[Q] First time rooting Question.

Search This thread

Mistral150

Jan 3, 2011
Montreal
Hi!

I have DHD from Telus.

I'm about to root my DHD without knowing anything about rooting. So ...

1- After rooting with Ace hack kit. (rooted one time but went back to original had no sound at all) I wanted to know if I flash for exemple Cyanogen or any other ROM, I will be able to get ICS on OTA ?

2- After flashing another ROM will I have to configure anything to get it to work with my oparator (Telus) ?

3- I'm looking forward to put Android Revolution HD or Cyanogen ROM, and wanna get the one with less bugs to start with because I'm really scared doing this manipulation.

Thank you for your help. And sorry if it has been answered. :confused:

uros0104

Dec 20, 2010
Belgrade
1. No, you won't, but when it gets released, you can check the forums here and get the rooted version, or install a RUU.
2. It SHOULD be properly set up.
3. If you're asking which one to install, I prefer CM.

Reactions: Mistral150

Teichopsia

Feb 26, 2012
Panama
First thing to do is make a backup. Thay way if you mess something up or you don't like what you install, you can always revert back.

Sent from a dream.

Mistral150

Jan 3, 2011
Montreal
For now the only thing I can back up is my SD card because I'm not rooted yet. If there is a way to do it without rooting i'll be glad to ear.

Thank you for your support.

Mistral150

Jan 3, 2011
Montreal
Another question...

Will I be able to remove apps like TWITTER or all other apps locked by the phone after root, because this is the main reason for me to get my DHD root ?

Thanks again.

glevitan

Nov 8, 2011
Buenos Aires
www.arreviewers.com
Another question...

Will I be able to remove apps like TWITTER or all other apps locked by the phone after root, because this is the main reason for me to get my DHD root ?

Thanks again.

After rooting, get a file manager such as es explorer and enable root explorer and write permissions. Then go to the system >> apps folder and delete. Make a nand backup first just in case.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA

Muikkuman

Oct 19, 2011
Växjö
The best way to back up your entire Rom except the SD card is to flash a custom recovery and do a nandbackup.

sent from my HTC Desire HD using xda premium

Muikkuman

Oct 19, 2011
Växjö
Another question...

Thanks again.

You can download a root uninstaller from market like titanium backup.

volja1971

Dec 15, 2011
Tallinn
The best way to back up your entire Rom except the SD card is to flash a custom recovery and do a nandbackup.

Under what option is nanddroid backup in recovery?

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

You can download a root uninstaller from market like titanium backup.

Also as i understood if i do root to my phone it will change my ROM and even possibly Radio, but i want to be able to go back to what i currently have in case if i will need.
Is there a way to just root without changing anything else perhaps just to get CWM and root?

Muikkuman

Oct 19, 2011
Växjö
Under what option is nanddroid backup in recovery?

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Also as i understood if i do root to my phone it will change my ROM and even possibly Radio, but i want to be able to go back to what i currently have in case if i will need.
Is there a way to just root without changing anything else perhaps just to get CWM and root?

There should be a backup uption in recovery, or you could press "backup existing Rom"
In Rom manager from wich you flash clockwork mod recovery, and it depends on wich root method you use and the exploit, I think advanced ace hack kit does downgrade your radio but will automatically restore the right radio/S-OFF right after you get root access.

Last edited:

volja1971

Dec 15, 2011
Tallinn
There should be a backup uption in recovery, or you could press "backup existing Rom"
In Rom manager from wich you flash clockwork mod recovery, and it depends on wich root method you use and the exploit, I think advanced ace hack kit does downgrade your radio but will automatically restore the right radio/S-OFF right after you get root access.

Thank you bro, can anyone confirm if the original radio is restored if ace hack kit used?

volja1971

Dec 15, 2011
Tallinn
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=16451214

Sorry, I linked the wrong one. There might be one for yours.

Sent from a dream.

Thanks, but this will not work for me as it has a different RUU (Radio).

