[Q] How do I go from 4.4.2 stock (unrooted) to Cyanogenmod?

Search This thread

dcat52

Jun 11, 2014
So I see so many threads about the difficulties about the S4 and whatnot, such as compatibility with Roms... However, I see no mention of Cyanogenmod anywhere. How would I go from stock 4.4.2 to CM?

I understand that Cyanogenmod has this page (can't post links... but I Googled "cyanogenmod galaxy s4 verizon" and chose link to Building CM for S4) but will that work with the 4.4.2?
If that is not what I am looking for, I understand they have nightly and stable builds here (Googled same as above, but chose the CM downloads page [1st one listed for me]).

Just want to make sure I don't brick/screw up my phone :)

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
You can't get CM on your phone. Read the stickies they explain what you can and can't do with this phone because of the locked bootloader

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

dcat52

Jun 11, 2014
Ok

You can't get CM on your phone. Read the stickies they explain what you can and can't do with this phone because of the locked bootloader

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

Thanks anyways.

I messed with root a while ago but was stupid and started taking the updates... I still have the Unlocked Padlock with Custom written. Does that mean anything?

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
Thanks anyways.

I messed with root a while ago but was stupid and started taking the updates... I still have the Unlocked Padlock with Custom written. Does that mean anything?

please do some reading...if your phone has firmware later than MDK....you CAN'T go to CM or ASOP based ROMS....

we have stickies here for good darn reasons so users don't turn their phones into a paperweight...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2606501

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Thanks anyways.

If you can manage getting your phone rooted again you can use the app Tri Angle Away to get rid of that silly Custom screen that hangs at boot. I hate that screen!

That screen just means that your phone has found files that have been altered and no longer stock... So it pops up with that.

It's very annoying for us on MDK as it can sometimes make getting into recovery a pain.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Adam_NCNN

Sep 2, 2009
If you can manage getting your phone rooted again you can use the app Tri Angle Away to get rid of that silly Custom screen that hangs at boot. I hate that screen!

That screen just means that your phone has found files that have been altered and no longer stock... So it pops up with that.

It's very annoying for us on MDK as it can sometimes make getting into recovery a pain.

Triangle Away doesn't work on locked bootloaders on the S4 does it?

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma

It works. I'm on a Verizon S4 myself. I have the MDK bootloader however... Someone on a later bootloader will have to confirm if the Flash Counter can be reset.... I know it can definitely run the Periodic System Check for all our Verizon S4's.

ffchampmt

Dec 27, 2013
Montana
I use WanamXposed to remove it, it's an option under "Security Hacks". You have to be rooted and install the Xposed Framework. I can say for a fact this does NOT trip the Knox counter, and works on JB(MJ7 & MK2) and KK(NC5) bootloaders.

Sent from Tapatalk on my rooted Verizon NC5 Galaxy S4

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
I use WanamXposed to remove it, it's an option under "Security Hacks". You have to be rooted and install the Xposed Framework. I can say for a fact this does NOT trip the Knox counter, and works on JB(MJ7 & MK2) and KK(NC5) bootloaders.

Yeah he's stock 4.4.2 though... only way he could use Wanam to get rid of the custom splash screen is to run a rooted custom rom haha.

Reactions: ffchampmt

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yeah he's stock 4.4.2 though... only way he could use Wanam to get rid of the custom splash screen is to run a rooted custom rom haha.