"Upgrade" from MLG to NC2 (leaked KK to OTA KK)

Search This thread

amendolaro1

Dec 25, 2011
so upgraded to the leaked KK for my att note 3, and my wife just got the note3 as well and hers had an OTA to KK - versions are different and the bugs im experiencing are not on her version... i know i cant downgrade but how can i flash that update (official) since when i got to do an update it says im at the latest?

thanks !

SunnyOK

Mar 25, 2011
so upgraded to the leaked KK for my att note 3, and my wife just got the note3 as well and hers had an OTA to KK - versions are different and the bugs im experiencing are not on her version... i know i cant downgrade but how can i flash that update (official) since when i got to do an update it says im at the latest?

thanks !

I want to upgrade from MLG to NC2 too. However, there is no direct way to do it at the moment.

However, if you are still at A2, you can use Safestrap to switch between MJ5 and NC2 (Please don't flash NC2 aboot.mbn!!!!!!)

Last edited:

147aaron

As Jerrycoffman said. . . .

Restore back to MJ5 using this guide - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2559715
Don't root using the last part. It removes knox which will block you from being able to update the phone.

Next there will be a OTA to install its around 60mb. This is NB4

Lastly, just download kitkat OTA that's available. This may take sometime because it is a larger file size.

A lot of people have had issues installing the Kitkat OTA (including me). It fails at a certain percentage.
If you have this problem just follow this guide to fix it - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2701062

Make sure you back up any apps and files you need before starting this

mutantblack

Sep 22, 2006
Tornados City
Honestly instead of upgrading to official KK, why don't you just root and flash of of the available KK rom which is so much better than stock. Unless you don't care about the custom rom and root, you can follow what other has suggested to get the official OTA. Once you update thought, no way to get it root anymore

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

jreed3786

Sep 28, 2008
Rockford, IL
Agree 100%!!!

Honestly instead of upgrading to official KK, why don't you just root and flash of of the available KK rom which is so much better than stock. Unless you don't care about the custom rom and root, you can follow what other has suggested to get the official OTA. Once you update thought, no way to get it root anymore

There is absolutely NO reason, if you follow instructions correctly, to accept the official update. Been there, done that. Glad I returned my OFFICIAL 4.4.2 phone and got another one to keep root on!!!:D

amendolaro1

Dec 25, 2011
There is absolutely NO reason, if you follow instructions correctly, to accept the official update. Been there, done that. Glad I returned my OFFICIAL 4.4.2 phone and got another one to keep root on!!!:D

i was under the impression that i cannot root once i am on KK? also i use ISIS on a daily basis... do the new custom KK roms support ISIS?

jorgeartiles

Jul 13, 2012
Best solution:
Go to Best Buy and ask one of the Samsung people to get you to stock, in less than 10 to 15 minutes you'll be in OTA Kit Kat.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.