[THEME/MOD][AROMA][ICS] Style your ROM your way v2.2

Search This thread

rehpyc

Sep 30, 2010
ROM developers already spend enough time to provide a quality product, but not all of us are always 100% happy with the way the ROM looks. Theme developers will make different themes for a particular ROM, but even still not everyone wants every change introduced in the theme. It can be cumbersome for developers and themers alike to thoroughly please each of its followers. That's where I'd like to change the game with the GSIII - rather than having to rely on a themer to make something that looks close to what you'd like, you'll be put in the driver seat and choose your own modifications.

What options are you presented with?
- Battery style
- Clock position and color (stock grey or ics blue)
- Brightness slider (won't work on stock ROMs)
- Placement of the date/clear button bar
- Transparency % of the notification area
- Lidroid toggle style (keep your current or use my slimmed ICS blue ones)
- Number of lidroid toggles shown w/o scrolling
- Text labels or not below those toggles

However, these changes can't be made possible without a little side effect. In this first version, the style of the clock, date, clear button, and toggles use the ICS blue color. In future versions of the theme system, additional styles will be provided!

Thanks
@amarullz - Aroma intaller
@scrosler - Web Space
@boynamedstacy - Tester
@gzsmooth - Tester
@kennyglass123 - Tester

Installation Instructions
- Flash with your recovery of choice
- On your first round of things, use the "Create master backup" option in the menu. This will create an ultimate restore point of what your phone currently looks like. You will always be able to restore back to this point if you wish!
- Flash the zip again in the same recovery session (I'll make this more streamlined in the next update)
- Theme things as you wish
- Reboot your phone and enjoy :)

Download v2.2

Hit thanks, enjoy the theme edits, and let me know what you'd like in future versions!

Last edited:

rehpyc

Sep 30, 2010
Changelog
Version 2.2
- Bug fix

Version 2.1
- Fixed the "blank" status bar bug some experienced when using the centered clock
- Removed the padding on the sides of the status bar

Version 2.0
- Choose to keep your current battery style or select a new one
- Added grey color to the clock options
- Added additional transparency levels (every 10% increment)
- Script will detect if you have the toggle mod installed
- Allowed to choose to keep current lidroid toggle style
- Can create an ultimate restore point

Version 1.0
- Battery styles
- Center/right ICS blue clock
- Date/clear button placement bar
- Lidroid toggles theming (must be installed)
- Transparency of pulldown background

Last edited:

DroidmanDan

Jan 31, 2012
Rochester, NY
Well done! Options are always nice to have! Minor, slightly OCD request. Would it be possible to have the percentage in the honeycomb or circle battery icon be blue to match everything else? Thank you!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

JawaH8r

Dec 10, 2010
Came from MIUI on a Droid X. Had something like this. Could get rid of the battery icon altogether and just show a line across the top (could even pick the color). Does the download currently allow for this?

rehpyc

Sep 30, 2010
Well done! Options are always nice to have! Minor, slightly OCD request. Would it be possible to have the percentage in the honeycomb or circle battery icon be blue to match everything else? Thank you!

I'll shoot you a pm with the battery mod to flash later this weekend.

Came from MIUI on a Droid X. Had something like this. Could get rid of the battery icon altogether and just show a line across the top (could even pick the color). Does the download currently allow for this?

You and me both buddy :] unfortunately not.. that's something that was part of MIUI and maybe CM/AOKP.

Sent from my SCH-I535

Reactions: DroidmanDan

rehpyc

Sep 30, 2010
This is flashed to the phone?

Correct. Flash it from whichever recovery you use - should work fine on CW or TWRP.

Everyone, once you've tried the thing out and played with it to create maybe 1 or 2 styles, feel free to provide some suggestions of what you'd like for version 2. Unless you guys have some objections, the next thing I'll be working on is a JB styled notification area. Did anybody actually like the TouchWiz style? I found it to be ugly, but if enough people wanted it I'll provide that as another available theme to use in v2.

