How is your phone?

Search This thread

Chyrio

Jun 9, 2010
Hey guys I am so torn right now with choosing this device. I currently have sprint with a gnex, and am looking at the optimus g or the note 2. The only thing I'm torn about is developer support. I would like to know how things are on your phones as far as custom stuff. I know you can unlock the bootloader now which is huge but how is the jelly bean support for the sprint version so far?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda app-developers app

t1mman

Oct 8, 2008
Custom rom are slowly coming, currently there's support for CM10, AOKP and AOSP.

LG is also providing source code, so there's way for more in the future.

as for the JB support for the sprint, you can look in the LGOG Sprint section, people there will be more aware of this!

Dr. Mark

May 17, 2011
Don't try it. I did it for my OGEvo and things got ugly quickly!

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app

Chyrio

Jun 9, 2010
Custom rom are slowly coming, currently there's support for CM10, AOKP and AOSP.

LG is also providing source code, so there's way for more in the future.

as for the JB support for the sprint, you can look in the LGOG Sprint section, people there will be more aware of this!

There is aosp support? I haven't seen any is there a specific ROM your talking about?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

t1mman

Oct 8, 2008
I don't know, I don't have a sprint LGOG, so I'm not realy following the Dev's there!

Opacac

Jan 17, 2013
Calgary
I flashed onto AOSP, so far so good. Excellent battery life on my E971. Getting 1 hr more screen time and not as much Android OS usage compared to stock. So far im at 12 hours on battery with 1 hr 35min of screen time and only at 51%. Only problem is that I miss the notification light, but thats a small price to pay for the newest OS and excellent battery life :p

Matt James

Dec 20, 2010
Atlanta
Gotta be honest with you....I absolutely LOVE this phone and dont think I'm ever going to root it. No need...its fast as all ****ing hell and the software works great. I've been rooting flashing ROM's on my past 2 phones for years and I'm kind of over it....at least for now :p Yeah the advantages are great but the cons are also a pain in the ass. Camera's that only half work, almost endless amounts of bugs, etc. Not to mention LG is rolling out JB as we speak.

As for how the phone is....its FASTTTTTT. I destroyed my girlfriends S3 in Quadrant and its eaten up everything I've put thrown at it (games, multitasking with apps, etc) with ease.

scoobydooby

Apr 8, 2011
Vancouver
/\ thats great that you find it fast, I did too when I was using stock ics.. then I flased the JB rom and its no doubt faster over stock.. way more snappy.. like noticibly more as well as better battery life to boot..
Glad that I went to the trouble tbh, this rom beats stock ics by a loooong shot
Considering that everything works (at least for me it does) it was well worth the effort to install it..

Last edited:

Matt James

Dec 20, 2010
Atlanta
I have no doubt that JB is faster on this than ICS but I'm just gonna hold out for the official, stock JB update. It'll be here in the states in a month or so.

headshot21

Nov 25, 2010
I loved my og... key word, loved..

Dropped it in water. :crying: gotta pay 150 to get a new one with telus..

ibleo02

Sep 22, 2008
Texas
Just got my LS970 from Sprint. I have LTE in my area so that's awesome. ICS on this phone is a little laggy. It's not as smooth as one would expect, especially scrolling through web pages with a lot of pictures. Even the FB, Twitter, and G+ plus apps tend to lag as you scroll through pics. Other than that this thing is solid. I'm liking it so far but i can't wait for the Jelly Bean update.

LNJ

Oct 7, 2007
Just got my LS970 from Sprint. I have LTE in my area so that's awesome. ICS on this phone is a little laggy. It's not as smooth as one would expect, especially scrolling through web pages with a lot of pictures. Even the FB, Twitter, and G+ plus apps tend to lag as you scroll through pics. Other than that this thing is solid. I'm liking it so far but i can't wait for the Jelly Bean update.

Must be a Sprint firmware issue. No such ICS issues on GSM versions.

LG Optimus G E971

Reactions: ibleo02

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Must be a Sprint firmware issue. No such ICS issues on GSM versions.

LG Optimus G E971