Moonshine S-OFF for HTC First

Search This thread

chrisliphart

Apr 7, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Will this work on JMZ's Sense ROM, since it's stock-based? Also, does this wipe the phone like what happens when you unlock the bootloader?

EDIT:
Never mind! Answered my own question by being over-excited and impatient. Yes, it'll work on JMZ's Sense ROM, and no, it doesn't wipe anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zarboz

RCon227

Jul 17, 2012
I noticed that the zip says 1.08 and I never did the update. Will this work if I'm still running on 1.05 or do I need to find a way to get the 1.08 update first?

steezee

Aug 5, 2008
I noticed that the zip says 1.08 and I never did the update. Will this work if I'm still running on 1.05 or do I need to find a way to get the 1.08 update first?

They say it's not supported, it seems like the previous poster had luck using a different ROM but I would do the update just incase, I believe you want to have the proper version of Hboot and other things like that for this to work properly... Better safe than sorry

Reactions: RCon227

RCon227

Jul 17, 2012
They say it's not supported, it seems like the previous poster had luck using a different ROM but I would do the update just incase, I believe you want to have the proper version of Hboot and other things like that for this to work properly... Better safe than sorry

Thanks. I figured I'd probably have to do so. When I had the One X I flashed over a different version of Hboot and got lucky that it still worked but yeah, I'd much rather be safe than sorry.

chrisliphart

Apr 7, 2010
Atlanta, GA

JMZ's Sense ROM is based on 1.08, which is why it worked. I agree that I wouldn't try to do it on 1.05.

HarryCustom

Dec 26, 2007
JMZ's Sense ROM is based on 1.08, which is why it worked. I agree that I wouldn't try to do it on 1.05.

My experience: tried with JMZ three times but the first time the dos prompt closed itself, the second and third cmd said that there was a problem with adb connection. Rechecked instructions and I've noticed that they say "Ensure that lock screen security is disabled on your device", so I've tried to disable it, but the ring is always active even if i select none.
At this point I have restored a Nandroid backup of the stock rom and tryed again and it has worked like a charm! :good:

RCon227

Jul 17, 2012
So, I've tried to run this twice now and both times I've gotten to a point after "Test 3: Rebooting into bootloader" it starts running through a bunch of dots.

Ex.

And it just keeps going on and on. Is it supposed to be doing that or have a I messed up somewhere along the way?

kornklown69

Jan 21, 2011
Springfield, Missouri
anyone bored and want to walk me through this on Ubuntu for some reason when i try to execute distiller it doesn't find distiller.

Sent from my HTC first using xda premium

jonslice

Dec 7, 2010
So, I've tried to run this twice now and both times I've gotten to a point after "Test 3: Rebooting into bootloader" it starts running through a bunch of dots.

Ex.

And it just keeps going on and on. Is it supposed to be doing that or have a I messed up somewhere along the way?

I'm getting the same thing.

Anyone have any ideas? How long is the process supposed to take?

Edit: stock, rooted 1.08

Sent from my HTC first using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Moonshine is now available for the HTC First.

http://moonshine.io/

For support please go to our IRC support channel #moonshiners on the freenode network.
    Confirmed working. I was the guinea pig :)

This also causes system write protection to be disabled.
    Will this work on JMZ's Sense ROM, since it's stock-based? Also, does this wipe the phone like what happens when you unlock the bootloader?

EDIT:
    Never mind! Answered my own question by being over-excited and impatient. Yes, it'll work on JMZ's Sense ROM, and no, it doesn't wipe anything.

Removes system write protection? So I can delete system/app files?

Yes

Sent from my HTC first using xda premium