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

SelfDio
Read this introduction to android rooting, It's really good and it tells everything you need to know about it.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25607608

I am not totally new to this since i have my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and it is rooted and i use ICS from Cynogeyn group and do all kind of crazy stuff with it, but the main difference is that i have an original image of my Factory ROM and recovery so at any point and time if i need i can get to the "virgin" version in couple of minutes.
That is why i am looking how i can back up my current ROM and Radio. Or to get CWM and root without changing the ROM and Radio. After that everything else i can figure out myself.

Muikkuman

Oct 19, 2011
Växjö

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

SelfDio

I am not totally new to this since i have my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and it is rooted and i use ICS from Cynogeyn group and do all kind of crazy stuff with it, but the main difference is that i have an original image of my Factory ROM and recovery so at any point and time if i need i can get to the "virgin" version in couple of minutes.
That is why i am looking how i can back up my current ROM and Radio. Or to get CWM and root without changing the ROM and Radio. After that everything else i can figure out myself.

Well I didn't thought you were New to this, I just thought the guide was nice and it went trough how to back up.

glevitan

Nov 8, 2011
Buenos Aires
www.arreviewers.com

SelfDio

Well, if you are not new to this, you will know that flashing a rom will not change the radio...ever. Roms only come with RILS. The Hack Kit, downgrades to a GB version just in the cases where DHD have Android 2.3.5 and Sense 3.0. Anyway, there are many radios threads in here where you can find your current one. Also, try searching to find your current rom...not all RUU's are available, but yours might be....a little more of information will help as well. What carrier are u holding?

volja1971

Dec 15, 2011
Tallinn
Well I didn't thought you were New to this, I just thought the guide was nice and it went trough how to back up.

Well, if you are not new to this, you will know that flashing a rom will not change the radio...ever. Roms only come with RILS. The Hack Kit, downgrades to a GB version just in the cases where DHD have Android 2.3.5 and Sense 3.0. Anyway, there are many radios threads in here where you can find your current one. Also, try searching to find your current rom...not all RUU's are available, but yours might be....a little more of information will help as well. What carrier are u holding?

Thank you guys for your help! I really appreciate this. I have read the guide as you suggested.
My carrier is Elisa Estonia, do not think it maybe anywhere here as my country is really small if i tell you the population you gonna laugh! :)
I did found though the radio that very close to what i have but not quite maybe you know the difference: my is 12.65.60.29U_26.14.04.28_M and what i found is 12.65.60.29_26.14.04.28_M.
Also i was looking for CWM for DHD and found only touch version of it not sure if i really want to flash that one. I do not like too fancy stuff it seems have more issues. Do you know where can i get the regular CWM for Desire HD?
And yes, i am aware that if i flash ROM radio stay the same, but as soon as i understood during routing my Radio will be downgrade, but i really want to have this back!

DeTaimMascin

May 9, 2012
Thank you guys for your help! I really appreciate this. I have read the guide as you suggested.
My carrier is Elisa Estonia, do not think it maybe anywhere here as my country is really small if i tell you the population you gonna laugh! :)
I did found though the radio that very close to what i have but not quite maybe you know the difference: my is 12.65.60.29U_26.14.04.28_M and what i found is 12.65.60.29_26.14.04.28_M.
Also i was looking for CWM for DHD and found only touch version of it not sure if i really want to flash that one. I do not like too fancy stuff it seems have more issues. Do you know where can i get the regular CWM for Desire HD?
And yes, i am aware that if i flash ROM radio stay the same, but as soon as i understood during routing my Radio will be downgrade, but i really want to have this back!

With AAHK the radio the radio should be correctly updated after the downgrade.
BUT i am not sure for this, better wait someone other reply, sorry.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. No, you won't, but when it gets released, you can check the forums here and get the rooted version, or install a RUU.
    2. It SHOULD be properly set up.
    3. If you're asking which one to install, I prefer CM.