Observations: Photon Q Vehicle Dock

Search This thread
Jul 9, 2012
Looks like it blocks the slider from opening from the photograph. Is that correct?

I guess I was spoiled by my OG Droid's car dock. Used to be able to slide up the screen and type without looking on that phone!

Jul 9, 2012
So, I got one of these on clearance, and it turns out that clip *does* block the slider from opening. The good news is, the phone sits well enough in the dock that it'll stay put without the clip if you need to use the real keyboard.

klimb

Feb 25, 2014
If anybody is searching for the original motorola photon q 4g car vehicle dock, take look at ebay 271507482171.
I bought 2 of them and the fits as they should - perfectly.
I was searching many times for an acceptable good price and at the end i found it.

Reactions: Logos Ascetic

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had a hard time finding any info about the car dock before I purchased one. So, here are a few things that may be of use to someone:
    • The included power adapter is rated at 750ma
      The dock has 2x USB outputs, but at 750ma it's only just enough power to maintain GPS, Bluetooth, Backlight and a data connection (with semi-weak signal). Charging 2 phones at once isn't recommended.
    • The dock has an identifier so the phone knows that it's a vehicle dock (as opposed to my old Photon 4G)
      When you first drop the phone into the dock, it asks you what kind of dock you are using. The Home dock does the same thing. It remembers each dock via a dock ID of some sort.
    • The dock fits the phone extremely well, best one I've had so far.
      Better than the Droid 2 and Photon 4G. The Photon Q drops in with little effort and holds in place VERY well.
    Can anyone tell me if this dock's ability to launch the "car mode" is available in custom ROMs like CyanogenMod? I.e. is there custom software needed to enable this functionality, or is it part of stock Android?

The ability is there, the car mode is detected and signalled properly in CM10.1, but there is no car home/launcher app installed as part of pure AOSP/CM jellybean system installation - you have to install some car home app from play market so it's launched automatically when the phone enters the car dock.
    If anybody is searching for the original motorola photon q 4g car vehicle dock, take look at ebay 271507482171.
    I bought 2 of them and the fits as they should - perfectly.
    I was searching many times for an acceptable good price and at the end i found it.