JR_B70

Jul 26, 2012
Philly
Awesome ! worked just like it said it would.. The only request I would like to see is the option to be able to add an image as the background to the pull down notification center ....

Reactions: 1ManWolfePack

Brenardo

Nov 13, 2010
This is pretty awesome. Only thing I would change is the white background on the installer. It is super bright.....

I would like to see icon packs
Inverted app installer

Anything and every thing you can add that would help NOOBs.

This IMHO is a monster leap for the avg/inexperienced Android modder

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium HD app

Tazer2death

Oct 9, 2011
Space Coast
I may be interpreting your first post wrong but you plan to allow for color picks or just different theme choices in the future?

And how about lockscreen options?

Last edited:

1ManWolfePack

Jul 11, 2012
30% transparent on the statusbar might be the sweet spot for me. Any chance of adding increments of 10, rather than 20?

The5Venomz

May 4, 2009
Really cool idea, I'll give it a try once the color options are there... I love my white theme and don't wanna give it up!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ROM developers already spend enough time to provide a quality product, but not all of us are always 100% happy with the way the ROM looks. Theme developers will make different themes for a particular ROM, but even still not everyone wants every change introduced in the theme. It can be cumbersome for developers and themers alike to thoroughly please each of its followers. That's where I'd like to change the game with the GSIII - rather than having to rely on a themer to make something that looks close to what you'd like, you'll be put in the driver seat and choose your own modifications.

What options are you presented with?
    - Battery style
    - Clock position and color (stock grey or ics blue)
    - Brightness slider (won't work on stock ROMs)
    - Placement of the date/clear button bar
    - Transparency % of the notification area
    - Lidroid toggle style (keep your current or use my slimmed ICS blue ones)
    - Number of lidroid toggles shown w/o scrolling
    - Text labels or not below those toggles

However, these changes can't be made possible without a little side effect. In this first version, the style of the clock, date, clear button, and toggles use the ICS blue color. In future versions of the theme system, additional styles will be provided!

Thanks
    @amarullz - Aroma intaller
    @scrosler - Web Space
    @boynamedstacy - Tester
    @gzsmooth - Tester
    @kennyglass123 - Tester

Installation Instructions
    - Flash with your recovery of choice
    - On your first round of things, use the "Create master backup" option in the menu. This will create an ultimate restore point of what your phone currently looks like. You will always be able to restore back to this point if you wish!
    - Flash the zip again in the same recovery session (I'll make this more streamlined in the next update)
    - Theme things as you wish
    - Reboot your phone and enjoy :)

Download v2.2

Hit thanks, enjoy the theme edits, and let me know what you'd like in future versions!
    Been on a long hiatus with being incredibly busy w/ life, but with a VZW JB leak finally out, I'll be working towards porting this theme system over to JB. In the process I'll be adding many more ideas/options that I originally had. Be on the lookout for something by the weekend's end!
    Changelog
    Version 2.2
    - Bug fix

Version 2.1
    - Fixed the "blank" status bar bug some experienced when using the centered clock
    - Removed the padding on the sides of the status bar

Version 2.0
    - Choose to keep your current battery style or select a new one
    - Added grey color to the clock options
    - Added additional transparency levels (every 10% increment)
    - Script will detect if you have the toggle mod installed
    - Allowed to choose to keep current lidroid toggle style
    - Can create an ultimate restore point

Version 1.0
    - Battery styles
    - Center/right ICS blue clock
    - Date/clear button placement bar
    - Lidroid toggles theming (must be installed)
    - Transparency of pulldown background
    Tried it last night on clean 2.1, works just fine.

sent from my rooted verizon S3
    if I accidentally helped u, hit the thanks button
    I have almost everything set up on my phone for Incubus's RLS4 Jelly Bean build, just have to code it in Aroma to give you guys the customization options. Just need to fix the pulldown to look like stock Jelly Bean and things should be finished. It *may* be tricky since Incubus is so fast in upgrading to newer leaks, but I should have a solution to remedy that.

Haven't forgotten about you guys :]