[Q] N8013 Random Reboots- Requesting Help

Search This thread

mowgli_writes

Dec 23, 2013
Yangon
Device: Note 10.1 N8013 (Wi-Fi Only Model)

The Problem:

The device randomly reboots itself- it's happened while I was scrolling between pages on the launcher, connecting to a WiFi network, and sometimes even when the device was just sitting on its own.

So far, it's happened on every custom ROM I've tried (Omni, IOKP, IOAP and CM), and even Stock TW flashed via Odin with and without a PIT File.

The duration between reboots is inconsistent, but it's always a full reboot- suddenly back to the Samsung logo and then the ROM logo, beore the system loads up normally.

Probable Causes (my best guesses):

Apps are almost definitely not a cause, because I only install a handful (ES File Explorer, GoldenDict, AnyMemo, Mantano Reader, Skype, Manga Watcher, Opera Browser, MXPlayer, AdAway, Greenify and Helium backup).

***One particular event sticks out to me though: early on when I first got the device, the battery ran out, and I had to leave it as is for 2 weeks, due to some family issues.

My Questions:

1.) How would I go about diagnosing the cause of the random reboots?

2.) Could the extended Battery depletion described above be the cause of my instability issues?

3.) If my current battery is indeed the problem, should I buy a replacement from NewPower99? I am worried that since the Note 10.1 is a 2-year old device, a Li-Ion Battery sitting on a store shelf for such a long duration would be no better than the stock one I have now.

Note: Unfortunately, I waited too long and the tablet is beyond its Warranty Date, so sending it in for repair/replacement is not an option. :(

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I'd really appreciate any help/advice you can give! :)

Reactions: badralamoudy

badralamoudy

Dec 19, 2013
same here

The Problem:

The device randomly reboots itself- it's happened while I was scrolling between pages on the launcher, connecting to a WiFi network, and sometimes even when the device was just sitting on its own.

So far, it's happened on every custom ROM I've tried (Omni, IOKP, IOAP and CM), and even Stock TW flashed via Odin with and without a PIT File.

The duration between reboots is inconsistent, but it's always a full reboot- suddenly back to the Samsung logo and then the ROM logo, beore the system loads up normally.

Apps are almost definitely not a cause, because I only install a handful (ES File Explorer, GoldenDict, AnyMemo, Mantano Reader, Skype, Manga Watcher, Opera Browser, MXPlayer, AdAway, Greenify and Helium backup).

***One particular event sticks out to me though: early on when I first got the device, the battery ran out, and I had to leave it as is for 2 weeks, due to some family issues.

My Questions:

2.) Could the extended Battery depletion described above be the cause of my instability issues?

3.) If my current battery is indeed the problem, should I buy a replacement from NewPower99? I am worried that since the Note 10.1 is a 2-year old device, a Li-Ion Battery sitting on a store shelf for such a long duration would be no better than the stock one I have now.

Note: Unfortunately, I waited too long and the tablet is beyond its Warranty Date, so sending it in for repair/replacement is not an option. :(

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I'd really appreciate any help/advice you can give! :)

I have the same problem The device randomly reboots itself
but the battery life is better that the stock ROM for me and the sound too
replace the battery that my advice for you
goodluck
"sorry for my bad english"

mowgli_writes

Dec 23, 2013
Yangon
Thank you

I have the same problem The device randomly reboots itself
but the battery life is better that the stock ROM for me and the sound too
replace the battery that my advice for you
goodluck
"sorry for my bad english"

Thank you, badralamoudy. It's nice to know I'm not alone with this problem. :( Two quick follow-ups though:

1.) Which ROM are you using right now?

2.) Have you replaced the battery on your device? If you have, did it fix the random reboot problem?

Thank you for trying to help. :)

badralamoudy

Dec 19, 2013
I am a noooob

Thank you, badralamoudy. It's nice to know I'm not alone with this problem. :( Two quick follow-ups though:

2.) Have you replaced the battery on your device? If you have, did it fix the random reboot problem?

1- omni rom
2- no
my battery is good and still reboot randomly
I used Omega ROM before omni and it was stable
:eek::eek:

Reactions: mowgli_writes

erica_renee

Sep 16, 2010
Louisville
when you flash back to stock. Do you let google play reinstall your apps and data.
My Suggestion is flashing back to the latest Samsung full firmware . Then Do not let google play reinstall your apps or app data..
Install only one at one day See how it does . another the next day and so on

OHH After you flash the new stock firmware . Reboot and do a factory restore .

I have had this issue with my nexus and other devices when i flashed alot. I think its just left over data or something corrupt you are restoring

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The Problem:

My Questions:

I am a noooob

1- omni rom
    2- no
    my battery is good and still reboot randomly
    I used Omega ROM before omni and it was stable
    :eek::eek: