[Discussion]HTC One S [S-OFF]

Search This thread

Adam5400

Oct 9, 2010
Hboots are signed.. Thats why it worked,

Try to make a hboot, Modify it and then flash it..

It will fail dramatically

Well, you can flash anything you want to the hboot partition even if its not signed, as Reviewers demonstrated (it'll fail at boot). The signature is checked on boot, not when you're writing to the partition. (That may be what you're trying to say, I dunno) But I knew that when I was flashing and make sure it was signed first. The signature appears to be in the header of the hboot image, just below the versioning information.

Last edited:
Reactions: azzledazzle

Sep 26, 2010
Fremont, CA
Is it that little progress bar thing on the right top corner every time it boots? I don't remember seeing that on previous HTC devices. @reviewers, did you get that s-off hboot?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Closed Source Project

Mar 31, 2012
The Windy City, Chicago, Illinois
Guys, I'm sure I'm misplaced but I want to help as much as possible. Back on my HTC Nexus One, we achieved a custom S-OFF known as Blackrose. Here is the thread if you want to check it out or contact the dev and see if s/he can help in any way possible:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1270589

Again, I am sorry if this helps none; just throwing something else out there.

Reactions: MadJoe

azzledazzle

Dec 12, 2010
XDA Sucks !
Well, you can flash anything you want to the hboot partition even if its not signed, as Reviewers demonstrated (it'll fail at boot). The signature is checked on boot, not when you're writing to the partition. (That may be what you're trying to say, I dunno) But I knew that when I was flashing and make sure it was signed first. The signature appears to be in the header of the hboot image, just below the versioning information.

You explained it better than me yes.. Thanks !

This isnt gonna be an easy job, But im sure its gonna happen soon..

Id be lying if i said i knew anything about it... Im my mind its easy lol, Just refer to a similar device, But my head is one massive fairytale land.

I have faith in the devs !! so keep trying and trying !! it will pay off soon :)

Reviewers

Mar 5, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
You explained it better than me yes.. Thanks !

This isnt gonna be an easy job, But im sure its gonna happen soon..

Id be lying if i said i knew anything about it... Im my mind its easy lol, Just refer to a similar device, But my head is one massive fairytale land.

I have faith in the devs !! so keep trying and trying !! it will pay off soon :)
Azzle PM me I have to tell you something good ;-)

Adam5400

Oct 9, 2010
Can someone check the contents of their mmcblk0p8? On the AT&T HTC One X board everyone's appears to be filled with stuff except for one person with S-OFF (His is zeroed out). Mine is also zeroed out, and I'm not sure if it's because of the different device or something else.

Reevine

May 8, 2012
Uji-shi, Kyoto
Can someone check the contents of their mmcblk0p8? On the AT&T HTC One X board everyone's appears to be filled with stuff except for one person with S-OFF (His is zeroed out). Mine is also zeroed out, and I'm not sure if it's because of the different device or something else.

Mine is also zeroed out. I'm not familiar with what the purpose of this file is for. What is the info from mmcblk0p8 used for?

Last edited:

Reviewers

Mar 5, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
how do you mean ?? How can you buy S-OFF ??

There's a tool I'm guessing a software tool the Chinese are willing to sell.
Problem is I'm not sure if its only a 1 time tool or for everybody .
If its for everybody we can all chip in $200 if its 1 let 1 person purchase S-OFF if you purchase it for $200 and it can be used multiple times release it.

Sent from my Ville

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    S-off is nearly release ready.

I need /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 from a qualcomm s3 variant, and a matching update.zip for each model that support is wanted for.
    Some of you guys are PM'ing me to help with S-OFF for the One S.

Will try to, when I get the One X done.
    Today we had a huge update.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1604300

Some of you with a USB Y-Cable should try to flash a .zip through sd-card.
    If that works, and I can modify a DIAG file, also for you S-OFF will come very fast.
    so now we know that s-off is not hardware related. a software is nedded to s-off , att HTC One XL confirmed that it can be s-off with that software, and since the att HTC One XL is almost the same phone as the HTC One S s4, S-off can be achived too.

i hope we get s-off soon but with patience :)
    Well, it's actually been confirmed that all modern HTC devices can use this exploit as long as they are running the S4, S3 or S4 pro processors. This even includes the dna and butterfly and likely the upcoming HTC One a.k.a. the M7. The exploit has not been released yet but has been shown to work, so sit tight and relax. If these devs are smart, and I know they are, they will not release the exploit until the One has been released so HTC cannot patch it.
    I have Riffbox now at home. Will make JIG for it, so until end of next week i could be ready.
    PS: I had S-OFF and tryed to get to S-Diag mode: But phone freezes and reboots into s-off.
    mmcblk0p23: "misc"
    mmcblk0p22: "recovery"
    mmcblk0p21: "boot"
    mmcblk0p33: "system"
    mmcblk0p30: "local"
    mmcblk0p34: "cache"
    mmcblk0p35: "userdata"
    mmcblk0p26: "devlog"
    mmcblk0p28: "pdata"
    mmcblk0p36: "fat"
    mmcblk0p31: "extra"
    mmcblk0p17: "radio"