Wrong soft according to IMEI

Search This thread

Djor

Sep 20, 2013
Hey there i just noticed few things so just to make it clear igot Z from trade S3 for Z i dont have waranty all i have is a box phone and Swedish manuals. Im a bit confused cause box says its C6603 and bottom of the phone says the same C6603 after pressing *#06# imei shows the same as on the box from C6603 but when i go to settings and check device info it says C6602 http://zapodaj.net/bc7beb6231a48.png.html ill upload 2 images to let you guys check whats wrong. http://zapodaj.net/b8d6cd6d7be46.png.html

What makes me wonder how the hell I have C6602 fw in C6603? Any solutions? My phone so far stuck on 4.1.2 can't even update via OTA cause it says my phone got all updates so should I somehow install a proper soft with latest update 4.4 to C6603 or C6602? Im confused since I haven't got those kind of problems with any of my phones.

Last edited:

androidtweaker1

May 15, 2014
Hey there i just noticed few things so just to make it clear igot Z from trade S3 for Z i dont have waranty all i have is a box phone and Swedish manuals. Im a bit confused cause box says its C6603 and bottom of the phone says the same C6603 after pressing *#06# imei shows the same as on the box from C6603 but when i go to settings and check device info it says C6602 http://zapodaj.net/bc7beb6231a48.png.html ill upload 2 images to let you guys check whats wrong. http://zapodaj.net/b8d6cd6d7be46.png.html

What makes me wonder how the hell I have C6602 fw in C6603? Any solutions? My phone so far stuck on 4.1.2 can't even update via OTA cause it says my phone got all updates so should I somehow install a proper soft with latest update 4.4 to C6603 or C6602? Im confused since I haven't got those kind of problems with any of my phones.

Okay, the reason might be the person who sold you the phone flashed C6602 firmware on the device.
Flash C6603 firmware and everything should be fine

Djor

Sep 20, 2013
But how come is it possible to flash,different FW on model which shouldnt support it? Im scared dun wanna brick my precious Z

Could you lend me a hand how to do that im completly blonde in that.

Last edited:

androidtweaker1

May 15, 2014
But how come is it possible to flash,different FW on model which shouldnt support it? Im scared dun wanna brick my precious Z

Could you lend me a hand how to do that im completly blonde in that.

Bro 6602 firmware can be flashed on 6603 as hardware is nearly identical.

Now to rectify the problem follow the below instructions .
You can download kitkat stock firmware for 6603 from here
Download flashtool to flash firmware from here

How to flash instructions are given below
  1. Download and install the Flashtool
  2. Next go to where you installed flashtool folder in C drive and then to the drivers folder.
  3. Run the Flashtool-drivers.exe file.
  4. Xperia Z drivers, flashmode drivers and fastboot drivers.
  5. Accept all the prompts and once finished load flashtool
  6. Click the thunder button on top left
  7. Now select flashmode
  8. Select the firmware you want to flash
  9. Turn off phone(Hold power and both the volume keys till you feel 3 vibrations)
  10. When it tells you to connect hold down the volume button and connect usb to phone
  11. Flashing will start
  12. After flashing is complete boot the phone

Let me know if help is required dont worry it will not brick your device i had used the same method to update to kitkat

Edit : Keep the firmware ie the ftf file in the firmware folder of flashtool

Last edited:

Djor

Sep 20, 2013
Bro 6602 firmware can be flashed on 6603 as hardware is nearly identical.

Now to rectify the problem follow the below instructions .
You can download kitkat stock firmware for 6603 from here
Download flashtool to flash firmware from here

How to flash instructions are given below
  1. Download and install the Flashtool
  2. Next go to where you installed flashtool folder in C drive and then to the drivers folder.
  3. Run the Flashtool-drivers.exe file.
  4. Xperia Z drivers, flashmode drivers and fastboot drivers.
  5. Accept all the prompts and once finished load flashtool
  6. Click the thunder button on top left
  7. Now select flashmode
  8. Select the firmware you want to flash
  9. Turn off phone(Hold power and both the volume keys till you feel 3 vibrations)
  10. When it tells you to connect hold down the volume button and connect usb to phone
  11. Flashing will start
  12. After flashing is complete boot the phone

Let me know if help is required dont worry it will not brick your device i had used the same method to update to kitkat

Edit : Keep the firmware ie the ftf file in the firmware folder of flashtool

Thanks babe ill try that in next days and post it if i suceed ;*

Djor

Sep 20, 2013
Hi! Im gonna flash my phone in few hours but im wondering do i need root for that cause i don't have it and i don't know how to root it ~.~ if needed

androidtweaker1

May 15, 2014
Hi! Im gonna flash my phone in few hours but im wondering do i need root for that cause i don't have it and i don't know how to root it ~.~ if needed

You wont need to root for flashing :good: don't worry go ahead and happy flashing ;)
PS: Take a data backup as clean flash will wipe all data

Last edited:

skylinrcr01

Mar 8, 2011
South Orange County, CA
I changed my config number to get generic US FW because my phone was running indian FW. Basically if you root, you can modify some text in a configuration file and trick the phone into thinking it's a model that it really isn't. More info here:http://xdaforums.com/xperia-z/help/how-to-change-si-sony-xperia-z-t2271530

Root is also super easy - Google towel root, it is a recently discovered exploit that allows for one click rooting more or less.

Djor

Sep 20, 2013
Question... my phone vibrated 3 times and nothing -.- when i plug it to usb it's just charging :/

Djor

Sep 20, 2013
i don't get it... i got the window saying

Unplug device (done)

Power off (done)

Press the back button? (undone) since i don't have back button beside that one on the screen so im stuck here-.-

Last edited: