[SOLVED]Xperia Mini(St15i) No flashmode/fastboot anymore!!!

Search This thread

vassilis91

Oct 4, 2013
Thessaloniki
Hi all, I have xperia mini with unlock bootloader and rooted. Yesterday my device bricked. I unbricked with octapus and wotan. After that i install with flashtool the Xperia Mini (ST15i)_4.0.2.A.0.42_CE ftf. And the problem Start. I make a big mistake. I try update my device with pc companion to .587 version. After that i can't enter in flashmode and fastboot!!!!!! I install a kernel from mike with flashtool Reboot into fastmode(via ADB) and my phone working again but the problem with flashmode and fastboot exists. Pls someone help me. thank u all

Last edited:

dragonX1

Apr 17, 2014
Bangalore
hi

Hi all, I have xperia mini with unlock bootloader and rooted. Yesterday my device bricked. I unbricked with octapus and wotan. After that i install with flashtool the Xperia Mini (ST15i)_4.0.2.A.0.42_CE ftf. And the problem Start. I make a big mistake. I try update my device with pc companion to .587 version. After that i can't enter in flashmode and fastboot!!!!!! I install a kernel from mike with flashtool Reboot into fastmode(via ADB) and my phone working again but the problem with flashmode and fastboot exists. Pls someone help me. thank u all

1.Switch off your mini
2.remove battery and wait for 5 seconds before you reinsert it
3.keep holding upper volume button and connect usb cable (make sure its already connected to PC)
4.if there's blue notification light, then its fastboot mode.
5.Also you need fastboot driver installed from sdk on your PC

May be, if you are familiar with all above steps, i guess something wrong on PC. check with removing & reinstalling fastboot driver from sony's site

vassilis91

Oct 4, 2013
Thessaloniki
1.Switch off your mini
2.remove battery and wait for 5 seconds before you reinsert it
3.keep holding upper volume button and connect usb cable (make sure its already connected to PC)
4.if there's blue notification light, then its fastboot mode.
5.Also you need fastboot driver installed from sdk on your PC

May be, if you are familiar with all above steps, i guess something wrong on PC. check with removing & reinstalling fastboot driver from sony's site

I am familiar with this steps. It's not pc problem. My st15i trim area it's damaged maybe after phone bricked.

Last edited:

dragonX1

Apr 17, 2014
Bangalore

You say you had unlocked bootloader before flashing ST15i)_4.0.2.A.0.42_CE ftf
And then you upgrade to .587 via pc companion ?

Because AFAIK when I tried updating same on my friends phone with unlocked bootloader. Pc companion denied to update because of software modification.
And if you were successfully updated then most probably your bootloader is relocked. So you may wanna check that!

Also try for hard reset if possible!

Sent from my ST15i using XDA Free mobile app

vassilis91

Oct 4, 2013
Thessaloniki
You say you had unlocked bootloader before flashing ST15i)_4.0.2.A.0.42_CE ftf
And then you upgrade to .587 via pc companion ?

Because AFAIK when I tried updating same on my friends phone with unlocked bootloader. Pc companion denied to update because of software modification.
And if you were successfully updated then most probably your bootloader is relocked. So you may wanna check that!

Also try for hard reset if possible!

Sent from my ST15i using XDA Free mobile app

My bootloader is still unlocked because i flash a boot.img kernel via adb fastboot!