Comparison between PRO 12.2 LTE and 10.1 2014 LTE (both KK)

Search This thread

hajime_android

Apr 22, 2012
Hello, could owners of both devices please do a comparison on performance, battery usage, charging from 0% to 100%, lag when both devices are under KitKat? What are the disadvantages and advantages of both devices? Thank you.

Reactions: Girl527

fyew-jit-tiv

Hello, could owners of both devices please do a comparison on performance, battery usage, charging from 0% to 100%, lag when both devices are under KitKat? What are the disadvantages and advantages of both devices? Thank you.

I sold my 10.1 2014E and purchased the 12.2 mainly for the screen real-estate. the 12.2 takes slightly longer to charger but I think the pros totally out pace the cons when it comes to comparing both devices. I also have the Note 3 and noticed yesterday that the S-pen on the 12.2 doesn't work on the N3 but the N3's S-Pen works on the 12.2, Didn't have this issues with sharing the 10.1 & N3's S-pens. I think the main thing to consider is are you prepared to pay the extra price to own the 12.2? If not the buy a 10.1.

Reactions: hajime_android

Spere

Aug 7, 2013
I also have the Note 3 and noticed yesterday that the S-pen on the 12.2 doesn't work on the N3 but the N3's S-Pen works on the 12.2, Didn't have this issues with sharing the 10.1 & N3's S-pens.

Really? Try it again

At least my NP 12.2 (SM-P905) and Note 3 (SM-N9005) pens work on both devices.

Make sure you haven't ticked "Turn off pen detection" in settings ---> If you have, you'll have to remove pen from holder for device to recognize s-pen.

Last edited:
Reactions: fyew-jit-tiv

hajime_android

Apr 22, 2012
One factor that might affect the purchase is that I do street dance. I plan to carry a backpack with the device while dancing. Wonder if I would feel the different while dancing with it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I sold my 10.1 2014E and purchased the 12.2 mainly for the screen real-estate. the 12.2 takes slightly longer to charger but I think the pros totally out pace the cons when it comes to comparing both devices. I also have the Note 3 and noticed yesterday that the S-pen on the 12.2 doesn't work on the N3 but the N3's S-Pen works on the 12.2, Didn't have this issues with sharing the 10.1 & N3's S-pens. I think the main thing to consider is are you prepared to pay the extra price to own the 12.2? If not the buy a 10.1.
    I also have the Note 3 and noticed yesterday that the S-pen on the 12.2 doesn't work on the N3 but the N3's S-Pen works on the 12.2, Didn't have this issues with sharing the 10.1 & N3's S-pens.

Really? Try it again

At least my NP 12.2 (SM-P905) and Note 3 (SM-N9005) pens work on both devices.

Make sure you haven't ticked "Turn off pen detection" in settings ---> If you have, you'll have to remove pen from holder for device to recognize s-pen.