[Q] Has anyone received a throttling notifications?

Search This thread

chromiumcloud

May 24, 2010
I'm relatively new to the T-bolt forums (coming from Nexus one), so apologies if I missed this somewhere:

Has anyone received a throttling notification from Verizon? If so, does it come via text, email, snail mail or do they just all of a sudden start slowing you down?

Also, does anyone know if any of the current roms have any work arounds in the system files to overcome Verizon's limitations?

U can PM me if you do not want to post in public.

Much appreciated!!!
-CC

voxigenboy

Jul 2, 2010
San Diego
I'm relatively new to the T-bolt forums (coming from Nexus one), so apologies if I missed this somewhere:

Has anyone received a throttling notification from Verizon? If so, does it come via text, email, snail mail or do they just all of a sudden start slowing you down?

Also, does anyone know if any of the current roms have any work arounds in the system files to overcome Verizon's limitations?

Much appreciated!!!
-CC

i heard about verizon screwing over iphone users with that facetime feature, but i didn't know they were already starting with everyone on unlimited data�

Danmn1313

Mar 18, 2011
Illinois
I've never been throttled but I'm not a huge data user (8-9GB a month.)

I've heard people talk about using over 80GB a month here and their speeds stay the same but this was in the past before tiered data, so I guess only time will tell what happens.

00negative

Aug 9, 2010

Much appreciated!!!
-CC

I think they just slow you down if your in top 5% of data users and you have consumed so much data in one pay period. They just slow your connection down, don't think you get warning or notification of any kind. But could be wrong.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using XDA Premium App

chromiumcloud

May 24, 2010
I've never been throttled but I'm not a huge data user (8-9GB a month.)

I've heard people talk about using over 80GB a month here and their speeds stay the same but this was in the past before tiered data, so I guess only time will tell what happens.

Thanks for all the prompt replies everyone; the dev community here is incredible active.

I used 8-9 GB/month over 3G on AT&T... so given the much faster speeds of LTE, I'm a little worried what Verizon has planned given my data usage. ;)

Are any of the rom builds using the somali system hack?

Anyone who has been throttled, how slow have you been crippled?

All this throttling talk is making me reluctant to give up my AT&T contract, just in case the T-bolt become a paperweight on Verizon's restrictions.

Thanks,
-CC

revaew

May 9, 2011
You aren't on verizon yet? If you aren't, you shouldn't really be concerned with throttling unless you plan on paying the overage charges.

bobbydiv

May 4, 2011
Lexington
Verizon doesn't throttle general users. Occasionally a user will get flagged and throttled down to very limited bandwidth. They will be contacted by phone and if unreachable, then by letter. Say for instance you jump from 4 or 5 GB a month to 20 GB in a day. I don't know the exact numbers, just seen it happen. Its done by the fraud department until they can speak with you.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Reactions: chromiumcloud

chromiumcloud

May 24, 2010
Verizon doesn't throttle general users. Occasionally a user will get flagged and throttled down to very limited bandwidth. They will be contacted by phone and if unreachable, then by letter. Say for instance you jump from 4 or 5 GB a month to 20 GB in a day. I don't know the exact numbers, just seen it happen. Its done by the fraud department until they can speak with you.

Thanks for that info. Much appreciated.

@revaew I use both phones for now. A pain, but I want the next nexus for development and have no idea what network its going to land on.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.