snickler

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 17, 2010
Dub V
www.sinclairinat0r.com
Hello everyone,

CloudMuzik.

EDIT: 6/21/2013

Hard to believe it's been over a year since I've put this app out into the marketplace. NOW... I present to you.. v1.5! Those of you still using the app should have received an update, if not.. Go to the marketplace and grab it!

EDIT: 6/3/2012

CloudMuzik v1.2 is in the Marketplace. As of today it will still be propogating, but by the next day it should fully be out so look for the update notification.

EDIT: 4/13/2012

After running into some issues with pushing the update, it's finally here! For those who have the crashing first version, go to the Marketplace and update manually if you haven't received the update Notification

EDIT: 3/17/12

FINALLY we're in the Marketplace. I want to thank everyone who has contributed to testing this application. It's come a long way since the initial beta.

CloudMuzik

EDIT: 12/21/11

The slots are now closed so that I can focus on fixing things and preparation. Thanks for testing!

EDIT: 12/13/11

More private slots have opened up. Feel free to PM!

EDIT: 12/5/11

Fixed the glitch I found which means the new beta build is coming VERY soon! Sorry it's taking a while.. I had to restructure my whole data structure to truly support 15000+ song libraries. Caching the library is a pain, but is needed. More updates coming soon.

I want to thank everyone who has supported this project again. I will do my best not to let you guys down!

[/CODE]
CloudMuzik is a Google Music player made to work specifically for WP7 phones. I got tired of trying to listen to Google Music through the browser since the interface is ugly and it doesn't know how to switch to different tracks while locked.

I want to give a big thanks to Marvin_S and sensboston

If it wasn't for them, I would be adding unnecessary complexity :).

Thanks,

Marvin_S and Snickler

PS: Check out our MetroBrowser Beta - Browser with FLV Support

Attachments

• CloudMuzik1.PNG
    CloudMuzik1.PNG
    51.1 KB · Views: 4,330
  • CloudMuzik3.PNG
    CloudMuzik3.PNG
    79.4 KB · Views: 2,809
  • CloudMuzik2.PNG
    CloudMuzik2.PNG
    66.8 KB · Views: 2,277
Last edited:

nilsk123

Aug 11, 2008
Limburg
Hello everyone,

Coming 10/28/11 is the beta of CloudMuzik.

CloudMuzik is a Google Music player made to work specifically for WP7 phones. I got tired of trying to listen to Google Music through the browser since the interface is ugly and it doesn't know how to switch to different tracks while locked.

Features for CloudMuzik Beta

• Max 1000 songs
  • Search for individual song, artist or album
  • Album Art accompanied with song if it exists
  • Seeking through songs
  • Shuffling (Everyday I'm shuffling xD)
  • Background Music aware

There also MAY be future functionality to stream music from other sources, but that can't be guaranteed.

With this said, my good friend Marvin_S will be handling the music playing interface in the end. The first beta interface will not be the final one.

NOTE:

I will edit this post to indicate when the beta is ready. It will be on a per request basis as we will need time to work out issues that may arise and prepare for the Marketplace.

Thanks,

Marvin_S and Snickler

Thats great! its the only app i miss on my titan, i have my entire music library on there.

Reactions: lamborg

HenryTheX

Oct 15, 2010
Glasgow
NICE! if u could make the app icon transparent and according to Metro UI transparent icon style, Ill download and keep this app:))

snickler

Aug 17, 2010
Dub V
www.sinclairinat0r.com
Sigh.. Well everyone I'll have to push the release back a few days due to being very busy at work. Good news is that I have the basic functionality in regards to retrieving the music and playing it. I have to make the functionality for searching and browsing and the beta will be ready. Please be patient. I will post a few screenshots tomorrow to show progress. =)

Sent from my SGH-i917 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

nilsk123

Aug 11, 2008
Limburg
Sigh.. Well everyone I'll have to push the release back a few days due to being very busy at work. Good news is that I have the basic functionality in regards to retrieving the music and playing it. I have to make the functionality for searching and browsing and the beta will be ready. Please be patient. I will post a few screenshots tomorrow to show progress. =)

No problem, take your time! thanks for the update.

snickler

Aug 17, 2010
Dub V
www.sinclairinat0r.com
Another update:

It's looking pretty good in terms of functionality. There WILL be a weird bug in terms of background images per song (Yes, I made it look like the Zune music player that displays an artist in the background as the song is playing). Other than that, I'm working on cleaning up a few things and adding some searching functionality. It will be out tonight!

As I've listed in the initial post. This will be on a per request basis (private beta).

More to come tonight!

EDIT:

Sigh.. after a fun Halloween party last night, I wasn't too keen on working hehe. It will be delayed a day, BUT BUT BUTTTTTT I have something good. A few screenshots of the music player to hold you over.

Attachments

• CloudMuzik1.PNG
    CloudMuzik1.PNG
    51.1 KB · Views: 733
  • CloudMuzik3.PNG
    CloudMuzik3.PNG
    79.4 KB · Views: 659
Last edited:

lekhwani

This just streams from Google Music (hence the name CloudMuzik :p). It has no equalizer.

ALSO! GOOD NEWS I fixed the issue I was having so the release will be coming either tonight or tomorrow morning after I tidy up a few things.

