LG G2 802 Soft Bricked

Search This thread

Popps

Nov 16, 2012
Hello.

I have an LG G2 802 that i managed to royally screw up last night, I was about to install the new firmware update for my phone, completely forgetting that i had a custom rom installed on it. After the firmware update was finished downloading, the phone rebooted into TWRP and would not boot normally after that, could not boot into the previous custom rom i had installed... I decided to wipe all the data, and try to use an old backup i had laying on the internal storage, got to it, wiped all data and started recovering the old backup. But the revovery wasn't working properly and it gave me an error, after fiddling around with TWRP a little more, i went into wipe -> advanced wipe -> and wiped everything, because i had an idea that i could just force a new rom over by ADB from my PC, and this all resulted in that I have no operating system, the phone boots into TWRP all the time, I've tried to hard reset it, but it just boots into TWRP whatever i do

Please help

Popps

Nov 16, 2012
I've done a quick search about flashing a new kdz, and they involve getting into download mode, I can't access download mode, it just sends me to TWRP no matter what i do :confused:

MK45A

Hello.

I have an LG G2 802 that i managed to royally screw up last night, I was about to install the new firmware update for my phone, completely forgetting that i had a custom rom installed on it. After the firmware update was finished downloading, the phone rebooted into TWRP and would not boot normally after that, could not boot into the previous custom rom i had installed... I decided to wipe all the data, and try to use an old backup i had laying on the internal storage, got to it, wiped all data and started recovering the old backup. But the revovery wasn't working properly and it gave me an error, after fiddling around with TWRP a little more, i went into wipe -> advanced wipe -> and wiped everything, because i had an idea that i could just force a new rom over by ADB from my PC, and this all resulted in that I have no operating system, the phone boots into TWRP all the time, I've tried to hard reset it, but it just boots into TWRP whatever i do

Please help

Are you able to boot into download mode?

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

Ok Hold the power button until the phone flashes twice and then let go off the power button. When it's off, hold volume up and then connect it to USB simultaneously.

Popps

Nov 16, 2012
I just tried doing that, held the power off button until the LG logo flashed twice, the phone turned off, and then i held volume up button, LG logo appeared and then it just went straight into TWRP

eldode

Jan 24, 2012
I just tried doing that, held the power off button until the LG logo flashed twice, the phone turned off, and then i held volume up button, LG logo appeared and then it just went straight into TWRP

For those who have similar issues, I did the below steps:
1. While connected to computer in CWM recovery, install the drivers via PdaNet (these replace any original LG drivers)
http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1983470

2. Connect to phone via ADB while still connected in CWM recovery (see below ADB download if you didn't already have it or forgot where it was)
http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2317790

3. While connected via ADB you can use the same method as in the below thread (use the first one).
http://xdaforums.com/show...1696&nocache=1

Popps

Nov 16, 2012
Ok, this time hold volume up and power button constantly while connected to USB. Report back.

Tried it, it turns off, then the notification light at the top of the phone (beside the front camera) blinks 8 times if i constantly hold the volume up and power button, as soon as i release power button and volume up, the phone boots with the LG logo and then goes into TWRP.

robin786

Jan 7, 2011
KL
Tried it, it turns off, then the notification light at the top of the phone (beside the front camera) blinks 8 times if i constantly hold the volume up and power button, as soon as i release power button and volume up, the phone boots with the LG logo and then goes into TWRP.

What he meant was, hold the Volume Up button & connect the phone to your PC. Don't have to hold power button at all. Try this mate.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Popps

Nov 16, 2012
What he meant was, hold the Volume Up button & connect the phone to your PC. Don't have to hold power button at all. Try this mate.

Well, i tried this right now, the phone boots, LG logo shows, then it just goes straight into TWRP and nothing happens, i held the volume up, plugged the USB cable in (i could hear the sound in windows when you plug a device into your PC)

MK45A

When the notification LED starts to blink, let go of both buttons for a split second and hold them back again. Make sure USB is connected. Since you have TWRP working, Download should also be available.

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

The problem is that you have to have the phone off to even attempt to get in to download mode.

Popps

Nov 16, 2012
When the notification LED starts to blink, let go of both buttons for a split second and hold them back again. Make sure USB is connected. Since you have TWRP working, Download should also be available.

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

The problem is that you have to have the phone off to even attempt to get in to download mode.

If i try to power off the phone WITH the usb cable connected to it, it just reboots automatically, so i cannot power off the phone without it rebooting all by itself, and then going into TWRP.

I tried to hold volume up and power while my phone was in TWRP and it rebooted, LG logo came up and then the red notification light started blinking, then i tried to do what you told me to, quickly release volume up and power button, while the LED was blinking, but nothing happened, other than the phone just rebooting, and then the LED started blinking red again, this just looped over and over again...

Sangoku91

Nov 19, 2013
Hello.

Please help

I had the same problem, stuck on logo lg , when i tried to go to download mode, i got stuck in the first step of it (i can't see the step with firmware update etc...) and when i tried to make a factory hard reset, it goes on the recovery mod.
After seeing many forums since 3-4 days, i tried to flash the kitkat kernel, so i used the adb sideload ---> so connected on recovery mod, then make install from sideload, then on your command (on windows) type adb sideload thenameofthekernel /sdcard/ and normally the recovery should install himself the kernel and you can reboot your phone :)
I still have an issue, can't access on download mode but i can use the phone as before, so if anyone can help, i listen you ^^

Popps

Nov 16, 2012

twon23

May 30, 2010
twon23.blogspot.com
Just tried this, and when i turn on my phone, it only shows the LG logo, no TWRP this time, but i can't turn my phone off, it just restarts itself, and shows only the LG logo, cant get into download mode, i can get into the factory reset mode, but why would i go there when my phone doesn't have anything on it.....

Need some serious help

Hold down the power button till the it turns off and keep it held down the LG logo will flash up again then go off after that release it and wait a few seconds making sure the phone does not boot up again. Then hold down the volume up button and with the usb connected to the computer plug the USB into the phone this should then put it into download mode.

Why don't you sideload a rom in twrp recovery via adb?

Popps

Nov 16, 2012
Hold down the power button till the it turns off and keep it held down the LG logo will flash up again then go off after that release it and wait a few seconds making sure the phone does not boot up again. Then hold down the volume up button and with the usb connected to the computer plug the USB into the phone this should then put it into download mode.

Why don't you sideload a rom in twrp recovery via adb?

I've already tried to get into download mode, and it doesn't let me, but now it wont even let me into TWRP, it's stuck at the LG logo, the notification light at the top is blinking in all different colors.

As i said, no download mode, now no TWRP...

PrinceMS

Jan 10, 2008
Toronto
I had the same problem, stuck on logo lg , when i tried to go to download mode, i got stuck in the first step of it (i can't see the step with firmware update etc...) and when i tried to make a factory hard reset, it goes on the recovery mod.
After seeing many forums since 3-4 days, i tried to flash the kitkat kernel, so i used the adb sideload ---> so connected on recovery mod, then make install from sideload, then on your command (on windows) type adb sideload thenameofthekernel /sdcard/ and normally the recovery should install himself the kernel and you can reboot your phone :)
I still have an issue, can't access on download mode but i can use the phone as before, so if anyone can help, i listen you ^^

I am in the same boat as you. Dont' know what to do.

When I try to boot into download mode - I see the initial screen but computer doesn't detect anything