Pre-orders (UK)

Search This thread

hashfoo

Aug 23, 2009
Updates: Clove, Unlocked-mobiles, mobiles.co.uk have all started shipping orders. Handtec are expected to by the end of the week. Expansys have 14 in stock. Vodafone and Carphone Warehouse seem to have stock in stores.

Has anyone pre-ordered this phone yet? The prices for the 8gb model are currently:

play.com: £449.99 - due on 19/06
http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/...apixel-Touch-Screen-Mobile-Phone/Product.html

unlocked-mobiles: £429.89 (£365.86 ex VAT) - due on 14/06
http://www.unlocked-mobiles.com/sim...s-sim-free-unlocked-mobile-phone-p-60773.html

expansys: £479.99 (408.50 ex VAT) - IN STOCK (31 as of now)
http://www.expansys.com/d.aspx?i=198072

clove.co.uk: £452.38 (£385 ex VAT) - due week commencing 14/06
http://www.clove.co.uk/viewProduct....&product=F2D9CCC2-695B-4BF3-BAB6-010D64B31860

handtec: £428.86 (£364.99 exc VAT) - due week commencing 14/06 **lowest price**
handtec also have the 16gb version for £528.74 (£449.99 ex VAT), but see below.
http://www.handtec.co.uk/product.php/2976/samsung-galaxy-s-i9000--8gb--sim-free-unlocked- and http://www.handtec.co.uk/product.php/2977/samsung-galaxy-s-i9000--16gb--sim-free-unlocked-

mobiles.co.uk: various deals with a Vodafone contract (usually ends up costing around £480-£600 over the length of the contract)
http://www.mobiles.co.uk/vodafone-samsung-galaxy-s.html

Thanks to Archius for the handtech and clove suggestions, and jasonfreeman27 for mobiles.co.uk

Archius also pointed out this US site:
auroracell: $500 no shipping date yet
http://www.auroracell.com/samsung-i9000-galaxy-s-8gb.html
It's a good price, but does not take account of shipping, and tax could be expensive. Bear these things in mind if you are going to buy from them.

On contract, Vodafone will have the 16gb model, and all these prices are for the 8gb (except expansys).

***UPDATED DATES AND EMAILS***

OK, dates have been changing like crazy, and I have tried to keep up. The latest info (as of Monday 14th):

-------------------------------------
Unlocked mobiles (email thanks to Ferdimage)
Dear Customer

Just to advise, all Samsung i9000 Galaxy S orders will begin shipping tomorrow. All pre-orders will be
fulfilled and shipped by close of day on Wednesday.

Our stock is the 8GB version. If you require additional memory, we have a high quality 8GB Sandisk
Micro SD available for 22.40 inc Vat (saving 10%).
http://www.unlocked-mobiles.com/mobi...s/sandisk-8gb-
microsdhc-memory-card-p-11025.html

If you would like to add this to your order, please reply to this email.

Thank you all for your pre-order for the Samsung Galaxy S from Unlocked Mobiles.

Should you have any further questions please advise.

Regards

Unlocked Mobiles

Clove (emails thanks to Beards)

Part I:

We were told last week that the shipment would take place on the W/C 21st

Some distributors still believe they will get the shipment this week, but I think this is simply that the sales guys have not been updated.

I have a call in to Samsung to try and establish the exact date and whether any shipment will reach Carphone before the channel - I would be surprised

Lets await their reply later this morning.

Shipment delays on launch are always frustrating, but also very common.

However the more I see of the i9000 the more impressed I am!

Regards

Chris Love
Clove Technology

Part II:

I have just spoken to Samsung and they now do think they will get stock out later this week.

I have asked if all distribution will get stock (we have orders with all of them anyway!) and when the expect it actually to land in the warehouses.

They have confirmed that Carphone DO NOT yet have stock.

Regards

Chris Love
Clove Technology

Handtec (email thanks to MAJED.y)

Dear customer,

Your order has been processed and is with our dispatch department.

We are currently waiting on stock to arrive within this week. The moment we receive stock of the Samsung Galaxy S i9000 (8GB), your order would be dispatched immediately and an email to confirm shipping details would also be sent to you.

Regards

Handtec Customer Services
Handtec.co.uk

Tel: 0845 644 7727
Tel International +44 1733298500
Fax: 0845 230 4953

Handtec (email thanks to hmj2k3) - 16gb Version

Thanks for your email,

With regards to [the 16gb version] we are still awaiting full confirmation of this however upon the release day we would contact you regarding this, you may wish to take an 8GB model with an 8GB card, or alternatively downgrade to a 8gb version?

Please advise,

Kind regards.

