(Rom) Vibrant9 Eclair 2.1 flashable .zip * 9/2/2010* Final *

Search This thread

bubonik

Apr 19, 2006
Portland
In the middle of downloading, wanted to provide a wipe file. It will take care of system/data/cache. I cant remember who made it but the credit goes to you.

Attachments

• wipe.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 714

turtleman13

Jun 29, 2009
Baltimore
U the man U gene

THanks for putting this together for us
I still use your trojen droid rom for my retired g1

we appreicate u

frank707

May 7, 2009
Does this have apps2sd fix? Or can we apply the vibrant to sd fix to this the same way? Great work btw

Sent from my SGH-T959

blackerwater

Apr 17, 2007
Seattle
:mad: I just tried flashing this from your froyo build and now im stuck at cell exclamation mark and computer picture. i hope i didnt brick. can i get clearification of what a bricked phone acts like i cant access download mode just this screen. :confused:

eugene373

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 11, 2009
eb-productions.proboards.com
:mad: I just tried flashing this from your froyo build and now im stuck at cell exclamation mark and computer picture. i hope i didnt brick. can i get clearification of what a bricked phone acts like i cant access download mode just this screen. :confused:

You can Not Flash this if you have the Froyo Build Running....

Either
A. You will Need to ODIN the Stock zImage ( Have this if Neede )..
or
B. Flash Back to Stock Rom

~Eugene

Andrmgic

Jul 19, 2010

Hold Power + vol up and down + home

When the phone comes back on, let go of power and keep the others held and it should put you in download mode.

You may need to flash back to stock using ODIN before you can install a ROM that is 2.1, I'd think..

jroid

Jan 8, 2009

your phone isn't bricked. What u needed to do was revert back to stock 2.1 using ODIN and then flash this .zip in recovery. To restore, enter download mode and revert back to stock through odin. you'll be fine

chaoscentral

Feb 28, 2009
Revere, MA
i cant seem to access download mode? ill keep trying thanks for the reply.

easiest way ive found, is turn off the phone completely, plug it in to the usb port on your computer while its off. wait for the battery display to show up and finish loading, then hold both volume buttons down, then hold power while continuing to hold the volume buttons. as soon as the display turns black let go of the power button but continue to hold the volume buttons. works every time.

blackerwater

Apr 17, 2007
Seattle
easiest way ive found, is turn off the phone completely, plug it in to the usb port on your computer while its off. wait for the battery display to show up and finish loading, then hold both volume buttons down, then hold power while continuing to hold the volume buttons. as soon as the display turns black let go of the power button but continue to hold the volume buttons. works every time.

doesnt work? Ive entered download mode several times before but it just wont now. goes straight to exclamation screen and Odin wont pick up a com port.

blackerwater

Apr 17, 2007
Seattle
holy crap i got it. total scare. guess we know what not to do. gonna odin to stock and then try this again. thanks for the help guys.

bestwebs

Dec 5, 2008
Hi,
Thanks for your work Eugene.
Your hero on my G1 was my favorite.

Now we are vibrating.
:D

drewtang

Jun 29, 2010
Boise
Dang Eugene! You're the man! New baby at home and he still builds roms for us. I'll be donating a baby toy or two as soon as I can :)

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

ttabbal

Jul 1, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Does this have apps2sd fix? Or can we apply the vibrant to sd fix to this the same way? Great work btw

Sent from my SGH-T959

He doesn't list it, so I would think not. His adb push/pull fix uses the same boot script mechanism we use for the apps2sd fix, so if you apply a2sd over this ROM, you will lose that fix. I can build a version that integrates them together, I just haven't had time yet and nobody has asked for it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is there a reason why the calendar is jacked up now with the bar at the top?

Also, why are GPS and sync icons pixelated, as well as the notification bar being translucent. I guess I just don't see the improvement from vibrant 4 to vibrant 6... vibrant 6 seems like a big step back? I had none of these "glitches" in vibrant4.

Finally, is there a reason why a rom isn't released that INTEGRATES the most popular tweaks - aka GPS and LAG fix?

Please add an issue log to the original post to declutter this thread and help everyone out.

+1 on the calendar issue - I mentioned it before on this thread but it hasn't been answered conclusively.

As for the GPS and sync icons, there are several battery icon MODs going around that will also get you back to stock icons/status bar when applied. I used "Circular Battery Blue" and am happy with it, though I might swap it for the segmented version just based on appearance. Here is the one I used: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=756441

Alternate thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=759004

Screen shot below.
    Darn I guess ill give it a try. see if there are any signal improvements.

Any special instructions to flash the OCv4 kernel? Or is it just flash the init.d file then the kernel via clockwork?
    So I flashed this over custom rom like an idiot and it failed, rebooted and now I'm stuck on the samsung boot animation. Any suggestions other than restoring to nandroid backup? Thank you.

Restore to stock using odin...

So I flashed this over custom rom like an idiot and it failed, rebooted and now I'm stuck on the samsung boot animation. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Download Odin, the original rom for the vibrant put the phone in download mode and reflash it. Don't worry its really really really hard to brick the phone.
    hey guys I did the lagfix wrong by putting a different playlogo and userint file on the phone...is there a way for me to undo I and do it the right way?