[REQ] SystemUI for Xperia E

Search This thread

D-eject

Apr 6, 2014
Hi, everyone! I don't know if I am doing this right but here it goes...

I have a Xperia E, and I am so, but so done of that green battery that is useless and even don't tell me the percentage of remaining battery!
I flashed to ICS and modded the SystemUI, it was an awesome mod, with transparency and battery's percentage.
Why I changed again to JB? Because of better compatibility with apps (more recent) and a sudden hope that Sony will launch a new update.

So recently I had an idea, but my knowledge about apks is very low and I don't know how to program Java and XML languages.

I installed an app, GravityBox, that do the job, but it occupy RAM and CPU time.

If there is someone interested on this and want to do, teach or help, please tell because it will benefit everyone and maybe people will understand how Android works and maybe it will work like an introduction to modding.

First of all is the percentage, if possible I wanted to look like the screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-13-13-56-00.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-13-13-56-00.png
    121.8 KB · Views: 768

Grimlock007

Jan 25, 2014
Cybertron

I have a Xperia E, and I am so, but so done of that green battery that is useless and even don't tell me the percentage of remaining battery!
I flashed to ICS and modded the SystemUI, it was an awesome mod, with transparency and battery's percentage.
Why I changed again to JB? Because of better compatibility with apps (more recent) and a sudden hope that Sony will launch a new update.

So recently I had an idea, but my knowledge about apks is very low and I don't know how to program Java and XML languages.

I installed an app, GravityBox, that do the job, but it occupy RAM and CPU time.

If there is someone interested on this and want to do, teach or help, please tell because it will benefit everyone and maybe people will understand how Android works and maybe it will work like an introduction to modding.

First of all is the percentage, if possible I wanted to look like the screenshot.

I'm interested 2 if someone can teach or guide,refer.

Even i was planning to get into it ...i left since i don't have time anymore..

check this guide .... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2203166
and yeah ...dont come to me with doubts ...i have no idea about it

Reactions: D-eject

D-eject

Apr 6, 2014
Begining SystemUI

So I started doing the battery icons, more like the screenshots, but now I have a doubt, if someone knows this please reply.

When I installed GravityBox the percentage does not change size, I mean the font size, and for this the icons should be bigger that the actual 21x18 pixels.

Now I am at the 36% icon, possibly I can do all icons today and compile to .apk again.
I'll do the tests to not endanger other equipments.

Last edited:

D-eject

Apr 6, 2014
SystemUI testing

I have good and bad news.

The good is it worked once but with fails, don't ask me why because I don't know, I just followed the TUT.

The bad is that I got this "New Android Interface". :(

Attachments

• 2014_04_15_21.26.09.png
    2014_04_15_21.26.09.png
    27.9 KB · Views: 99

Grimlock007

Jan 25, 2014
Cybertron

The good is it worked once but with fails, don't ask me why because I don't know, I just followed the TUT.

he he he.... thats what happens when system ui isn't upto mark....
you are on deodexed rom right? ....did you decompile the apk from the rom you're using ? or from another rom?

D-eject

Apr 6, 2014
SystemUI Modded Problem

you are on deodexed rom right? ....did you decompile the apk from the rom you're using ? or from another rom?

Well since I can't use ClockworkMod properly because I can't unlock the damn bootloader, I have an odexed ROM, but when I had ICS it wasn't deodexed and installed the mod simply by removing the .odex file, I think it would be the same procedure.

The SystemUI I modded is from my actual ROM, simply and for now I just made new SystemUI icons and changed the respective .xml files.

I don't know what I did wrong and why it only worked when I put the modded SystemUI on the system/app folder.

Grimlock007

Jan 25, 2014
Cybertron
Well since I can't use ClockworkMod properly because I can't unlock the damn bootloader, I have an odexed ROM, but when I had ICS it wasn't deodexed and installed the mod simply by removing the .odex file, I think it would be the same procedure.

The SystemUI I modded is from my actual ROM, simply and for now I just made new SystemUI icons and changed the respective .xml files.

I don't know what I did wrong and why it only worked when I put the modded SystemUI on the system/app folder.
talk to nsdcars5 or matspunt about it.....
but first ...your bootloader...do something about it

D-eject

Apr 6, 2014
:D
I'll see what can I do, I have to call my carrier to see how much it costs to enable bootloader unlock.
I'll also contact these users you indicated me, maybe my problem is very small. :thumbup:

Sent from my C1505 using xda app-developers app

D

Deleted member 5439257

I'll see what can I do, I have to call my carrier to see how much it costs to enable bootloader unlock.
I'll also contact these users you indicated me, maybe my problem is very small. :thumbup:

Unlocking the boot loader is different from carrier unlocking! If your status says yes it's completely free.

Please Google for guides, because right now I'm on my phone.

Sent from my C1505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

D-eject

Apr 6, 2014
It's says no... I already have seen guides and forums about this and they say what you say.

Sorry for everyone, I did not have the time to check the news on my thread. ;)

D-eject

Apr 6, 2014
New Idea

I got an idea, when I had ICS it was also odexed and I could mod.

So the steps for me were:
1 - Copy the original SystemUI into a folder (backup)
2 - Copy modded SystemUI to the app folder
3 - Reboot
4 - Delete odex file
5 - Reboot
6 - Done

I was thinking in a person who has deodexed SystemUI and if this person transfer to me.
I think it would work, basically I think it's the same process, even for modding.

D-eject

Apr 6, 2014
Hi everyone, again!
Finally I found something interesting with gravitybox.
The screenshot without the status bar is like the expanded desktop from gravitybox.
I'll take a look again on my systemui configurations and soon will dispose to everyone to use, see and modify freely and at own risk even if it is incomplete by my side. I want this to be a community project for xperia e and by xperia e users.

I still have two questions...
How do I make not expanded desktop?
Why nobody sent me an Deodexed SystemUI?...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm interested 2 if someone can teach or guide,refer.

Even i was planning to get into it ...i left since i don't have time anymore..

check this guide .... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2203166
    and yeah ...dont come to me with doubts ...i have no idea about it
    Thanks @Grimlock007 I'll read it and probably do it, since I am not afraid of flashing the phone. XD
    :good:
    there's no risk anyways...since your just editing the apk's ....(worst that could happen is 'no system ui ')
    if you were tweaking kernels and that sort of stuff it would be risky...
    OK good luck!

talk to nsdcars5 or matspunt about it.....
    but first ...your bootloader...do something about it
    D
    Deleted member 5439257

Unlocking the boot loader is different from carrier unlocking! If your status says yes it's completely free.

Please Google for guides, because right now I'm on my phone.

Sent from my C1505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app