[Q] Disable all animations but keep the screen-off effect?

Search This thread

cd993

May 8, 2009
London
OnePlus 12
As the title says, is it possible to disable the animations but keep the CRT screen - off effect? I prefer to not have animations throughout the system and apps as I love the feel and speed of it, but by turning all these off I miss out on the much loved screen off animation.

Is there anyway to achieve this? I encountered the same situation on both TW and CM. I'm currently on TW.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Khizar

Feb 28, 2012
Use Wanam or gravity box or another xposed module to turn CTR effect on?

Sent From My SM-N9005 To All You Wonder Nobodies!!

cd993

May 8, 2009
London
OnePlus 12
Use Wanam or gravity box or another xposed module to turn CTR effect on?

Sent From My SM-N9005 To All You Wonder Nobodies!!

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately it is not that simple as it seems that turning off animations from the developer settings (transition = "0" etc) also then applies to the screen off effect. I'm wondering if it is somehow possible to isolate the disabling of the animations to allow for the screen off to be unaffected...

cd993

May 8, 2009
London
OnePlus 12
Oh you know what. ...I just managed to solve it!

Disabling all animations through developer options indeed stops the screen off animation. Leaving Window and Transition Animations Scale set to 0 means that no animations appear when loading apps for example, however by keeping Animator Duration Scale at 1 it keeps the CRT screen off animation. Job done!

Shame I had to create a thread to solve this so quickly but least if anyone else wants the speedy interface of having no system animations but wants to keep the CRT, they'll know how!