installing incredikernel on cm7?

Search This thread

bongholio

Mar 2, 2011
Hi guys i just installed cm7 on my incredible and i was wondering if im allowing to install incredikernal?

also im wondering how to wipe battery stats and when to do it

thanks

Last edited:

morgankeys

Feb 1, 2011
Mountain View
I've used other kernels with CM before and it works fine--if that's what your getting at...

As for battery stats, you should be able to do that from recovery. With clockwork mod, its under the 'advanced' menu.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

g00s3y

May 2, 2009
Fort Myers
www.twitter.com
Hi guys i just installed cm7 on my incredible and i was wondering if im allowing to install incredikernal?

also im wondering how to wipe battery stats and when to do it

thanks

If you are talking about this kernel

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=848453

Yes that is made for GB roms like CM7. As for wiping battery stats, the debate is out as to whether or not that really does much. I have never noticed anything extra from doing it, but thats my experience with it, your experience could be different.

bongholio

Mar 2, 2011
If you are talking about this kernel

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=848453

Yes that is made for GB roms like CM7. As for wiping battery stats, the debate is out as to whether or not that really does much. I have never noticed anything extra from doing it, but thats my experience with it, your experience could be different.

thanks a lot for the info :)

i installed the incredikernal but chris says to have min cpu set at 128 so i did and i have set on boot checked.. is this right?

bongholio

Mar 2, 2011
also i updated to cm7 #8 using rom manager and downloading it off my browser now the thing is i was wondering if it removed the previous version?

bill102938

Aug 26, 2010
bump am i suppose to make cpu min at 128? i haven't touched max cpu and i wont

Just note that a few users have reported issues with the 128 setting. I haven't experienced any problems getting text messages or missed calls and I'm using this kernel with the 128 setting but just keep it in mind if for some reason you find yourself missing texts and/or calls.