Would You Consider an IPhone....

Search This thread

bloodsuckingcomputer

Dec 11, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
To start with,I'm not even sure if it is right to have this kind of post....
but for my curiosity,I would love to know your opinion on this one.

I bet most of us have been with android system for quite a while and have used and Iphone or least try em'....
And after all the happiness and sadness you gone through an android,

Would You Consider Switching Back/Change To an IPhone?

And I for one,will never look back...:D

madman604

Jul 14, 2007
I have both. Each has their own strengths and weaknesses. I only preffer Android now since apps i used on IOS, have ported to Android.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA App

bloodsuckingcomputer

Dec 11, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Funny as I was checking on replies for this thread,I am also right in the middle of an article from yahoo news saying that Blackberry is dying a slow painful death(kind of,they just didn't shout it out loud to Bb's)

a.monteiro

Nov 7, 2010
I've never used an iPhone long enough to actually make a comparison, i do love the smoothness of iOS but the idea of getting stuck with iTunes turns me off. I've read that ICS will have hardware acceleration, so the smoothness may be solved as soon as ICS is ported to x10 through CM9, MIUI etc.

the other thing that used to attract me was the enourmous game library, but lately nearly every game i hear about on iOS gets an Android port so, i'm ok with that.

adilator

Nov 1, 2010
Casablanca
I'd never use an iPhone, NEVER.

you have to go through a whole lot of trouble to stay up to date with an iphone, jailbrake, make sure you don't update to an unjailbreakable version, buy the new phone when it comes out 6 months later...

Bleh, my 3 years old X10 is still working perfectly fine with all the latest apps, I can't say the same about an iphone 3G.

Reactions: Skumtomten

scoobysnacks

Jul 10, 2011
I'd never use an iPhone, NEVER.

you have to go through a whole lot of trouble to stay up to date with an iphone, jailbrake, make sure you don't update to an unjailbreakable version, buy the new phone when it comes out 6 months later...

Bleh, my 3 years old X10 is still working perfectly fine with all the latest apps, I can't say the same about an iphone 3G.

Lol although I agree about not wanting an iPhone, this is pretty fallacious as well.

X10 does not at all work "fine with all the latest apps".

stuff that isn't compatible simply doesn't show in the market, believe me there would be about an equal amount of apps you couldn't run on the x10 and iPhone 3g..

shahkam

Jan 22, 2011
Canada
I dont hate the apple products but lets say i just prefer the android os.

because IOS is very boring not much customisable

i mean when i flick through my homescreen on x10 i dont get bored ! On iphone there is no widget so really boring homescreens.

let alone the fact no app drawer you can barely see the wallpaper you have set lol...

Sent from my X10i using xda premium

Reactions: mw450

Deviantelf

Oct 30, 2011
Lol although I agree about not wanting an iPhone, this is pretty fallacious as well.

X10 does not at all work "fine with all the latest apps".

stuff that isn't compatible simply doesn't show in the market, believe me there would be about an equal amount of apps you couldn't run on the x10 and iPhone 3g..

Maybe not on the Market app on the phone but on the Market website, even from the phone, they do show. And up on the left hand side it says it's not compatible with your [insert phone model here].

Edit: On topic, only if it were free (to play around with, not for daily use) or if someone paid me. I only put iTunes on a PC once (a spare pc at that) and only cause someone paid me to put their cds onto their iPod.

Last edited:

THeLogiC

Sep 19, 2011
No one can deny the smoothness of iOS(i haven't used android 4 still).
At first I loved iOS before i even knew about android. But after using an Android phone I don't think I would go back(unless they do something extraordinary changes in OS :p).

Android on apple hardware is my dream lol
no offence to anyone :)

z28tovette

Dec 4, 2011
San Diego,Ca
Nothing wrong with an iphone , excellent phones... this is my first smart phone oddly enough, never was into phones...until I got my hands on this one...wow what an experience. Never judge a book by its cover.

Reactions: mw450

sahibunlimited

Jul 13, 2011
Nagpur
No one can deny the smoothness of iOS(i haven't used android 4 still).
At first I loved iOS before i even knew about android. But after using an Android phone I don't think I would go back(unless they do something extraordinary changes in OS :p).

Android on apple hardware is my dream lol
no offence to anyone :)

Yes their is android for iPhone
If u are jailbroken and its easy

But stuff won't work

Last edited:

bloodsuckingcomputer

Dec 11, 2011
Kuala Lumpur

i mean when i flick through my homescreen on x10 i dont get bored ! On iphone there is no widget so really boring homescreens.

let alone the fact no app drawer you can barely see the wallpaper you have set lol...

To think about this again,back then,I never dislike neither its products,nor the user themselves(now I can say I hate both)...I used to even think that they are a great innovator when they first released an IPhone(even though overpriced).

First,it all started whenever I talk to Apple user,it borings me because everytime we talk about technology,there is none besides what Apple brings to the table(sigh).It would even bothers me when we even discuss about media download,when I say a decent 320kbps mp3 music file is enough for me,they will deny it by saying nothing is acceptable if its not lossless.When I say that a normal BRrip avi file is already more than watchable enough,they will say nothing is like mkv.

And it really sickens me when I say 4 inch screen is nice when I watch youtube on it,they will say,TOO BIG,
when I say a new phone just came out with dual core processor,they will say it is UNNECESSARY,
when I say it is good that now we have a lot of choices for smartphone,they will say FRAGMENTATION.....
And the list goes on.

