my phone is root , but can't delete system app !!!

Search This thread

mehdi.moha

Dec 21, 2010
Vaxjo
hi everybody !

my n9005 is rooted by de la vega v5

but when i try to remove some boltware via system app remover a security pop-op appear and say you can't do it !!!!

what is that ?!

i also tried to remove by link-2-sd , but failed again !

please help

mehdi.moha

Dec 21, 2010
Vaxjo
Assuming you have ADB set up, open up the Terminal if you're in Linux or the Command Line if you're in Windows and type the following:

thank u

i installed terminal on my phone and your command is work!
but u know , by link2sd or "system app remover " you can find out the app by its icon .
so why i can't remove app by application !
- titanium backup , every time i try to trmove an application by titanium backup , it getting freeze! and force close ( after a while )
- link2sd : when i try to remove an app it says can't mount ...
- system app remover : when i try to remove , a security notification appear ...

so how can i remove an app easily by this applications ?

thank u

Last edited:

williamyi

Feb 24, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
It could sound silly but did you check with root checker that you really have root access?

If yes, another reason that I could think of is you might not grant the SU access when you opening up the TB

mehdi.moha

Dec 21, 2010
Vaxjo
the point the makes me wondering is that " root checker" says that you have root permission !!!!!!!!!!!!

just one app worked for me !! " root app delete " 6.9.24 !

but this one not working complietely too . when i try to remove a system app it can't install that , but after that , an option appera and ask me : do you want to force uninstall , i said: yes . then uninstalled !

but i don't know why i can't remove the system app like others !

is that related to any security update ?

Reactions: smaisonville

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
As I've said, try rooting your phone by another method. Mine without any problem.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

smaisonville

Sep 10, 2011
You did not respond or confirm to dabgoo that you have super user and Busybox installed.

Did you install Super user PRO, you need to activate it?

I did not active it a first.

You can get a false positive from root checker. It will say you have root when super user is not installed properly. This happened to me.

Check in the Super user app if Super user is actually granting access to other apps.

Sent from my rooted Note 3 (N900T) using XDA Premium

denski101

Jan 7, 2014
Could be a long shot, look under settings /general /security /device administrators and uncheck knox if its checked.

I ran into this prob when trying to remove knox. it could apply to other apps maybe. Dunno, worth a try though.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    the point the makes me wondering is that " root checker" says that you have root permission !!!!!!!!!!!!

just one app worked for me !! " root app delete " 6.9.24 !

but this one not working complietely too . when i try to remove a system app it can't install that , but after that , an option appera and ask me : do you want to force uninstall , i said: yes . then uninstalled !

but i don't know why i can't remove the system app like others !

is that related to any security update ?