[Q] What recovery do I use?

Search This thread

jaed.43725

Nov 2, 2011
USA
If I am trying to put on either ClockworkMod or TeamWin which of those recoveries would I use on an Atrix 2?
For CWM would I use the Atrix 4G or the Atrix HD?
With TWRP will the 2.7 for the Atrix 4G work?

I ask because the link for the one somebody made in the dev section is dead.

XploitMachine

May 28, 2012
Mumbai
Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus)
If I am trying to put on either ClockworkMod or TeamWin which of those recoveries would I use on an Atrix 2?

For Atrix 2 (MB865), on Android 4.0+, BootMenu Manager is the best recovery.

Sorry, but no idea about recoveries for the other two phones.

jaed.43725

Nov 2, 2011
USA
Ya. The phones dead. It was my brothers. The BMM did work though up until it would not load another ROM. I am giving my brother my S3 which is so much better. Motorola has had issue upon issue keeping their stuff locked up.

nexusbandit

Oct 9, 2013
Install from Play Store..

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Can you restore your phone using this app if you can't boot it back up from say a unwanted ROM like you can with twrp? Sorry for all the questions but I'm used to doing nexus phones which has a ton of things available if you flash something wrong.I can do anything with a Samsung phone but I'm new to motorola

Sent from my Z993 using XDA Free mobile app

nexusbandit

Oct 9, 2013
Just use system 3 and beyond and you will be OK....stock ROM will always be there unless you touch sys 1 and 2

Sent from my ATT Samsung Galaxy SIII using TapaTalk
How do you remove an unwanted rom? Right now I am playing with slimkat which so far is pretty stable..it dont have the features i like but its stable as heck..its on system 3 ..also do i need to back up my stock os as long as i dont install a rom on system 1 and two? Stock is always there as long as i only put roms on 3 on right?

Sent from my MB865 using XDA Free mobile app

crazymonkey05

Apr 1, 2012
stilwell, OK
How do you remove an unwanted rom? Right now I am playing with slimkat which so far is pretty stable..it dont have the features i like but its stable as heck..its on system 3 ..also do i need to back up my stock os as long as i dont install a rom on system 1 and two? Stock is always there as long as i only put roms on 3 on right?

I would back up just in case but yes if you leave sys 1 and 2 alone nothing should happen to them......and to overwrite slimkat just format the system its on and the standard factory reset (format /data /cache /delvick) and you should be OK for a new ROM on that system

Last edited:
Reactions: nexusbandit

nexusbandit

Oct 9, 2013
I would back up just in case but yes if you leave sys 1 and 2 alone nothing should happen to them......and to overwrite slimkat just format the system its on and the standard factory reset (format /data /cache /delvick) and you should be OK for a new ROM on that system

Is there any roms that actually support 4g? I have tried several and not one has the 4g setting under network settings

crazymonkey05

Apr 1, 2012
stilwell, OK
I don't know.....I don't own a atrix 2 my brother does and he does not use the cell service on it so I don't know.....and also if you overwrite a ROM you may have to destroy the system you want to put it on...in my experience just formating leads to system uid errors and crashes

Reactions: nexusbandit

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

For Atrix 2 (MB865), on Android 4.0+, BootMenu Manager is the best recovery.

Sorry, but no idea about recoveries for the other two phones.
    Where do I find the boot menu manager your talking about for my mb865 att 4.0.4 atrix2 and how do I install it?

Sent from mb865 using XDA Free mobile app

Install from Play Store..

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2
    Just use system 3 and beyond and you will be OK....stock ROM will always be there unless you touch sys 1 and 2

I don't know.....I don't own a atrix 2 my brother does and he does not use the cell service on it so I don't know.....and also if you overwrite a ROM you may have to destroy the system you want to put it on...in my experience just formating leads to system uid errors and crashes