[ROM][ICS][P7300/P7310]Official CyanogenMod 9 [2012-09-03]

Search This thread

safir187

Sep 14, 2011
Tehran
pretty sure you forgot to flash gapps! gapps (google-apps) contains: market, mail, etc etc (everything google branded. these because of some legal reason can't be included in custom roms. thats why come in a flashable .zip file)
so if you don't flash that you will not have the market, from which you could then get ES File explorer or whatever other explorer you use...
here is the latest gapps:
https://rapidshare.com/files/232891362/GalaxianGapps_v2.1.zip

come on! why would i forget that?
i told you i can not use the market.

pseudoheld

May 8, 2009
come on! why would i forget that?
i told you i can not use the market.

then just do a wipe and reflash. there is no reason why market wouldn't work...
what exactly do you mean with "can't use market"??
does it crash when you open?
is it not there?
kinda hard to help you on those scarse informations you gave.

safir187

Sep 14, 2011
Tehran
no. thanks to politicians, Google has banned my country from using a lot of its features, including the market.
i guess i'll go back to overcome for a while.

Gizmo123

Dec 11, 2010
Belgrade
don't have this issue! i have no idea what mezzmo is but that seems to be the cause. i use bubbleupnp + dice player on android and XBMC on my computer side. works perfectly fine.

Mezzmo is a popular media DLNA server, the thing that makes streaming even possible, like XBMC. To answer my question, yes, Mezzmo was the reason for streaming crashes. I switched to Serviio and don't have this problem anymore.

safariking

Jan 4, 2012
Lelystad
OnePlus Nord 2 5G
How about the battery life is it better than stock rom i have my galaxy tab 8.9 wifi now for 2 months en would like to have ICS on it because samsung is very slow with there updates is this a very good alternative???

taiger78

Dec 26, 2011
How about the battery life is it better than stock rom i have my galaxy tab 8.9 wifi now for 2 months en would like to have ICS on it because samsung is very slow with there updates is this a very good alternative???

For me battery life is worse compared to stock. Don´t know why that is but that is anyhow the case for me since the first ICS version, and I have been using it almost from the start...

prasket

Feb 15, 2012
Seattle, WA
I just wanted to chime in and say thanks to the OP! I picked up my GT8.9 Friday and have been messing around and then installed this ROM, everything seems to be working great..

ehcan

Sep 8, 2010

A bit worst on standby but on usage about the same.

Sent from my GT-P7300 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-2

jessevl

Oct 2, 2010
A bit worst on standby but on usage about the same.

Sent from my GT-P7300 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-2

Seems to me like wifi draws more power than stock, when I put it on flight mode standby time is about the same as on stock (I think).

I'm really eager to have an official Samsung release though, no camera, worse battery life and graphics glitches (rotation, youtube interface, etc) are no deal breakers but it would be even better with those things fixed.

Gizmo123

Dec 11, 2010
Belgrade
Just a quick question - Will the landscape mode ever be smooth as portrait? What's the deal here? I've experienced many cases on tablets, where it's mostly the other way around - portrait is laggier than landscape.

netxph

Dec 17, 2010
Trece Martires City
Did you try to restore your nand of your stock setup then go from there? I have been easily able to jump between stock, overcome, and this ICS rom nand images. I am also using Alterbridge86's ClockworkMod Recovery v5.5.0.4
Yes... did that :( but still no luck... I am able to jump roms from AOKP and Overcome but not on this one. I am thinking... should a get another stock rom?

fpdragon

Sep 9, 2008
Hi all!

I am planing to make my own cyanogenmod 9 builds to force the rom variety and maybe apply some little changes which are useful for me. (I was thinking about Cornerstone but one step after the other)

I found the following link for the cm7 build process for my galaxy s2. http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S_II:_Compile_CyanogenMod_(Linux)
Now the question is where to find a procedure for building from source for my SGT8.9? I read that there is already a branch for this device.

I'm thankful for all info I can get and which speeds up my work a little bit.

Edit:
I found out that our hero kallt_caffe often commits in the section "android_device_samsung_p5". Is this the Cyanogonmod name for our SGT8.9 alias p7300?

Last edited:

memtew

Oct 12, 2010
Chelny
Hi all!

I am planing to make my own cyanogenmod 9 builds to force the rom variety and maybe apply some little changes which are useful for me. (I was thinking about Cornerstone but one step after the other)

I found the following link for the cm7 build process for my galaxy s2. http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S_II:_Compile_CyanogenMod_(Linux)
Now the question is where to find a procedure for building from source for my SGT8.9? I read that there is already a branch for this device.

I'm thankful for all info I can get and which speeds up my work a little bit.

Edit:
I found out that our hero kallt_caffe often commits in the section "android_device_samsung_p5". Is this the Cyanogonmod name for our SGT8.9 alias p7300?

p5 is P7300, p5wifi - P7310.

Top Liked Posts