[KITCHEN][WWE][20.03.2010]Windows Mobile 6.1 21056/20779 Kitchen for Raphael GSM

Search This thread

xboomer55

Dec 25, 2007
FYI:

Looks like the Media Player decoders on the AT&T test build (MediaOS packages) are buggy ... had to roll-back to the Official HTC version to prevent hard device crashes when playing back media such as video.

Cheers,

Been following your posts on this issue. I checked and had a WMP hard crash first time playing TouchPro.3gp but can't reproduce it again. Will probably roll back too.

I read an interesting thread about WMP natively supporting the QTV hardware, but coreplayer is also fine for me.

Yes. It seems that HTC did quietly include h/w support for .mp4 video, including h.264. Hands down, HTC Album and WMP are the two most powerful video playback apps for this format. Performance comparisons with other media playback apps is probably not worth the effort since they don't have access to the h/w. Album and WMP are the only apps that can play higher res (640x4xx) .mp4 (h.264) video podcasts that are increasingly common and targeted at iPod/iPhone, Zune v2 etc.

Last edited:

NotATreoFan

Moderator Emeritus
The files from 5.07 WWE are working great, but I'm having trouble with the new Rhodium Comm Manager. None of the new Bluetooth of Wi-Fi menus are showing up. :confused:

I tried cooking in the package posted here on XDA, but then the whole Comm Manager wouldn't work. I was able to get the main screen to function by installing the CAB posted here.

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
@NotATreoFan:

I've cooked the two Rhodium packages (incl. in 21042) and the Comm Manager in Settings and the Communications panel in TF3D seem to behave as expected.

What's version is Media Player reporting in the About box?

Appreciate the link to the new panels however; was looking for those "enhanced" panels ... I'll pull them down and give them a try - much nicer looking than the AT&T world globe.

Cheers,

NotATreoFan

Moderator Emeritus
@NotATreoFan:

I've cooked the two Rhodium packages (incl. in 21042) and the Comm Manager in Settings and the Communications panel in TF3D seem to behave as expected.

What's version is Media Player reporting in the About box?

Appreciate the link to the new panels however; was looking for those "enhanced" panels ... I'll pull them down and give them a try - much nicer looking than the AT&T world globe.

Cheers,

Windows Media Player 10 Mobile for Pocket PC - Version 10.3 Build 20764

RE: Comm Manager - The Comm Manager itself works, but the new settings pages for Bluetooth and Wi-Fi aren't working.

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
Looks like the core player components are the same ...

Yup, you're absolutely right ... hadn't realized they were missing.

:)

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
I wonder if we're missing some files that the new menus depend upon. Da_G, anyone?
The files are there, but the registry entries appear to have disappeared when I made a package out of the cab I found here on xda. But I know what those reg entries are:

HKLM\\Software\HTC\CommManager\1
if the only key there is "Default"="Phone",
then add key: "Execute"="CMPhone.exe" (that file should exist under \Windows - its part of the new Comm Manager cab)

HKLM\\Software\HTC\CommManager\2
if the only key there is "Default"="Bluetooth",
then add key: "Execute"="CMBluetooth.exe"

HKLM\\Software\HTC\CommManager\3
if the only key there is "Default"="WLAN",
then add key: "Execute"="WiFiNetwork.exe"

Those keys should get you the Phone Settings, Bluetooth, and WiFi menus from the Topaz (at least they're working for me after adding them).

xboomer55

Dec 25, 2007
Looks like the core player components are the same ...

I just did a hard reset. TouchPro.3gp crashes WMP on first attempt. All good after a soft reset. I am using MediaOS etc. from 21042. Don't know what it means. Just passing it on...

NotATreoFan

Moderator Emeritus
The files are there, but the registry entries appear to have disappeared when I made a package out of the cab I found here on xda. But I know what those reg entries are:

HKLM\\Software\HTC\CommManager\1
if the only key there is "Default"="Phone",
then add key: "Execute"="CMPhone.exe" (that file should exist under \Windows - its part of the new Comm Manager cab)

HKLM\\Software\HTC\CommManager\2
if the only key there is "Default"="Bluetooth",
then add key: "Execute"="CMBluetooth.exe"

HKLM\\Software\HTC\CommManager\3
if the only key there is "Default"="WLAN",
then add key: "Execute"="WiFiNetwork.exe"

Those keys should get you the Phone Settings, Bluetooth, and WiFi menus from the Topaz (at least they're working for me after adding them).

