[Q] SOD when talking on the phone

Search This thread

brogdonbr

Apr 7, 2007
I hope this is a simple fix, but I've been googling to no avail...

After bringing back my Atrix from the dead (see an earlier post if interested), my phone seems to suffer a SOD when I talk on the phone. This is the only time. I did see a similar problem on another site that gave me some insight. I don't have to do a battery pull--if I simply plug the phone into a power source, it comes right back. But, for some reason, when I talk on the phone, the conversation continues without problems, but the screen won't come back. Needless to say, I can't hang up on someone. If I plug in, suddenly all is well. If I cam away from a power source, a battery pull works.

Does anyone have any idea what would cause the phone dialer to go to sleep and not come back unless I plug in?

To be fair, I realize this isn't exactly a SOD, as it comes back to life when I plug in. But, I don't know if it is useful to describe my Atrix as narcoleptic...

brogdonbr

Apr 7, 2007
Minor update...

So, the problem still isn't solved, but I found a setting that lets me use the power button to end a call. So, when I get to the end of a phone call, if I hit the power button to end the call first (going to make me popular with friends and family), the call is ended and the phone wakes up normally. If I don't end the call first by hitting the power off, then I have to either do a battery pull or plug in.

Any clues???

Dark9781

Apr 21, 2009
It might be an issue from flashing the CM7 rom over the previous rom. Did you try clearing the davik cache and reflashing the rom?

brogdonbr

Apr 7, 2007
I've tried clearing the Dalvik cache, but I just got all of my apps and settings the way I like them...I'd hate to re-flash unless I absolutely have to.

tasteslikechicken

Dec 28, 2011
I've tried clearing the Dalvik cache, but I just got all of my apps and settings the way I like them...I'd hate to re-flash unless I absolutely have to.

Try clearing the cache partition too. Titanium Backup may be worthwhile if you decide to reflash (which would be the best way to solve your problem).

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App