I bricked my phone please help

Search This thread

motiam4

Feb 17, 2007
Hello,my phone was on stock 4.3,I tried to flash the 4.4.2 ota manually from stock recovery but it fails every time,I decided to take the firmware from ota package and flash it using fastboot,after updating firmware my phone now only stock at htc logo and black screen,it goes into fastboot mode but nothing helped out.because it's S-ON AND BOOTLOADER LOCKED.Is there any way to get it back other than waiting to the signed 4.4.2 RUU?

THANK YOU.

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
Hello,my phone was on stock 4.3,I tried to flash the 4.4.2 ota manually from stock recovery but it fails every time,I decided to take the firmware from ota package and flash it using fastboot,after updating firmware my phone now only stock at htc logo and black screen,it goes into fastboot mode but nothing helped out.because it's S-ON AND BOOTLOADER LOCKED.Is there any way to get it back other than waiting to the signed 4.4.2 RUU?

THANK YOU.

Since flashing the firmware have you tried going into stock recovery and flashing the ota again?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
sure I did,but it says Invalid argument when pressing choose from phone storage or sdcard and reboot !!!
http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1937112

Your phone is not bricked, it is currently "soft" bricked.
A brick means your phone is, simply that, a brick, does nothing..

Anyway, since you are S-ON, and no signed RUU, I am not sure there is too much you can do.

Some back info.
Were you ever S-OFF?

Did it set you back to S-ON when you "decided to take the firmware from ota package and flash it using fastboot"?

All information can remember always helps, hope there is a light at the end of your tunnel. At worst, since bootloader is locked and S-ON, I would personally, get a refurb. Unfortunately seems the only way as no singed RUU exists ATM.

Last edited:

motiam4

Feb 17, 2007
http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1937112

Your phone is not bricked, it is currently "soft" bricked.
A brick means your phone is, simply that, a brick, does nothing..

Anyway, since you are S-ON, and no signed RUU, I am not sure there is too much you can do.

Some back info.
Were you ever S-OFF?

Did it set you back to S-ON when you "decided to take the firmware from ota package and flash it using fastboot"?

All information can remember always helps, hope there is a light at the end of your tunnel. At worst, since bootloader is locked and S-ON, I would personally, get a refurb. Unfortunately seems the only way as no singed RUU exists ATM.
unfortunately I never was S-OFF,I was S-ON when I flash the firmware,thank you for your help anyway.waiting for the ruu

BranC85

May 19, 2014

THANK YOU.

This might be a dumb question but you have tried doing the factory reset from the stock bootloader? Since you say you can get into fastboot, you can get to that option?