I really need help (IMEI)

Search This thread

victorbeta123

Jan 30, 2012
Hi guys, first thing i need to tell you its about my english, i speak really bad. But please, try to understand me hehehe

I was updating my rom for Galaxy S I9000B, and I forgot to backup my efs folder.. So, I lost my imei.. I was trying to rename nv_data.bak and nv_data.bak.md5 to nv_data.bin and nv_data.bin.md5, but i was looking the date and its the same date (the date same date that i updated my Galaxy), so nothing happens.. my nv_data.bak and nv_data.bak.md5 are corrupted too :/

Im from Brazil, and sorry for my really bad english.. But please, someone can help me?

androidboss7

Aug 20, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Hi guys, first thing i need to tell you its about my english, i speak really bad. But please, try to understand me hehehe

I was updating my rom for Galaxy S I9000B, and I forgot to backup my efs folder.. So, I lost my imei.. I was trying to rename nv_data.bak and nv_data.bak.md5 to nv_data.bin and nv_data.bin.md5, but i was looking the date and its the same date (the date same date that i updated my Galaxy), so nothing happens.. my nv_data.bak and nv_data.bak.md5 are corrupted too :/

Im from Brazil, and sorry for my really bad english.. But please, someone can help me?

i am quite new to this as well but are you talking about when you were flashing a new rom?

gsw5700

Jan 31, 2011
do a search on imei, but i think some people have had their imei restored after flashing stock rom. dont forget to backup efs afterwards, you may have a backup already as some apps back it up (search for efs)

Sent using TCP/IP

scubadude

Feb 6, 2012
Cape Town
urchindesign.co.za
If you don't have back up the solution is to flash a stock rom through odin. This should restore everything. I think you can also flash darky resurrection rom but not 100% on that.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

Lexrsk

Feb 28, 2012

How to back up the IMEI http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=859914

Flashing back to Stock ROM or Darky's 10.2 should restore your IMEI

o seu Inglês não é tão ruim ;)

IWillExplain

Apr 2, 2012
and have you made a backup of the /efs/ partition after you have lost the imei, there might have been the correct file backed up - now it is a mess probably

so here is the simple guide how to revert the imei [GUIDE] Recover your IMEI in 9 steps.
i think you were missing chown 1001:radio /efs/nv_data.bin

and here gereat tool to backup /efs/ partition
[TOOL] Updated! 13/04/12 - EFS Pro v1.4.7 - Advanced '/efs' Backup and Restore!

pick backup to tar and location pc - worked for me, sometimes app likes to crah but it works. jut check the tar file if all files are there after proces

good luck

victorbeta123

Jan 30, 2012
really thats kinda weird because i flashed 2 roms without having any problems about losing my imei number.
Or maybe i did but i didn't know! :p

yea, its very weird.. I've tried to flash a stock rom and my imei continuos 004999010640000..

i really dont know what i have to do, cause ive already flashed a stock rom and nothing happens.. :/

victorbeta123

Jan 30, 2012
do a search on imei, but i think some people have had their imei restored after flashing stock rom. dont forget to backup efs afterwards, you may have a backup already as some apps back it up (search for efs)

Sent using TCP/IP

ive already flashed a stock rom, and nothing happens :/ ive tried too to flash with darkys and nothing.. Ive tried this guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=859914 and nothing :/ the problem is that the files nv_data.bak and nv_data.bak.md5 are already corrupted files..

IWillExplain

Apr 2, 2012
be sure to chown when you are # (superuser) after renaming backup nv_data.bin
you might try it when phone in airplane mode.

your imei is most probably in the backup file

just those dumbasses from xda or darky do not know jack about phones and android how is that ll working. flashing rom will not fix your imei

victorbeta123

Jan 30, 2012
How to back up the IMEI http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=859914

Flashing back to Stock ROM or Darky's 10.2 should restore your IMEI

o seu Inglês não é tão ruim ;)

I've already tried to flash darkys or stocks roms, but nothing happens about the IMEI. I think the problem is that the files nv_data.bak and nv_data.bak.md5 are already corrupted files too so i cant restore my Imei and all the times that i try to flash a stock rom i think the files that my SGS restores are the corrupted files: nv_data.bak / nv_data.bak.md5 / nv_data.bin / nv_data.bin.md5

i really dont know what i have to do but i think that the question is not about to recover my imei. i think the question is about restore my imei, but i really dont know what i have to do, i've tried all..

victorbeta123

Jan 30, 2012
and have you made a backup of the /efs/ partition after you have lost the imei, there might have been the correct file backed up - now it is a mess probably

so here is the simple guide how to revert the imei [GUIDE] Recover your IMEI in 9 steps.
i think you were missing chown 1001:radio /efs/nv_data.bin

and here gereat tool to backup /efs/ partition
[TOOL] Updated! 13/04/12 - EFS Pro v1.4.7 - Advanced '/efs' Backup and Restore!

pick backup to tar and location pc - worked for me, sometimes app likes to crah but it works. jut check the tar file if all files are there after proces

good luck

already tried this tutorial and nothing.. other suggestion?

victorbeta123

Jan 30, 2012

just those dumbasses from xda or darky do not know jack about phones and android how is that ll working. flashing rom will not fix your imei

ok, let me just try this and i post what happens after.. :D

victorbeta123

Jan 30, 2012

i did this but my imei continuous the same, fake one.. :/

Lexrsk

Feb 28, 2012

Flashing a stock ROM will restore a IMEI if the IMEI has not already been corrupted.
I can say this with 100% confidence as I have been in a similar situation. However I did not play with the nv_data.bin file before flashing a stock ROM.

To the OP.

Do a search of the I9000 (SGS) threads for a post about restoring IMEI to nv_data.bin I am sure that a XDA user has posted that they can restore the IMEI number. This may be the only option before returning the handset to Manafacturer for service

kdogguk

Mar 13, 2011
Folkestone
I had this problem. Did you install the "sgs unlock"? This is what caused mine to show a bad imei number. I had to take it back to manufacturer and play dumb!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA