Custom Kernel Devs

Search This thread

MKD73

Feb 3, 2011
Milton Keynes
Google Pixel 7
Seems its gone quiet on the rom/updates for most cookers :), this prob because they are all at work on a new custom kernel for their roms like j, WB etc , what goodies will be activated by them and what release kernel will you be using ? as i see on freexperia hub both the .29 and 32 have been worked on? , will you all be dropping froyo and jumping straight to Gingerbread ? i like GB but for some reason i like froyo better WB v5 with custom .32 rom would be top notch

Mark

a2ha

Oct 3, 2010
The only thing everyone wants is 16m colors and 30+ fps. Noone wants new stupid boot animation. :)

-Justas

soldiers33

Nov 28, 2009
yep. I dont mind much for the fps cap but its probably cause I dont know what im missing. The most important to me is 16m colours.

Flo95

Oct 31, 2010
The important things for me are removed fps cap and overclocking.

Sent from my X10i using XDA Premium App

kultus

Jul 7, 2007
And what about higher speaker volume and incall volume hack ;)

Sent from my X10i using XDA App

CMoney87

Jan 23, 2011
I don't think the call volume is necessarily because of the kernel. Its not a problem for a lot of people, it seems to be a regional problem. There are volume hacks available already but I don't know for certain they work for in call volume.

kultus

Jul 7, 2007
Regional or not its problem for many people so why not...and as I know all sound hacks works only on hacked devices...correct me if Im wrong...

...another thing is NO exposure correction (+- EV) for 2.2+ camera and until now nobody answered me if we will have it on new ROMs as we already have on 2.1 stock camera...maybe Arc cam port will help...do somebody know why noone port Arc camera apk to X10? Just a question because Arc firmware is here in XDA for a long time...

kultus

Jul 7, 2007
Great news I ll check it and wait for some stable ROM THX

chaurjyh

Oct 30, 2010
i'm very very sure there are a few things ppl NEED in a custom kernel:

1. FPS cap removal
2. 16mil colours
3. UNDERVOLT to save battery
4. tethering

Teio

Sep 27, 2009
London
Plus, it open doors to Cyanogen and MIUI teams to develop a version of their roms specifically optimized to our x10...

Also the possibility to port Sense Roms for those who like it, as jerpelea has tried unsuccessfully in the past...

And the possibility to develop optimized kernels, which will improve roms stability and speed...

Just look at G1 development section and you will see that there are some kernels that runs faster and better than anothers...

Findee

Jun 10, 2010
Melbourne
Well, fps cap doesn't really bother me. Considering the human eye can't see past 24fps and I don't really play any games to have seen the fps drop down to it being noticeable (except when the phone lags of course).

Windst

Jan 25, 2011
Atlanta
Human eye can percieve Much more than 24fps. 24 is a basis for smooth effects. 32 is generally the smooth media standard. Its a theory like gravity. Z"tests" have shown human eyes seeing past 60-100. Due to ram and higher fps would smoothen and speed up our phones. Much less lag. Better response time.

JoeBananas_

Jan 10, 2011
^just what i wanted to post :D

is it even possible to change to kernel so we have 16m colours? can our screen do that?

Lofwyr

Dec 9, 2010
Well, fps cap doesn't really bother me. Considering the human eye can't see past 24fps and I don't really play any games to have seen the fps drop down to it being noticeable (except when the phone lags of course).

Try using Z's custom kernel for 2.1 at least once (or just compare the smoothness of scrooling menus and screens on iPhone and Xperia X10)... the removal of the 32fps cap do a hell of a difference. First time i´ve tryed i -> :eek::eek::eek:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    getting rid of fps cap = +30

getting 32bit color = 2x as much work for the gpu..... = battery death....

16bit live with it ... it more than fine.

Sent using sub space burst.
    More than fps cap, i feel 16M colors is what I really miss. Live streaming of cricket and football looks so great on my friend's HTC :(
    Wish devs can get this one on custom kernel :) waiting badly!!

You know what works better than 16 mil colors? Try removing the factory screen protector. You won't believe the difference in clarity and responsiveness. The screen is made of hardened mineral glass, so it is very scratch resistant. Use a razor blade to pick up the corner of the thick scratched up factory screen protector.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1031873