And to the point I see almost all Apple Users are all F**k Up.I start to notice whoever own one of the IDevices,there is a need for them to flash it public and brag about how cool it is when possible....

And as for Apple Inc.,when they sue Samsung for rounded edges,I think they just wanna protect their rights,but lately it doesn't seem so,it is more like they are all against all the android big boys(Samsung,Htc,Motorola).And they have already stop innovating something that is cool enough to the eyes of the most people and try clinging to the only products that is sell-able for as long as they can.And to do that,they need to take everyone else out by keep suing them.

Latest court case they won against HTC is based on auto-parsing,which whenever you get a phone number via short message,the phone will recognize it,you can dial it from the dial pad straight away....and such thing.I think my 8 years Sony Ericsson P990i can already do that(if not older),such claim is bad for all of us consumer,at least from my point of view.

And recently,Apple file up a case against Samsung again for infringement on about 10 FREAKING PHONE CASING...can you believe that?

I think Apple R&D is already dying...no new products to keep up,and yet they need to make money as much as they can.

And for today,I think Apple should just go to hell...the way I see it I'm not going to buy anything from them and not in the near future....

kylec

Aug 5, 2010
Brisbane
I wouldn't switch either. I just love playing around with android too much.

That being said, I do use my girlfriends iPhone for games when we are bored. That and for photography because android photo apps just seem sub par sadly.

Sent from my X10i using XDA App

thunderpossuem

Nov 4, 2009
Brisbane
I've got a 3Gs for as my work phone. I barely touch it. It's running IOS 5.0.1 and it's rendered it mostly unusable. battery life is poultry, phone is laggy & unresponsive as heck, and if i visit a website that requires login or user input to continue, I get stuck in a login screen loop. Add iTunes to this and it's really just a nightmare. We've started setting the partners up with 4S's, and while they are admittedly quite speedy/smooth, itunes still ruins the experience. As well as the boring interface.

I'm not a big fan of the hardware design either. There are much nicer looking phones about.

scoobysnacks

Jul 10, 2011
To think about this again,back then,I never dislike neither its products,nor the user themselves(now I can say I hate both)...I used to even think that they are a great innovator when they first released an IPhone(even though overpriced).

First,it all started whenever I talk to Apple user,it borings me because everytime we talk about technology,there is none besides what Apple brings to the table(sigh).It would even bothers me when we even discuss about media download,when I say a decent 320kbps mp3 music file is enough for me,they will deny it by saying nothing is acceptable if its not lossless.When I say that a normal BRrip avi file is already more than watchable enough,they will say nothing is like mkv.

And it really sickens me when I say 4 inch screen is nice when I watch youtube on it,they will say,TOO BIG,
when I say a new phone just came out with dual core processor,they will say it is UNNECESSARY,
when I say it is good that now we have a lot of choices for smartphone,they will say FRAGMENTATION.....
And the list goes on.

And to the point I see almost all Apple Users are all F**k Up.I start to notice whoever own one of the IDevices,there is a need for them to flash it public and brag about how cool it is when possible....

And as for Apple Inc.,when they sue Samsung for rounded edges,I think they just wanna protect their rights,but lately it doesn't seem so,it is more like they are all against all the android big boys(Samsung,Htc,Motorola).And they have already stop innovating something that is cool enough to the eyes of the most people and try clinging to the only products that is sell-able for as long as they can.And to do that,they need to take everyone else out by keep suing them.

Latest court case they won against HTC is based on auto-parsing,which whenever you get a phone number via short message,the phone will recognize it,you can dial it from the dial pad straight away....and such thing.I think my 8 years Sony Ericsson P990i can already do that(if not older),such claim is bad for all of us consumer,at least from my point of view.

And recently,Apple file up a case against Samsung again for infringement on about 10 FREAKING PHONE CASING...can you believe that?

I think Apple R&D is already dying...no new products to keep up,and yet they need to make money as much as they can.

And for today,I think Apple should just go to hell...the way I see it I'm not going to buy anything from them and not in the near future....

Haha agreed...

What's funny is how they're suing everyone in sight, yet stealing ideas more than anyone else. (drop down notification blind anyone?)

Not to mention Samsung produces the entire iPhone pretty well, yet apple has the gull to sue them?

They're a slimy company..

Look at their mark up on components as a prime example, especially for macbooks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    an idiotphone? No, never, you just sent a shiver down my back thinking about it
    I've been a mac user since the late 1980s so of course I considered the iPhone, but my wife got one at her job and as soon as I noticed that, just like the iPod, EVERYTHING has to go through iTunes, I said no way. My iPod is from 2002 so I totally understand that it has to go through iTunes, but my wife's "new" iPod from 2010 still has to use iTunes for everything, and it's a real pain, plus you're stuck with the video format Apple wants.

Android was and is still the perfect solution for me. Still have a mac at home, but the netbook is Ubuntu and the phone is Android. Let's not talk about my job's Win XP/Blackberry combo...!
    Well,that's what I'm saying,for those like you out there,it is an obvious choice,ain't it?(we want the same thing too,but on our own best possible way!!)
    Perhaps,just perhaps,a not-so-smart-of-a-phone will be more than capable enough to give you what you needs(with longer battery life)...

just my 2 cents..

Are you disabled or something? :)

Perhaps, just perhaps, you need to re-read my previous post to (fully understand) see why I decided to move. You just happened to selectively *bold* whichever part of my post appealed to you the most.

And, um, those like me out there? By that do you mean those who've stayed with Android for a year and a half, tinkered with it more than you can possibly dream of, got tired, moved on?

And the list goes on.