[Q] Bootloop TF101

Search This thread

NogNeetMachinaal

Jun 15, 2013
Hedel
ww.moonen.me
Hi Everyone,

For some reason, TWRP is not able to format /Data.
It keeps saying "failed to mount /data (Device or resource busy)".
This doesn't prevent me from updating the ROM to 4.4.2-21.
However, once updated it keeps on booting over-and-over.

Is there a way to - sort-of - a forced format of the internal flash.
Or at least the /data partition as it seems to be corrept.

Thanks - Will

Last edited:

jh1969

Jan 24, 2014
Hi,
With twrp use the wipe menu for installing kk 4.4.2
Wipe cache-dalvik cache-data-system-internal storage (if you need a complete clean install), after install menu, flash the rom and the gapps, return to wipe menu, wipe cache and dalvik cache again.reboot.you`ll run on the new rom
(Ps : don't used mount sd and format menu). :)

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda app-developers app

NogNeetMachinaal

Jun 15, 2013
Hedel
ww.moonen.me
Hi,
With twrp use the wipe menu for installing kk 4.4.2
Wipe cache-dalvik cache-data-system-internal storage (if you need a complete clean install), after install menu, flash the rom and the gapps, return to wipe menu, wipe cache and dalvik cache again.reboot.you`ll run on the new rom
(Ps : don't used mount sd and format menu). :)

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda app-developers app

Thanks for the (quick) response.
I'm coming from 4.4.2-19. However, on previous occasions I was able to upgrade without going through a clean install.
So I tried the same this time with 4.4.2-21. However, as it stands, this release tends to end up in an ever on-going boot sequence.
Even a clean install or going back to the previous version (4.4.2-19) doesn't work.

Compared to previous installs, the only difference I can see is an error stating that /data can not be wiped.

Any thoughts on this behavior?

Thanks - Will

Last edited:

jh1969

Jan 24, 2014
Thanks for the (quick) response.
I'm coming from 4.4.2-19. However, on previous occasions I was able to upgrade without going through a clean install.
So I tried the same this time with 4.4.2-21. However, as it stands, this release tends to end up in an ever on-going boot sequence.
Even a clean install or going back to the previous version (4.4.2-19) doesn't work.

Compared to previous installs, the only difference I can see is an error stating that /data can not be wiped.

Any thoughts on this behavior?

Thanks - Will
Hi, which release of TWRP do you use ? in 2.6.3.0 and lower release, on wipe menu you have an advanced wipe menu, go on it select format and type data, this will format data partition