[Discussion]HTC One S [S-OFF]

Search This thread

troby86

Sep 27, 2008
Texas
I already sent him the T-Mobile 2.35 update and my mmcblk0p3...now we wait I guess...

Sent from my One S using xda app-developers app

Reactions: blackwing182

blackwing182

Nov 21, 2010
Naranjito P.R
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9
so now we know that s-off is not hardware related. a software is nedded to s-off , att HTC One XL confirmed that it can be s-off with that software, and since the att HTC One XL is almost the same phone as the HTC One S s4, S-off can be achived too.

i hope we get s-off soon but with patience :)

eminembdg

Jan 10, 2008
Philly
Glad I could at least get you guys in contact with the ones who can assist with this software!

Guess we wait and see!

Sent from my One S using Tapatalk 2

Behold_this

Jul 15, 2011
Las Vegas
so now we know that s-off is not hardware related. a software is nedded to s-off , att HTC One XL confirmed that it can be s-off with that software, and since the att HTC One XL is almost the same phone as the HTC One S s4, S-off can be achived too.

Well, it's actually been confirmed that all modern HTC devices can use this exploit as long as they are running the S4, S3 or S4 pro processors. This even includes the dna and butterfly and likely the upcoming HTC One a.k.a. the M7. The exploit has not been released yet but has been shown to work, so sit tight and relax. If these devs are smart, and I know they are, they will not release the exploit until the One has been released so HTC cannot patch it.

Last edited:

afkfurby

Dec 8, 2010
Zurich
www.afkstudios.org
was the hboot an older version? i brivcked my one x in a similar manner. i do not think the prollem is "full" or "partial" s off,but more an issue of the old eng hboots doing some sort of check that causes them to freek out and put the processor in a do not boot mode.

in my case,old eng hboot flashed fine. booted fine when i rebooted bootloader. flashed back to stock newer hboot,wich flashed fine. rebooted bootloader and it turned off and was done. i think the eng hboot may have been checking for some matching firmware,and i may have been able to get away from it by flashing a full signed ruu,rather than just the unsigned(tho stock) hboot.

the other possibility is that the eng hboot checks for a flag somewhere that this is an eng device,and when it doesnt find it,it freaks out,puts the processor in "do not boot" mode

i just got my one s back from mobile rech videos. it is s off,and does not seem to have any limitations,sans maybe flashing old eng bootloaders.ive learned my lesson there,im not messing with them again. we should be able to run newer,patched hboots just fine,however,with any kind of s off.

i dumped partition mmcblk0p3 before and after the s off process. the main visual difference is at 0x8400 the "03" changes to "00" for s off. i can upload those partitions if you guys want them,but i dont think youll find much of anything useful. the HOXL guys spent alot of time looking at this,and theres really no way to utilize QHUSB_dload mode to write mmcblk0p3, it is still write protected there,and signiture checked by other partitions.

this thread is filled with great info: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1639972&highlight=s-off

im sure alot of it will be useful to one s as well. just please search the thread before making it longer with questions they have allready addressed :)

IMHO,a software hack(other than the correct signed java card and diag files) is not likely for any of the no-sd card devices. if youre desperate for s off,send your phone to mobile tech video. theyre professional,quick,had great communication,and the phone came back without a scratch and all my data still intact. no i dont work for them,just extremely happy with my s off one s :D

could you please upload the dumped partitions?

P

paranoidaditya

uploadfromtaptalk1361207757248.jpg

Me Gusta
Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

P

paranoidaditya

Sent him my HTC one s tmous mmcblk0p3 dump he also needs a ota update.zip

Last edited:
P

paranoidaditya

"(jcase) i need an update and p3 for the s3 version"

Any s3 volunteers here ? Please zip the p3 as its 127 mb and after zipping its only some kbs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    S-off is nearly release ready.

I need /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 from a qualcomm s3 variant, and a matching update.zip for each model that support is wanted for.
    Some of you guys are PM'ing me to help with S-OFF for the One S.

Will try to, when I get the One X done.
    Today we had a huge update.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1604300

Some of you with a USB Y-Cable should try to flash a .zip through sd-card.
    If that works, and I can modify a DIAG file, also for you S-OFF will come very fast.

Well, it's actually been confirmed that all modern HTC devices can use this exploit as long as they are running the S4, S3 or S4 pro processors. This even includes the dna and butterfly and likely the upcoming HTC One a.k.a. the M7. The exploit has not been released yet but has been shown to work, so sit tight and relax. If these devs are smart, and I know they are, they will not release the exploit until the One has been released so HTC cannot patch it.
    I have Riffbox now at home. Will make JIG for it, so until end of next week i could be ready.
    PS: I had S-OFF and tryed to get to S-Diag mode: But phone freezes and reboots into s-off.
    mmcblk0p23: "misc"
    mmcblk0p22: "recovery"
    mmcblk0p21: "boot"
    mmcblk0p33: "system"
    mmcblk0p30: "local"
    mmcblk0p34: "cache"
    mmcblk0p35: "userdata"
    mmcblk0p26: "devlog"
    mmcblk0p28: "pdata"
    mmcblk0p36: "fat"
    mmcblk0p31: "extra"
    mmcblk0p17: "radio"