[How To] Root Milestone 2

Search This thread

inheme

Mar 1, 2011
Roms are yet to come, but u can root the device using Z4 root.

Sent from my A953 using XDA Premium App

agent008my

May 2, 2009
Belfast
my anti-virus program on my computer keeps detecting a trojan everytime i download the file. is that normal?

EDIT: here's what happened. astro file manager---->z4 root ----> open app manager.

as soon as i opened app manager, nothing happened. there were no details of the application, nor was there any install button. all the fields which were meant to have values were empty. this was the same despite me rebooting my phone.

Build number: MILS2_U6_2.4.18
Firmware: 2.2
system version: Version.62.4.18.A953.AsiaRetail.en.03
Baseband : EPU93ST2_U_03.0C.01

EDIT 2: upon a second attempt, i downloaded the z4root file from this thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1027834

i managed to install z4root (after enabling installation of non market apps and selecting USB debugging). i ran the app and selected permanent root. however, everytime the second message came up (acquiring root source or sthg like that), the app would force close and go back to my home screen. this was the case even after rebooting the phone, switching to flight mode and uninstalling, and then reinstalling z4root.apk program.

EDIT 3: tried every possible method. and tried again and again but everytime the message comes up 'acquiring root shell' z4root closes and gets back to my home screen. its bloody impossible to root this phone. i guess i just have to wait for z4root 1.4:(

any thoughts as to why this is happening? could there be a possibility that my phone cant be rooted for some reason?

Last edited:

kenkenlau

Sep 16, 2007
my anti-virus program on my computer keeps detecting a trojan everytime i download the file. is that normal?

EDIT: here's what happened. astro file manager---->z4 root ----> open app manager.

as soon as i opened app manager, nothing happened. there were no details of the application, nor was there any install button. all the fields which were meant to have values were empty. this was the same despite me rebooting my phone.

Build number: MILS2_U6_2.4.18
Firmware: 2.2
system version: Version.62.4.18.A953.AsiaRetail.en.03
Baseband : EPU93ST2_U_03.0C.01

EDIT 2: upon a second attempt, i downloaded the z4root file from this thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1027834

i managed to install z4root (after enabling installation of non market apps and selecting USB debugging). i ran the app and selected permanent root. however, everytime the second message came up (acquiring root source or sthg like that), the app would force close and go back to my home screen. this was the case even after rebooting the phone, switching to flight mode and uninstalling, and then reinstalling z4root.apk program.

EDIT 3: tried every possible method. and tried again and again but everytime the message comes up 'acquiring root shell' z4root closes and gets back to my home screen. its bloody impossible to root this phone. i guess i just have to wait for z4root 1.4:(

any thoughts as to why this is happening? could there be a possibility that my phone cant be rooted for some reason?

I have the same issue, but then i turn to super one click and got it rooted.
Note that u must have the win7 driver installed. otherwise super one click will not do the job as well. spent over 2 hours for me to get the solution!

good luck

agent008my

May 2, 2009
Belfast
I have the same issue, but then i turn to super one click and got it rooted.
Note that u must have the win7 driver installed. otherwise super one click will not do the job as well. spent over 2 hours for me to get the solution!

good luck

Thanks for your solution. I managed to root with one click some time back. Forgot to update the thread:) silly me:) Apparently the reason of being unable to root it was because there is a loophole that was closed. I will be updating my video tutorial thread by adding the one click method so other users who can't use z4root will be able to root. Thanks again:)

Sent from my MotoA953 using XDA App

Element79

Feb 2, 2011
Maybe the next step? A built in root on/off function for Android.

I vote yeah!

Tapatalk on A953

keylight65

Sep 24, 2010
Foggia
Z4root don't work.

The only way to root my M2 is SuperOneClick.
I tried and works perfectly.
Now my M2 is rooted.

Attachments

• SuperOneClickv1.8-ShortFuse.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 566

agent008my

May 2, 2009
Belfast
Z4root don't work.

The only way to root my M2 is SuperOneClick.
I tried and works perfectly.
Now my M2 is rooted.

z4root works on the older MS2 models. however newer ones have had a particular loophole shut. so the only other options would be gingerbreak or superoneclick.

i will update my video tutorials with both methods as soon as my exams are over ;)

nonosann

Apr 10, 2008
Hy all !!

Is there something I'm missing ?

I tried to root my milestone 2 using Z4root 1.3.0, but nothing never happend...

Actualy, I launch program, then chose permanent root, it starts, until it is "aquiring rootshel" and I return on the "home" screen, no reboot, nothing...

I tried to reboot manualy after, but it didn't change anything, an I tried with or without usb connection active (usb debug mode is on, I checked twice)...

So, is my phone unbootable ?

system version is : 62.4.24.A953retail en FR
android version 2.2.2
noyau : 2.6.32.9-g6685cb4
build : mils2_U6_2.4.24

thnak you all

dangpzanco

Dec 27, 2010
LG Nexus 5X
Samsung Galaxy Tab E
Hy all !!

Is there something I'm missing ?

I tried to root my milestone 2 using Z4root 1.3.0, but nothing never happend...

Actualy, I launch program, then chose permanent root, it starts, until it is "aquiring rootshel" and I return on the "home" screen, no reboot, nothing...

I tried to reboot manualy after, but it didn't change anything, an I tried with or without usb connection active (usb debug mode is on, I checked twice)...

So, is my phone unbootable ?

system version is : 62.4.24.A953retail en FR
android version 2.2.2
noyau : 2.6.32.9-g6685cb4
build : mils2_U6_2.4.24

thnak you all

For 2.2.2, only Gingerbreak or SuperOneClick, read the posts above.

Sent from my Milestone 2 XDA App

nonosann

Apr 10, 2008
sorry, I missed it...

I'm trying now.

Edit : it worked perfecty, so I could instal the fix for the double key bug.

Thanks

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts