Please HELP!!! Running out of time!!!

Search This thread

Ibkevin

Jan 1, 2013
Wyoming
I'm supposed to be leaving to trade this phone in like twenty minutes and I've been literally awake all night trying to factory reset in Odin but no matter what every tar file I throw at it fails!!??? I've tried MJE firmware, NC4 firmware, I've used Odin before and have reset a phone before, but idk for the life of me why I can't get my Verizon Note 3 factory reset!!!

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

cam1pbell

Apr 17, 2008
I'm supposed to be leaving to trade this phone in like twenty minutes and I've been literally awake all night trying to factory reset in Odin but no matter what every tar file I throw at it fails!!??? I've tried MJE firmware, NC4 firmware, I've used Odin before and have reset a phone before, but idk for the life of me why I can't get my Verizon Note 3 factory reset!!!

Did you try the pit file in Odin?

Sent From My SM-N900V Developer Addition

Ibkevin

Jan 1, 2013
Wyoming
Did you try the pit file in Odin?

I'm not 100% sure I know what the pit file is? I tried Odin version 3.9 I believe, it's the latest one, and I tried version 3.5. Both with 2 different downloads of MJE. And also with the latest kit kat NC4, which I know I lose root with.

Ibkevin

Jan 1, 2013
Wyoming
I just keep getting fail every time. That or I'll get md5 binary invalid. I've tried renaming the zip files cause I read if you take the md5 off the end and rename to. Tar it would work but it still fails.

cam1pbell

Apr 17, 2008
I'm not 100% sure I know what the pit file is? I tried Odin version 3.9 I believe, it's the latest one, and I tried version 3.5. Both with 2 different downloads of MJE. And also with the latest kit kat NC4, which I know I lose root with.

I think you can find the pit file here . http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2528707..... I've lock mine up before and all you need to do is flash the pit in Odin and it should reboot

Ibkevin

Jan 1, 2013
Wyoming
Well I'm downloading it now but it's going super slow. Idk if xda is having server issues or what but every link I downloaded all night long took longer than normal. And I know it's not my computer cause it's brand new almost.

Ibkevin

Jan 1, 2013
Wyoming

Ibkevin

Jan 1, 2013
Wyoming
I should probably mention the one thing I did do was I kind of used kingo to unroot it thinking it was going to factory reset it afterwards or at least give me the chance to, but all it did was say root was removed. I was still on the leaked NC2 build though so that's when I started trying Odin and the firmware zips. Idk if this could be reason why? Like I said I am in download mode but my info reads as follows now... PRODUCT NAME: Sm-N900v, current binary:Samsung official, Knox kernel lock 0x0, qualcomm secure boot enabled, write protection: enabled.Udc Start, Unsupport dev_type.

haza12d

Nov 14, 2007
Gotham
Following any of those links should put you back to stock. Is your phone recognized in Odin?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Ibkevin

Jan 1, 2013
Wyoming
Following any of those links should put you back to stock. Is your phone recognized in Odin?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Yeah that's the thing. The phone is recognized. I've done this before just not with this phone. I cant figure out what I'm doing wrong or why it's failing. It's driving me nuts.

Ibkevin

Jan 1, 2013
Wyoming
Ok so I just unzipped one of the kit kat firmwares I had downloaded and after I extracted it I ended up with 2 files this time, ones a Tar file and the other is MD5 file. Which one do I try in Odin? All other firmwares I downloaded were one file.

cam1pbell

Apr 17, 2008
Reactions: Ibkevin

Ibkevin

Jan 1, 2013
Wyoming
Ok here goes nothing again. Fingers crossed. This has been all night literally.

Well that one flashed and said successful and my phone rebooted but I'm back to exactly how my phone was with root only I have no root. I still have the 4x4 S5 launcher, even my notification shade is still like the S5 and that was using an xsposed module which u need root for. I still have safestrap recovery as well. Though I haven't tried booting into it. This is weird. What would u suggest I do?

cam1pbell

Apr 17, 2008
Well that one flashed and said successful and my phone rebooted but I'm back to exactly how my phone was with root only I have no root. I still have the 4x4 S5 launcher, even my notification shade is still like the S5 and that was using an xsposed module which u need root for. I still have safestrap recovery as well. Though I haven't tried booting into it. This is weird. What would u suggest I do?

Now just reinstall nc2 rom because it is loaded with root. Then you will have to go find whatever the latest firmware you had and install in Oden to return to stock. I know it's a long pain in the ###. I'm glad it rebooted. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2726558

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

You might try downloading super user from the play store. Sometimes you still have root but no su.

Reactions: Ibkevin

Ibkevin

Jan 1, 2013
Wyoming
Now just reinstall nc2 rom because it is loaded with root. Then you will have to go find whatever the latest firmware you had and install in Oden to return to stock. I know it's a long pain in the ###. I'm glad it rebooted. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2726558

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

You might try downloading super user from the play store. Sometimes you still have root but no su.

A super big thank you to you man! I wish I could give ya more than a thank you but things r tight for myself at the moment. But honestly I can't thank u enough bro. Your help means a lot. I posted a thread last night asking for help and it had like 46 views and not one response so really thank you bro!

Reactions: cam1pbell

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok so I just unzipped one of the kit kat firmwares I had downloaded and after I extracted it I ended up with 2 files this time, ones a Tar file and the other is MD5 file. Which one do I try in Odin? All other firmwares I downloaded were one file.

Just the tar. From here. http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407588081

A super big thank you to you man! I wish I could give ya more than a thank you but things r tight for myself at the moment. But honestly I can't thank u enough bro. Your help means a lot. I posted a thread last night asking for help and it had like 46 views and not one response so really thank you bro!