Why is it so difficult to implement equalizer settings in any music app in windows? I mean why we don't have equalizers in any app in whole of the marketplace? Does windows phone not have apis for this?

snickler

Aug 17, 2010
Dub V
www.sinclairinat0r.com
Why is it so difficult to implement equalizer settings in any music app in windows? I mean why we don't have equalizers in any app in whole of the marketplace? Does windows phone not have apis for this?

The same frustration I thought once I saw there was no equalizer built into the zune player. Although there's that nice equalizer for the HTC phones.. everything has to be built from scratch. I don't know for sure if it's even possible to make an equalizer without using the phone's native drivers. I'm assuming it could be possible using MediaStreamSource, but then again that requires an intense understanding on how to modify the sound to that extent. :-\.

Marvin_S

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 8, 2010

well this would involve decomposing the mp3 file, altering the appropriate bytes and than send them sample by sample back into media stream source or something a like. And is possible (technically) with wav files with DSP API, where you can pump in raw wav audio buffers, but with mp3 i think this conversion would be to cpu intensive/slow that its not possible and more importantly not worth the time to implement. You would basically have to code an mp3 codec in c# (correct me if im wrong, but I belive this would be the only way).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone,

CloudMuzik.

EDIT: 6/21/2013

Hard to believe it's been over a year since I've put this app out into the marketplace. NOW... I present to you.. v1.5! Those of you still using the app should have received an update, if not.. Go to the marketplace and grab it!

EDIT: 6/3/2012

CloudMuzik v1.2 is in the Marketplace. As of today it will still be propogating, but by the next day it should fully be out so look for the update notification.

EDIT: 4/13/2012

After running into some issues with pushing the update, it's finally here! For those who have the crashing first version, go to the Marketplace and update manually if you haven't received the update Notification

EDIT: 3/17/12

FINALLY we're in the Marketplace. I want to thank everyone who has contributed to testing this application. It's come a long way since the initial beta.

CloudMuzik

EDIT: 12/21/11

The slots are now closed so that I can focus on fixing things and preparation. Thanks for testing!

EDIT: 12/13/11

More private slots have opened up. Feel free to PM!

EDIT: 12/5/11

Fixed the glitch I found which means the new beta build is coming VERY soon! Sorry it's taking a while.. I had to restructure my whole data structure to truly support 15000+ song libraries. Caching the library is a pain, but is needed. More updates coming soon.

I want to thank everyone who has supported this project again. I will do my best not to let you guys down!

[/CODE]

Thanks,

Marvin_S and Snickler

good work so far, but will it appear in marketplace or do i have to jailbreak my omnia 7?

It will be homebrew for the beta and will hut the marketplace when everything is all completed

Good job, i love google music and love to use it on the htc radar cause of its superb sound quality. But there are some major issues wich prevent me to use it regularly:

i know there is a limit of 1000 songs, but why are they chosen randomly? i have more than 4000, but would like to choose which artists are visible in the app. Like it is now, you can't be sure to have access to your favourite artists.

good to read graphics will be improved. but right now, layout is wasting a lot of space, especially on top and on bottom of the screen.

when i connect to google music the first time i have to hit play on a couple of songs before i can hear anything. later on everything works flawlessly.

i'm really looking forward for final release. when next beta is available i'll publish an article and i will try to record pc screen to show the app in running in an emulator.

Yeah those are a few issues ive been working out in terms of initial playback and such. As for the random assortment of songs, that's due to the way google stores the data on the music. I've only limited the music for the sake pf beta testing. The full paid release (which i will only make 99cents) will feature all songs, support for playlists, and song caching. I will also release a free version with limited functionality. With that sad, i am working hard to make this a great experience. I actually used the app in my car on the way home with the new build i am almost finished with and the playback was smooth. =).

Hello everyone,

Coming 10/28/11 is the beta of CloudMuzik.

Features for CloudMuzik Beta

• Max 1000 songs
    • Search for individual song, artist or album
    • Album Art accompanied with song if it exists
    • Seeking through songs
    • Shuffling (Everyday I'm shuffling xD)
    • Background Music aware

There also MAY be future functionality to stream music from other sources, but that can't be guaranteed.

With this said, my good friend Marvin_S will be handling the music playing interface in the end. The first beta interface will not be the final one.

NOTE:

I will edit this post to indicate when the beta is ready. It will be on a per request basis as we will need time to work out issues that may arise and prepare for the Marketplace.

Thanks,

Marvin_S and Snickler

Thats great! its the only app i miss on my titan, i have my entire music library on there.
    I'm waiting for the App Hub on this. I've submitted my pure WP8 version and it was "published" 12/6, but due to an "error on the back end system", it's not appearing in the Store. The crappy part is that I am almost done with the update to that update. Whenever I FINALLY hear back from the App Hub support tech, I'll know what is going on. I think what I'm going to do is just make another app and name it CloudMuzik8 (which will also be the name of the WinRT/Win8 version that will be coming out at some point ;)) and then see if I can set the 7.5 version to show only on the WP7 Market. I'll see if this is possible and if it is then that will be the road I take for this. .

More updates to come soon.

UPDATE: The App Hub's "workaround" is out and 1.2.1.3 exists in the marketplace. The only thing though is that something screwed up (could've been an error on my part) and it's only set to work with WVGA screens (Lumia 820/822 is the only WP8 model out right now that fits that). I have gone through and made sure that everything is set for all phones to work with 1.2.1.4 (which has been submitted).

More updates coming *_*