900 latest stock ROM but in this way you get the latest rom + root but no ClockWorkMod Recovery installed ?¿¿

2. My intention as i done with my old..HTC Desire HD is flashing ClockWorkMod Recovery and install the latest Zp 900 stock ROM + ROOT. So following the 1st post and once all steps are done one by one, will I get the same rom that come installed ?¿ but non root ?¿

I need to download the latest ZOPO ROM .zip and then install it from ClockWorkMod and finally i will get the latest ROM + ROOT ¿?

Could you please help me :)

Thank you so much in advance guys ¡¡

:good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This method successfully installs the CWM on the phone. CWM version supplied by ZOPO does not work. Use the CWM posted in the second link

So here are the steps !.

What you need
    2. Download Fully working English CWM from here http://www.4shared.com/file/16vuWyiU/recovery.html. The one posted in Zopo website does not work.

Installation Steps

database

PRELOADER
    DSP_BL
    MBR

Enjoy !

Additional Info -

Install PDAnet from here http://www.junefabrics.com/android/download.php or Snappea from www.snappea.com to make your device get recognized when connected to the computer. Install this with your phone switched on, this software installs the necessary drivers for the phone, post which you can use flash tool.
    Flash Tool Driver Problems Solved (Maybe)

I have a Hero 9500 which is a clone of the ZP900 - but about $50 cheaper because it doesn't have the "brand". Who outside of China has heard of Zopo anyway? Whatever it's a great phone with a high quality set of firmware. The only lack is a decent Recovery module. CWM should be able to fix that - fantastic, I thought.

Until I tried using the Flash Tool. What a heap of junk. And the drivers too! Total CARP. Still until you have CWM installed there's no alternative but to struggle on. After several attempts, I finally managed to get the first stage of the Flash Tool working - the RED progress line would be shown, but then Windows started asking for another driver and the Flash Tool only gives you 30 seconds to work out what's going on and then stops. Also tried the Snappea route as shown in the video earlier in this forum - that didn't work either.

Finally today, I achieved success. But only after some real digging into Windows. I am running on XP - I think the same will work in Vista/7/8, but I can't find a way to view COM ports in device manager in Win 7. So XP it is.

First, you need to be able to see INSTALLED but currently UNPLUGGED devices. To do this start a CMD window (Windows-R => CMD). If doing this in Vista/7/8 you must run CMD as Administrator.

At the command prompt type:

set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1

Then

start devmgmt.msc

This will launch in Device Manager.

On the VIEW menu, check the "Show Hidden Devices" option. Scroll down the list to the "PORTS (COM & LPT)" node and expand this. For the Flash Tool to work, you MUST have two com ports installed:

MediaTek DA USB VCOM Port (COMxx)
    PreLoader USB VCOM (Android) (COMyy)

Where xx and yy are the port numbers.

If you are having problems, chances are you will only see one of these ports present (or possibly none). If there is one, it will be the Preloader USB VCOM (Android) port.

Now we need to get the drivers installed. The ONLY way I could get this work is the following recipe.

First uninstall the driver you currently have installed (if any) - in Device Manager, right click on PreLoader USB VCOM (Android) (COMyy) and choose "UNINSTALL". Windows will remove the com port and its driver.

Now we can get started for real...

Download the drivers from http://www.4shared.com/rar/GXGsjWuQ/zopo_USB_Drivers.html?refurl=d1url (These are the drivers referenced in this post on ZOPO mobile store
    http://www.zopomobileshop.com/zopo-...r-zopo-mobile-phone-step-by-step-instruction/)

Make sure you are running with Device Manager open and that you know exactly where the driver file was downloaded.. Power the phone off and remove the battery. Connect with USB. The laptop will start trying to install the driver for the phone. In Device Manager, a item will be added in the list of Ports, with a big yellow question mark on it. As soon as this item appears right click it and choose INSTALL DRIVER. Windows will prompt for the driver file - navigate to the location of the downloaded driver and choose it. Windows will list "PreLoader USB VCOM (Android)" as the available device - choose that. The driver will be installed.

NOW we have completed the first part, but the second driver still needs to be installed. The only way I could find of installing the second driver was to run the Flash Tool. Unplug your phone from the PC. Launch the Flash Tool, in OPTIONS choose "High Speed" and "With Battery". Open the scatter file (instructions in many other posts). Nothing is going to get flashed this time because one of the drivers is still missing. It is safe to press the DOWNLOAD button.

Make sure Device Manager is still open.

Put the battery in the phone and with the power off, connect the phone via USB again. The flash process will start - the red progress line will show. Then the process will stall and windows will start trying to install another driver. In Device Manager a new item should have been added, again with a big yellow question mark. Now follow the same procedure as before - right click on the icon with the question mark and choose INSTALL DRIVER again. Navigate to the same driver file and select it. Windows will now show the

MediaTek DA USB VCOM

Choose that and windows will install it. Device manager should now show the two drivers installed.

Now disconnect your phone and REMOVE THE BATTERY. Put the battery back and power on the phone to check it's still OK.

With the two drivers installed, the Flash Tool should work correctly - follow the Flash Tool instructions in the other posts to flash CWM (or another full ROM).
    OK i just read about this app :) thanks... but... have you got a Zopo zp900 too ?¿?¿ did you root it using this app ?¿

I have the Hero9300+ aka zp900s same thing just about. It will work for the zp900 also I have no doubt as the script is for ics and jb and minpulates the back up and restore portion.
    Can you give the link please for the cwm

Sent from my ZP900 using xda app-developers app

Please quote the post you are replying to next time. I am not sure this is direct at me. But this is where I download the Chinese recovery: http://www.4shared.com/rar/8rDUHV4w/Taiwan101_H9500_CWM_Recovery.html?cau2=403tNull
    Thanks, I was able to install CWR using your tutorial but I have encountered a road block and I've searched everywhere but I can't find a solution for our phone..

upon entering CWR, I tried to make a back up and it says "can't mount /sdcard/"?
    CWR log says: W: failed to mount /dev/block/mmcblk1 (invalid argument)
    using v6.0.1.2

is this happening in your phones as well?

If you have used the CWM given by ZOPO then there is a problem with that. Use the CWM link I have given in the second post.