HX4700 WM6.1 ROMs

Search This thread

ddetty

Oct 4, 2007
Alkor ROM 21054

Thanks dpdurst for the link for the new ROM. Installed just fine and having the tool for setting the pagepool size is pretty convenient. I'm still trying to understand the best setting for pagepool size. I installed with pagepool set to 0. That might be creating an issue with trying to install Calligrapher 8.7. Calligrapher reports installing fine but won't run. Only the default input methods are available. Anyone else having similar problems.

Dave
hx4700 128M Alkor 21054

Dickster

Jun 10, 2007
Thanks dpdurst for the link for the new ROM. Installed just fine and having the tool for setting the pagepool size is pretty convenient. I'm still trying to understand the best setting for pagepool size. I installed with pagepool set to 0. That might be creating an issue with trying to install Calligrapher 8.7. Calligrapher reports installing fine but won't run. Only the default input methods are available. Anyone else having similar problems.

Dave
hx4700 128M Alkor 21054

Why set the pagepool so low. If I understand correct you have updated your device to 128 RAM.

I did not verify, but I thought elsewhere in this topic 4MB was recommended for 64MB devices and 8MB for 128MBdevices.

I would try the 8MB pagepool as I guess free ram is not the issue with a 128MB device.

Though i do not have a solution for your problem with Calligrapher 8.7.

ddetty

Oct 4, 2007
Why set the pagepool so low. If I understand correct you have updated your device to 128 RAM.

I did not verify, but I thought elsewhere in this topic 4MB was recommended for 64MB devices and 8MB for 128MBdevices.

I would try the 8MB pagepool as I guess free ram is not the issue with a 128MB device.

Though i do not have a solution for your problem with Calligrapher 8.7.

Pagepool was set to zero to test the so-called dynamic pagepool and hopefully mitigate the filesys.exe slowdown. I don't see any difference in speed with 0, 8, or even 16MB. I'm still testing to see if the filesys impact is reduced.

Also, changing the pagepool size did not help my Calligrapher problem. Installation reports install was ok, but it doesn't work.

Dave
HP 4700 128MB: 1GSD, 2GCF Alkor 21054.1.1.1
Ilium eWallet, ListPro and Power Tap; Olive Tree Bible Reader, Pocket Informant; Pocket Quicken; Opera 10; Calc98; eReader

coruscate

Jun 19, 2007
TKIP problems, used old work around

Had WPA TKIP problems, followed this old workaround:

Enable WIFI.
Wait For WIFI To Start The Connection Process.
Disable WIFI.
Enable Wifi Again.
Now My Wireless Connects And Works.

coruscate

DavidinCT

Jun 2, 2006
Someplace in CT
WM 6.1 CE OS 5.2.20764 : Official Style , ported from hTC Diamond ROM.
4 MB PP
http://rapidshare.com/files/189454772/4700_20764.rar

WM 6.5 CE OS 5.2.21339 build 21139.5.0.0 ported from sun_dream BA WM6.5 Beta
4 MB PP
I don't know it's fake or not, try it yourself.
Details here : ROM: มาแล้ว Hx 4700 WM 6.5 OS 5.2.21139 Build 21139.5.0.0 Clean !!!
Download : http://rapidshare.com/files/190180185/4700_6.5.rar

vivi

Does anyone still have access to the WM 6.5 rom for the HX4700 ? Is anyone running it or is there a updated version ? I really want to be running 6.5 on this awsome PDA...

Aviamaster

Jun 23, 2009
After installing Alkor ROM build 21054 my WiFi not working properly. For few seconds I've got a avaliable my WiFi network with strong signal and then these network is unavailable.
I removed WiFi profile, and reset device, e.t.c...and nothing.

fonville

Dec 30, 2009
Loaded several ROMs on my hx4700 on Monday. Settled on the Alkor 21054 ROM. It is noticeably faster and I haven't hit a single issue with it.

chapito

May 12, 2007
After installing Alkor ROM build 21054 my WiFi not working properly. For few seconds I've got a avaliable my WiFi network with strong signal and then these network is unavailable.
I removed WiFi profile, and reset device, e.t.c...and nothing.

Hello
I had the same problem with my WIFI network once the IPAQ updated with the new ROM Alkor 21054.
I have a WIFI network to WEP 128bit and I worked I had to use the patch from "lygeros" published in:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=485486&page=5
post 46 (Wifi_fix.zip)
There are two files to import into the registry of the IPAQ.
I hope you too will work.
A greeting.

coruscate

Jun 19, 2007
WPA PSK TKIP not working

I need a better solution to my WPA PSK access problems.

My workaround to turn off and then turn on is no longer working
Lyger's reg files didn't help.
I remember someone having a DLL patch work.
I thought I remembered Sanjay's ROM working with WPA PSK (1)
I have tried searching the thread, but it doesn't return entries even with words I know exist.
Any suggestions on getting the new Alkor 6.5 rom to work with WPA PSK would be greatly appreciated :)

Also, PDA Viet splash screen shows on startup before the Alkor splash, so I'll attempt going back to OEM WM 5 and then back to Alkor.

Cheers!

chapito

May 12, 2007
I need a better solution to my WPA PSK access problems.

My workaround to turn off and then turn on is no longer working
Lyger's reg files didn't help.
I remember someone having a DLL patch work.
I thought I remembered Sanjay's ROM working with WPA PSK (1)
I have tried searching the thread, but it doesn't return entries even with words I know exist.
Any suggestions on getting the new Alkor 6.5 rom to work with WPA PSK would be greatly appreciated :)

Also, PDA Viet splash screen shows on startup before the Alkor splash, so I'll attempt going back to OEM WM 5 and then back to Alkor.

Cheers!

Then I leave the program developed by Vagus rede wireless to connect to WPA-PSK.
I have not been tested since I do not have this type of wireless networks.
I hope that you find helpful.
A greeting.

Tondo1

Sep 15, 2009
Unable to upgrade the ROM

I have upgraded the HX4700 ROM several time in the past with a Windows XP PC.

Now I have a Windows 7 64bit machine and, after the launch of the BootLoader_GUI.exe and the selection of the new 21054 Alkor ROM, every time I receive the following error message:

\\.\WCEUSBSH001 port can not open

and the process stops.

Can someone kindly help me?

Thank you in advance!!

MannyMania

Sep 15, 2007
Off to PPCTechs!!!!!

I installed the New Alkor rom and it's NICE!! I've been battleing with the idea of upgrading the ram for a while and I'm getting it done. It shipped today. Can't wait to get it back, slap on SPB shell 3.5, Igo, running voice gsm (I gotta Audiovox rtm-8000), and it all run be running fast with ram left to spare!!

Hey.... any cookers out there runing 128mb that could bring us a WM6.5 for the 4700!!!

Cheers!!!

chapito

May 12, 2007
Some screens of 6.5 on 4700 http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=70688&view=findpost&p=3908657 ;)
And if someone wanna see it on device i post link for "Alpha" on "Test versions" (Тестовые версии)

Hello Alkor.
Very. very, very interesting this contribution in the ROM's for the hx4700.
I thought nobody could not "cooking" a WM6.5 ROM.:eek::D
A few questions.
"I see that the ROM is in Russian. For when the English version.:(
"The ROM is for IPAQ's with 128 or 64 Mb:confused:
A greeting.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    maybe not... you can use from vista.... but i think you ave to do it from safe mode... there are several threads around about flashing from vista...

check out www.mobilitysite.com

there is a lot of info there and there is still a subforum for the 4700.... i used the same username there as i have here....