[Q] Best Step by Step tutorial for app development

Search This thread
Mar 20, 2012
Mumbai
Hey guys! I'm new to app development world, I have a good amount of knowledge of c/c++ and learning java right now (I'm an engineering student), and totally interested in making my own app for android, I have made some basic apps, but it would be a real help if I get a good tutorial for bigger apps and also a tutorial for 2-D gaming on this platform for now....thanks in advanced!

Mar 20, 2012
Mumbai
Not this buddy....I want a bit simpler tutorial....that one is too vast, I want a tutorial that specifically teaches for one particular type of app, example: making a 2-D game, or building a browser, or a messaging app, etc.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

deanwray

Apr 2, 2006
www.deanwray.co.uk
Not this buddy....I want a bit simpler tutorial....that one is too vast, I want a tutorial that specifically teaches for one particular type of app, example: making a 2-D game, or building a browser, or a messaging app, etc.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

I think those topics are a collection of hundreds of patterns, knowledge, implementation and understanding, so better to start simple rather than ....well.... as the saying goes...learn to walk first before you try and pilot a space shuttle :)

Just a suggestion

Note : there maybe dvd sets that show what you ask, but I would suspect it would be months if not years of learning for a nice grounding in what you will need.

Mar 20, 2012
Mumbai
I know basic bro....

I think those topics are a collection of hundreds of patterns, knowledge, implementation and understanding, so better to start simple rather than ....well.... as the saying goes...learn to walk first before you try and pilot a space shuttle :)

Just a suggestion

Note : there maybe dvd sets that show what you ask, but I would suspect it would be months if not years of learning for a nice grounding in what you will need.

I just said I made a few basic apps, I don't wanna sound rude but I have learned to "walk" , just needs a few directions before I start to fly.

deanwray

Apr 2, 2006
www.deanwray.co.uk
I just said I made a few basic apps, I don't wanna sound rude but I have learned to "walk" , just needs a few directions before I start to fly.

Sorry was speed reading to just try and offer help... as I said there are lots of resources, but for something like a game, you have mass resources based on the tech/engine you choose (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17163446/what-is-the-best-2d-game-engine-for-android)... if you choose one of the popular ones there are tonnes of resource. As for building an app, it's just a little ambiguous. A screen that displays a black view fullscreen is an app. I think it's best to evaluate the market see whats missing or can be improved upon and start that way.

BTW I was confused on you saying you wanted simpler than d.android.com/training (which is like the starting point from zero) But I think I get what your asking now

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2012
Mumbai
That helps a lot thanks!

if you choose one of the popular ones there are tonnes of resource. As for building an app, it's just a little ambiguous. A screen that displays a black view fullscreen is an app. I think it's best to evaluate the market see whats missing or can be improved upon and start that way.

BTW I was confused on you saying you wanted simpler than d.android.com/training (which is like the starting point from zero) But I think I get what your asking now
Thanks man! That helps a lot :) and if I may ask for more then are there any tutorials for simple multiplayer games....I know I have to set up a server to which a user can connect to,but I don't exactly know how to do that...so a tutorial on it would help :)
Also tutorials on multiplayer games via Bluetooth connection would be nice :)

deanwray

Apr 2, 2006
www.deanwray.co.uk
Thanks man! That helps a lot :) and if I may ask for more then are there any tutorials for simple multiplayer games....I know I have to set up a server to which a user can connect to,but I don't exactly know how to do that...so a tutorial on it would help :)

that I cant help with and would be on par with you in having to google, if I were to speculate then I would assume that lots of the core elements like profile linking, indents, scores/stats and states are/can be handled by the new google play services game stuff... but just have a read on google/android site, cause I would say yes to having a server for MMO games but no if it's either 1 to 1 or not realtime.

btw not many do bluetooth these days, wifi network or wifi direct for local games ;)

Reactions: rulerofthehell

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sorry was speed reading to just try and offer help... as I said there are lots of resources, but for something like a game, you have mass resources based on the tech/engine you choose (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17163446/what-is-the-best-2d-game-engine-for-android)... if you choose one of the popular ones there are tonnes of resource. As for building an app, it's just a little ambiguous. A screen that displays a black view fullscreen is an app. I think it's best to evaluate the market see whats missing or can be improved upon and start that way.

I highly recommend "android bootcamp series" (sorry I can't add link, so please write it in google).
    This screencasts explain all building blocks in Android in easy way

that I cant help with and would be on par with you in having to google, if I were to speculate then I would assume that lots of the core elements like profile linking, indents, scores/stats and states are/can be handled by the new google play services game stuff... but just have a read on google/android site, cause I would say yes to having a server for MMO games but no if it's either 1 to 1 or not realtime.

btw not many do bluetooth these days, wifi network or wifi direct for local games ;)
    Check vogella.com, you'll find a bunch of examples. Really helpful.