[Q] Boot in recovery mode?

Search This thread

eugene7

Jan 22, 2008
Have searched the forum, but can't find out what I'm doing wrong... something very obvious I bet!!!

Holding down the Vol-Down button and powering on doesn't cause the phone to go into recovery mode - it just boots normally - so I can't see if S-OFF, etc, is set?

This is a Vodafone Sensation that is a week old.

Anyone point me at my error?

fizmhd

Aug 25, 2010
Cochin
My display got blurred ...

It was Pyramid 3d rom tht im using ..suddenly my pones display ..got blurred ... calls are coming ..dragin here and there help me to atend the calls ..but not able to enter the recovery mode ..

plz help

indelible

Apr 27, 2006
i just bought a sensation, previous owner put beastmod_S v4 on it. so i assume it's rooted. how do i tell if it's s-off or not? (i dont' even know what s-off means lol.

F

forrest_wilson

Pretty much all stock phones come with S-ON unless specified otherwise.

If they shipped with S-OFF there would be no NAND Security.

ronniedchef

Aug 28, 2012
Rooting htc sensation

Hi,

Please I need help rooting my htc sensation. I have installed the CWM5827.img using HTC One X, following all the guidelines.But my htc sensation does not boot into recovery mode in order to flash the CWM5827. It shows the "HALT" icon afterwards.

Any help pls.:(

realsis

Sep 30, 2011
california
To boot into recovery you pull battery put battery back in, press volume down and power at the same time and hold . Then you should see the boot loader come up and get into recovery mode. This should work. Hope this helps. Best wishes.if this does NOT work, what EXACTLY happens when you perform these steps? Please post your results. Perhaps it can help someone solve your issue better if you post your results you are experiencing when doing these steps. Does it only say HALT? Is there a symbol with it? I hope you get your issue resolved soon !

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda premium

Last edited:

evetsno1

Jun 29, 2012
Sterling Heights
Hi,

Please I need help rooting my htc sensation. I have installed the CWM5827.img using HTC One X, following all the guidelines.But my htc sensation does not boot into recovery mode in order to flash the CWM5827. It shows the "HALT" icon afterwards.

Any help pls.:(

My phone is kind of picky when getting it into recovery. I have to hit the volume down key just after the power button or it just powers on the phone. This boots into bootloader then use volume down to choose recovery and power button to select.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You have to take battery out - reinsert
    then hold volume down and power it on