[Q] What sould I do?

Search This thread

nhatduongchi

Oct 20, 2010
My wife handed me down her HTC M8 (Tmobile) 'cause she jemped to LG G3. The phone currently has 1.57.531.7 and it's flashing new update from HTC or Tmobile for a new update 2.22 something.

I want to root the phone and put custom ROM on it. So my question is should I stay on the old firmware and do all that or should I take the update and then start to play around with the phone. Does the new firmware present any trouble if I try to unblock bootloader, root, S-off and put on new ROM?? I'm no stranger to play around with the phone (My current phone is Samsung S4 which has been flashed with many ROMs) just that I haven't followed HTC M8 scene so has no idea the best way to go about it.

Thank guys :)

S1L3nTShaDoWz

Dec 25, 2013
My wife handed me down her HTC M8 (Tmobile) 'cause she jemped to LG G3. The phone currently has 1.57.531.7 and it's flashing new update from HTC or Tmobile for a new update 2.22 something.

I want to root the phone and put custom ROM on it. So my question is should I stay on the old firmware and do all that or should I take the update and then start to play around with the phone. Does the new firmware present any trouble if I try to unblock bootloader, root, S-off and put on new ROM?? I'm no stranger to play around with the phone (My current phone is Samsung S4 which has been flashed with many ROMs) just that I haven't followed HTC M8 scene so has no idea the best way to go about it.

Thank guys :)

It won't effect anything but as always it's best to do all of that before you update. All though once you're S-OFF you can't do updates from HTC anymore (directly). You can flash them yourself once you're S-OFF though, i prefer doing it this way but either way will work, your choice.