Those entries are all there... :confused:

-On Third Thought-

I realized that tapping on the Bluetooth section, away from the slider, brings up the new menu. But tapping Settings -> Bluetooth (or Wi-Fi) still brings up the old menus.

So it is working, just not as I expected. :)

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Those entries are all there... :confused:

-On Third Thought-

I realized that tapping on the Bluetooth section, away from the slider, brings up the new menu. But tapping Settings -> Bluetooth (or Wi-Fi) still brings up the old menus.

So it is working, just not as I expected. :)
As far as I know, that is how its supposed to work. You can actually remove the "Settings" soft key from the Comm Manager that links to the old menus by changing the key HKLM\\Software\HTC\CommManager\EmptyMenuBar from 0 to 1. That's how mine is set up.

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
I just did a hard reset. TouchPro.3gp crashes WMP on first attempt. All good after a soft reset. I am using MediaOS etc. from 21042. Don't know what it means. Just passing it on...

Was seeing the same thing happen; hard reset = hard crash on playback, soft reset = 50/50, power off/on = 50/50.

It's been stable since I rolled the packages back to the stock version (the ones from a few posts back).

Cheers,

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
Hi guys, i've just done some testing re: In Call Recording and it's ability to record both sides of the conversation, I posted about it in the "Raphael" forum, but since this kitchen includes the ICR and PhoneCanvas package I felt it worthy to post here:

Attached is the latest blackstone wavedev.dll, with ICR support. It's the key component to being able to hear both sides of the conversation in a recorded call... drop it in \oem\oemdrivers and cook away!

It may have some side effects (previously when we used a blackstone wavedev.dll it caused mp3 playlists to crash)

Hi Da_G,

Does this mean that the version currently in the kitchen does not support ICR? Or is this a newer version of the file?

*EDIT* Figured it out ... need the new .DLL to enable ICR - the one currently in the kitchen doesn't support ICR.

Cheers,

Last edited:

crazyC

Jul 25, 2006
Gravesend
I have tested ICR on my 21032 build and it records both sides (without adding anything). Dunno about mp3 playlists - haven't tried them as don't use them.
Will try and have a look.

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
Interesting; I couldn't get it to work on 21402 without adding the new 'wavedev.dll' :confused:

r.camies

Sep 7, 2007
Veenendaal
@Hilaireg:
Hi, Just a quick note. The issue with the headset and bluetooth we discussed a few pages back is in deed solved using the file you supplied from 5.05 stock.

I also can confirm that ICR works out of the 21042 kitchen without replacing the 'wavedev.dll' file. no problems recording both sides of the conversation.

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
Good to know ...

This is going to sound N00B'ish; would you mind giving me the step-by-step so that I can replicate? With the new 'wavedev.dll', I see a pink square box in the upper right-corner when I choose record from the menu - not seeing that with the "stock" (21042) version.

:confused:

On a separate note, I found a way to allow selection of the "stock" or "blackstone" version during cooking so both files will be available. I've also set the kitchen up to do the same for the Bluetooth and Rilphone.

If all goes well, I'm hoping to hand off the kitchen to Da_G so that he can post it up to the first thread ... afer he's taken it for a road test.

;)

Da_G

Inactive Senior RD / Moderator Emeritus
Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
pip pip, cheerio!

i wasn't able to get both sides of the caller recording working without this new wavedev.dll either, (in 6.5, but i know from past trials in 6.1 too)

maybe there's a hardware revision difference or somesuch?

when you guys test that, have you tested both handset, speaker, bluetooth to ensure it really is recording other side? not questioning your statements just want to be sure :)

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
Good point ... I only tested Headset. I'll have to test Bluetooth and Speakerphone.

Cheers,