30/05: Just spotted this thread over at modaco: http://android.modaco.com/content/samsung-galaxy-s-s-modaco-com/309557/prices/ No new UK info, but it does have some German pricing.
31/05: Added auroracell and edited post to make it easier to read. Removed paragraph about why I am preordering.
09/06: edited all the new dates in
14/06: added all the emails

Last edited:

Ramsey

May 23, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
Thanks for unlocked-mobiles.com I haven't seen that website before. For international (canada) it's very cheap.

There is also clove.co.uk which has it for a good price.

I will be pre-ordering probably.. and most probably this week.

I will maybe use unlocked-mobiles to order, however I heard that Royal Mail is not the best service to use.

In my opinion the Galaxy i9000's ROM is nearly full featured. Root will definitely help but it seems already great, and it's one of the reasons I will be choosing this over other phones. Also the good large screen that is good against the sun's reflection.

Edit: Actually it seems complicated to order internationally with unlocked-mobiles. I'll stick to expansys.ca or clove.

Last edited:

hashfoo

Aug 23, 2009
Thanks for unlocked-mobiles.com I haven't seen that website before. For international (canada) it's very cheap.

Just to let you know that I have never used them before, so don't know how reliable/etc they are. As I say, I emailed them last night and they got back to me before noon today, so at least their customer service is pretty good. :)

Beards

Nov 3, 2008
For me it is easy to recommend Chris Love's Clove Technology.

I've known Chris for the best part of 20yrs and have never come across any other seller who is committed so highly to his customer base.

Clove are a reliable Family run business where they extend their family approach out to their customers.
They may not be the cheapest but you can guarantee if your phone develops a problem you can easily turn to Clove.

hashfoo

Aug 23, 2009
I've pre-ordered mine on [mobiles.co.uk]. Picked a £15 contract on Vodafone with £229 down payment. Unlocked of course. They are quoting stock for June 4th, as I ordered mine about 5 mins after they put up the pre-order I hope to be on the first batch :)

Awesome! I would love to get one as early as that! I have been waiting since it was announced, and I am so impatient...

I am put off Vodafone as their "unlimited" internet is 500mb/month, while t-mobile is 1gb (does anyone know if they will give 3gb if you tell them you are using an android device, even if they don't sell it to you? They have a 3gb allowance for android in their fair usage policy)

Do mobiles.co.uk sell unlocked phones? That would be neat, because I hate branding and the apps that the networks install. Hence why I am favouring unlocked (sim-free) phones now rather than waiting for the contracts to be announced.

TravUK

Aug 20, 2008
UK
Yep, all their mobiles are unbranded and unlocked. Am not too worried about the internet allowance, I tend to do the big stuff within WiFi range. But I think those caps will have to grow as more people start using android phones.

mykenyc

Jun 16, 2009
Phoenix
I'm so jealous right now even though i got a nexus one this phone is amazing i really hope T-mobile USA gets this.

hashfoo

Aug 23, 2009
I'm so jealous right now even though i got a nexus one this phone is amazing i really hope T-mobile USA gets this.

I read somewhere that Samsung are releasing a T959-or similar which is a Galaxy S without the i9000 label. Usually the Samsung Txxx phones are T-mobile USA, apparently. So it's looking good for a T-mobile release over there.

Rumours are that all your 4 (?) major carriers are getting it. I hope something similar happens here: Nothing like good competition to bring prices down...

Beards

Nov 3, 2008
I've pre order from clove as well, lets see when they deliver it.
Strangely enough I contacted Chris Love of Clove only this morning to query the UK release, given what we heard yesterday at the Singapore Live Show where Singapore will be getting the phone first on the 5th June.

Chris came back to me and told me they had JUST received confirmation from Samsung tht a revised date is now as of and I quote from Chris ~ "We have now been given a shipment date of WK23 (W/C 7th June)".

Beards

hassan

Feb 26, 2005
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Strangely enough I contacted Chris Love of Clove only this morning to query the UK release, given what we heard yesterday at the Singapore Live Show where Singapore will be getting the phone first on the 5th June.

Chris came back to me and told me they had JUST received confirmation from Samsung tht a revised date is now as of and I quote from Chris ~ "We have now been given a shipment date of WK23 (W/C 7th June)".

Beards

Oh that's a really good news as I thought we wont be getting till 20th of June.

Can't wait to get my hands on it. Am getting sick of charging Desire almost every night.

Last edited:

Beards

Nov 3, 2008
Oh that's a really good news as I thought we wont be getting till 20th of June.

Can't wait to get my hands on it. Am getting sick of charging Desire almost every night.
Clove are now emailing all people who pre-ordered asking them to confirm they still want to go ahead.

All you need to do is either ring them or click on the email link they will send you. :)

Ramsey

May 23, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
He did email me this morning from clove because I had asked a question and he said it is still an estimated price, because I wanted to pricematch with handtec since it is 20 less. I'll buy from handtec then since both will be sold during June 7 week and it is cheaper and offers fedex shipping 2-4 days (to canada)