[Q] galaxy tab 2 system recovery

Search This thread

enkidoe

Dec 21, 2010
guys,

my tab2 starts up with a system recovery screen.
i started reading on the forum, and according to many threds, i ned to wipe data/factory reset and then flash a ro. so i copied a rom(omni 4.4.2) to my micro sd, wiped data/factory reset but then it stops. There is no flash option in the system recovery screen.

anyone who can help?

thanks ina dvance.

BoneWithABeagle

Sep 28, 2013
Sounds like you are dealing with the Stock recovery.

To flash a custom ROM you FIRST need to flash a custom recovery to flash the ROM.

- For CM11 flash Philz Touch or CWM Swipe Edition through ODIN3.
- For OMNI flash TWRP through ODIN3.

This means: Get the .tar.md5 from Android Andi's file repository, install ODIN3 + USB drivers on your computer, put the Tablet into Download Mode, start ODIN3, select the recovery file as a "PDA" file, connect the tablet, flash it, disconnect after flashing, get into the custom recovery (Power + Vol UP), flash the ROM + gapps.

Or ... maybe read the OP post of the custom ROM you want to flash with a bit more care and attention - it's usually pointed out that you need a custom recovery in order to flash the ROM (stock recovery won't cut it).

Reactions: enkidoe

enkidoe

Dec 21, 2010

To flash a custom ROM you FIRST need to flash a custom recovery to flash the ROM.

This means: Get the .tar.md5 from Android Andi's file repository, install ODIN3 + USB drivers on your computer, put the Tablet into Download Mode, start ODIN3, select the recovery file as a "PDA" file, connect the tablet, flash it, disconnect after flashing, get into the custom recovery (Power + Vol UP), flash the ROM + gapps.

Or ... maybe read the OP post of the custom ROM you want to flash with a bit more care and attention - it's usually pointed out that you need a custom recovery in order to flash the ROM (stock recovery won't cut it).

thanks for the reply.
SOmehow i got the tab back into flashing to a samsung rom. Am happy it is working again, although it is with a samsung rom(those things are slow :) )

Will start the procedure youre suggesting.

Regards.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.