[Q] How to update phone after rooting

Search This thread

Elriond

Oct 10, 2010
Hi everibody,

tried searching for the result but couldn't find any answer... Also, I'm guessin it would wipe off all my data, rite?

- Software Version: 1.28.707.2
- Android Version: 2.3.3
- Baseband Version: 10.43.9007.00U_10.11.9007.19_M

Note: I tried to do the update once but my phone showed an "error" screen (yellow exclamation mark inside a triangle) and hung.

Any help is appreciated.

streetewok

Aug 6, 2011
As far as i am led to believe you cannot update if you are rooted,(more advance users feel free to correct me!). I think you have to restore using the ruu.exe back to stock 2.3.3 unrooted to do the update!

mattdub1

Mar 5, 2011
yes this is correct, I do believe there is a way to accept the update while rooted and get it to work but once its applied it will break root anyway... if you want to stay rooted then might as well flash one of the stock rooted 2.3.4 roms available in the dev forum... the ones for the US aren't out yet. hope this helps

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
When I had my g2x I was running eaglesblood and when the T-Mobile update finally got released it gave me the notification to update but I didn't. It may work both ways

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA Premium App

x Taz x

Aug 16, 2011
Mobile
The only way I have received ay updates is if I was running the stock ROM. If you are running a custom ROM you will have to wait until the Dev makes the update. I have accepted some updates holding my breath to not lose root and I have been lucky so far.

Poduy

Feb 22, 2011
Bydgoszcz
I've tried and done successfully without RUU, just with OTA package, Buck767 pointed to my post with guide how to do it

smoochiezz24

Apr 7, 2010
Most of the devs edit out the update option in the build.prop as it is not necessary if you are hoping to stay rooted and s-off. You may simply edit it back in but I certainly wouldn't take that chance of accepting an update accidentally.

Elriond

Oct 10, 2010
thanks for all the replies guys... was bz the past few days... will be trying poduy's method soon... btw, i'm running on stock...

update: just tried poduy's method... but my fone can't seem to update... all versions still remain... tried it twice... after updating, it says update successful... anybody has any clue?

Last edited: