Error 927, And All Potential Solutions Have Failed...

Search This thread

abarax

Jan 5, 2012
Here it is in a nutshell: Error 927 on ANY download, any app, any game, be it paid or free, on my Nexus 7 (2013) FHD. I've done the following:

- Cleared the data and cache for the Google Play Store, Download Manager, and Google Services Framework.

- Uninstalled updates for the Google Play Store and Google Services Framework.

- Deleted and re-added my Google account.

- Rebooted.

- Hard reset.

- Downgraded to 4.3 and re-upgraded to 4.4.2.

- Tried to download the apps and games from the Google Play website, and get "An unexpected error has occured. Please try again later."

- Changed the filter and proxy settings on my Cisco router.

- Switched to LTE, and... same thing.

- Created another Google account, and it worked, but I will NOT be forced to re-purchase the apps I've spent nearly $80.00 on over the years, or upload my music collection to Google Music again.

- Reached out to Google for help, and... crickets.

I'm at the end of my rope. If this isn't resolved soon, I'm returning the Nexus to Wal-Mart. I've NEVER had this sort of issue before, even with my first-generation Nexus 7. I've had Android tablets since my Motorola Xoom awhile back. I've ALWAYS had Android tablets. I'd hate to have to abandon Android because of this idiocy, but I may have to do so. I don't want to have to go with Apple for both my smartphone and tablet, but it's starting to look that way.

If anyone has any suggestions that aren't listed above, please, help me out. I love my Nexus 7, but without apps and games, it's pretty worthless.

Thanks in advance.

Pandae

Dec 14, 2013
Normally deleting and adding back the Google account is a solution for Play Store problems, but as you said, you tried that. Some have reported that error 927 is because of a network connection error. How is web browsing? YouTube?

- Downgraded to 4.3 and re-upgraded to 4.4.2.

How did you do that? Did you download the 4.3 ROM to flash it? Did you unlock and flash a custom recovery?

When all else fails, flash the stock ROM, especially with your downgrading and upgrading. Google's files include a "flash-all.bat" within that will wipe everything and flash the stock ROM and recovery.

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images#razor

abarax

Jan 5, 2012
Normally deleting and adding back the Google account is a solution for Play Store problems, but as you said, you tried that. Some have reported that error 927 is because of a network connection error. How is web browsing? YouTube?

All web browsing and pre-installed apps work just fine. Just any attempts to update those apps, or install any other apps from Google Play, fail with error 927.

How did you do that? Did you download the 4.3 ROM to flash it? Did you unlock and flash a custom recovery?

When all else fails, flash the stock ROM, especially with your downgrading and upgrading. Google's files include a "flash-all.bat" within that will wipe everything and flash the stock ROM and recovery.

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images#razor

I actually have flashed the stock ROMs, from the original 4.3 to 4.4.2, with the exact same results. I've also made certain not to unlock the bootloader and to not root as to recreate the OOB experience as well. At this point, my options are exhausted.

Dexxon

Mar 22, 2013
Dörentrup
I actually have flashed the stock ROMs, from the original 4.3 to 4.4.2, with the exact same results. I've also made certain not to unlock the bootloader and to not root as to recreate the OOB experience as well. At this point, my options are exhausted.

Are you able to install apps on another device with the same account? If not it may be a problem with your account...

Reactions: zombieguy85

parmend

Apr 11, 2010
Fort Worth
I was having the same problem for the last two days and I went to settings/Google account and noticed there was a sync error with sound search for Google play and I manually synced it and now apps download .

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

dawiseguy77

Dec 11, 2010
I've been having the exact same issue for 4 days. Regardless of rom, phone, or gmail account I use. I've done every wipe format imaginable even Odin as I have a Samsung phone same issue. Now I cant even get any Google apps to connect at all. Such as Google plus play store YouTube etc...Google says never heard of it before sorry.

I've been having the exact same issue for 4 days. Regardless of rom, phone, or gmail account I use. I've done every wipe format imaginable even Odin as I have a Samsung phone same issue. Now I cant even get any Google apps to connect at all. Such as Google plus play store YouTube etc...Google says never heard of it before sorry.

I'm having the exact same problem now for a few days. I called Google support and they are aware of the problem and had no resolution. I was told too bad basically.

Out of curiosity, for those having this issue, did you upgrade to a 4.4.2 ROM?

dawiseguy77

Dec 11, 2010
I updated to stock rooted 4.3 galaxy note 2 Verizon and it happens on all of my gmail accounts too

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

planedoc

Jan 21, 2009
Texas
I have the same problem. Ran across this thread doing a search for the error 927. Running a Verizon HTC One and an LG G Pad 8.3. Both have the same problems, and i too have called Google several times. Their answer was to call HTC. I was livid. I changed my password, but was only a temporary fix until I made a purchase from the Play store. Then the error came back. I realize i am in the Nexus 7 forums but wanted to chime in since the problem is happening to me too. Hopefully Google comes up with a fix. Too much money tied up to just create new account, which does work by the way.

dawiseguy77

Dec 11, 2010
Creating a new account shouldn't even be an option what it the issue happens on the new account? Google just needs to fix it.

planedoc

Jan 21, 2009
Texas
Creating a new account shouldn't even be an option what it the issue happens on the new account? Google just needs to fix it.

I agree...I would be ok if they just said we're working on a fix, but just to ignore me and say call the manufacturer pizzed me off.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited:

samklee

Oct 8, 2009
Same boat. I did everything the original poster did as well. Called into play store support and eventually got passed off to tier 2 support. Haven't heard anything in over a week. :(

The issue affects every device I log into with my account. Originally showed rpc:s-7 error, now 927.

Anyone with this problem find a solution? Again, I've done everything the op posted. In the past I've been able to correct the problem. But this time, no go.

quantic.chaos

Oct 5, 2012
Mexico City
Have the same problem... In every device I'm using with my account... 3 tablets, 2 cell phones. Spent more than 400 dollars in apps.. Can't download, nor even update. Always error 927. Changed password and problem persists.. It's obviously a problem with my account.. Wonder what could I do.

quantic.chaos

Oct 5, 2012
Mexico City
Hello, just an update...
My problem has gone... Seems it was from google side.
Too bad I had to flash my cel 3 times before I realized it was happening to all my devices.
Don't know if the password change had anything to do with the fix since, at least, it didn't work immediately.
If you encounter the same problem don't panic... give it a little time, hopefully it fixes on its own.

Thank you very much.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Are you able to install apps on another device with the same account? If not it may be a problem with your account...
    I went into my account removed my devices from it on the web and signed in on my phone now it works

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk