[ROM][SGH-I777][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 nightly builds | DISCUSSION THREAD

Search This thread

ou812bkewl

Dec 11, 2010
Orange
In 4-19 nightly, the mount point swap described in the change log has my phone thinking that my internal storage is removable and vice versa. Anyone know of a fix for that? If not, I hope that change gets reverted soon.

naturefreak85

Jun 18, 2007
Boca Raton
I'll try that. Although I had wiped the cache from CWM and they were still showing. I'll do it from the Manage Applications settings as you recommended and check in a few hours.

Thanks!

That's a system cache, that's different from an Application Cache. You only need to typically wipe system cache. Wiping the App Cache for Play Market helps it update when there is an issue with the data it has stored for you.

Reactions: R2D2_SW

brendonlee

Oct 13, 2011
Charlotte
Same here
I can get nfc working with the enabler zips, but the rom doesn't seem to include it like the change log implies.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Thats odd. I'm using my own build, but it includes the same merges and i have nfc options under Wireless & Networks > More

I building a new one right now, so I'll report back whether it is still there or not.

Just finished installing my build from this morning and nfc options are still there. So I'm not sure why you guys wouldn't have it...

naturefreak85

Jun 18, 2007
Boca Raton
Just finished installing my build from this morning and nfc options are still there. So I'm not sure why you guys wouldn't have it...

Try to install the build on download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=i777. The other question I have is, did you install NFC before it was added? If so, did you flash a old build to wipe it out?

CNLiberal

Dec 8, 2008
Centennial, CO
Can I use the same cable to listen to music, I mean does it have an 3.5mm connector? I'm just confused as to why it works except when using the head phone Jack?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA

I am also confused as to why it works over the dock jack. I built my car dock cable after following the instructions on this thread. The first post links to the original post "Fun with Resistors". That post contains the different resistor values that will get you download mode, JIB mode, and Home Dock mode. I have the resistor for home dock, but I haven't built the cable yet. Theoretically, it should work.

You can build your cable however you like. I used the parts from the second post in the thread. I bought my cable from DealXtreme and it took months for the cable to arrive. Then I found the cables on Amazon for nearly the same price so I jumped on that. I say if you have the tools and some experience with soldering, to give it a try. ALWAYS be sure to check your soldering work with a multimeter to ensure you haven't crossed any wires (ie, could fry your phone).

f100cleveland

Aug 23, 2010
Minnesota
I had not installed nfc beforehand and after flashing the 4/19 nightlie, I have nfc under settings > wireless and networks > more.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

brendonlee

Oct 13, 2011
Charlotte
Try to install the build on download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=i777. The other question I have is, did you install NFC before it was added? If so, did you flash a old build to wipe it out?

I didn't have to install nfc - it was a merged change a couple days ago that entropy submitted. There are two options in settings - enable nfc and enable android beam. Unfortunately I don't have anyone to test it with :(

I suppose I can install the official build to test for you guys. I'll be back.

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Is there a way to change charging voltages? I know Siyah can do it, but my phone doesn't run well with Siyah.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
Siyah was never able to change charging voltages. It also was, at best, only able to change misc chargers to charge at 650 mA instead of 450 mA. I really wish GM would rip out the code he has in - it's incredibly confusing and misleading because anything above 650 mA does NOTHING.

Siyah 3.1rc2 + CM9 nightly 19 = failed to load wifi driver in catalog.
I've flashed, wiped, wiped again flashed again. Of course using kernel cleaning script etc. No go. Wifi was working fine with siyah and nightly 17 and works fine with the stock CM kernel on nightly 19. I may flash back to nightly 17 because I love my Siyah kernel that much :)
Please don't discuss problems with alternate kernels in Cyanogenmod official threads. Only the stock Cyanogenmod kernel is supported by the team.

Speaking of that, coming soon (needs more testing):
Mali 3-step voltage/clock control
Forward-port legacy hotplug code (same as was in the last Daily Driver GB release) as stand-hotplug seems to be buggy **** even if it offers some nice features.
Some reworks in arch/arm/kernel/smp.c that may eliminate some RCU stall SoDs - however I believe most SoDs were caused by remaining bugs in stand-hotplug and the above change should fix them.

I thought a few patches I put in last week fixed the SoDs, but it turns out that I had disabled my SetCPU profiles at the time. If you don't use screen-off profiles with underclocking you should be stable until the above patches make it in. It could take a few days with the new kernel building code.

As to NFC - Those who installed hacks/mods previously (especially the Gingerbread forward-port that floated around for a while) may have hosed up their device and need to wipe. A common theme seems to be that those with issues were ones running hacks/mods. Those who were self-building and cherry-picked my commit from review should be fine - but I think I see only one person in that category and they are fine.

In 4-19 nightly, the mount point swap described in the change log has my phone thinking that my internal storage is removable and vice versa. Anyone know of a fix for that? If not, I hope that change gets reverted soon.
The change will NOT be reverted. It is now meeting the CM standard and I'm surprised it took this long to make the change. Internal storage is not getting reported as removable on my device. There may be some small board config changes needed to get everything tweaked up again though. There is a possibility that adjusting to the new mounting system may require a wipe.

rqthrottle

Oct 24, 2011

Codeworx posted this on another thread:

Changes:
switched mountpoints for sdcards to match cm standard:
/mnt/emmc = internal storage
/mnt/sdcard = external sdcard

eMMC is defined as embedded multimedia card which means an internal storage.
from an technical point samsung and lg are doing it wrong to name it sdcard. htc is doing it right since the beginning.
And because this is the CM standard, we'll simply follow it.

You can cry about this change, but it will not help you. This is how it will be in future.
We know you'll cry. ;-)

The menu item "install zip from internal sdcard" in recovery now points to the internal sdcard. It's not reversed anymore.

The storage menu at systemsettings -> storage -> storage configuration does exactly what it says now. It's not reversed anymore.

I wanted to do this change in cm7 a long time ago, but didn't want to hear all the terrible crying about it. Now it's time for it. ;-)

Edit: C'mon, stop crying. Goto systemsettings -> storage -> storage configuration and toggle it like you want it to be.

naturefreak85

Jun 18, 2007
Boca Raton
As to NFC - Those who installed hacks/mods previously (especially the Gingerbread forward-port that floated around for a while) may have hosed up their device and need to wipe. A common theme seems to be that those with issues were ones running hacks/mods. Those who were self-building and cherry-picked my commit from review should be fine - but I think I see only one person in that category and they are fine.

So what's really needing to be wiped? Data or System? Or Both if needed, then restore from TiBu

jpstiehl

Dec 28, 2010
New Orleans
Siyah was never able to change charging voltages. It also was, at best, only able to change misc chargers to charge at 650 mA instead of 450 mA. I really wish GM would rip out the code he has in - it's incredibly confusing and misleading because anything above 650 mA does NOTHING.

Please don't discuss problems with alternate kernels in Cyanogenmod official threads. Only the stock Cyanogenmod kernel is supported by the team.

Sorry friend, my bad. I should have known better. :::quietly goes to sit in the corner::: :(

TheDude

Dec 10, 2010
Nixa, MO
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Someone may have already brought this up and I missed it but has anyone notice that the drop down notification menu is able to be accessed by swiping downward on any part of the screen? This causes a problem with widgets (eg. calendar, Google voice, etc) that are scrollable. When I try to scroll down to view upcoming calendar events or scroll voicemails I get my notification tray.

EnemyOfGlaDOS

Nov 10, 2010
Boulder, Colorado
Someone may have already brought this up and I missed it but has anyone notice that the drop down notification menu is able to be accessed by swiping downward on any part of the screen? This causes a problem with widgets (eg. calendar, Google voice, etc) that are scrollable. When I try to scroll down to view upcoming calendar events or scroll voicemails I get my notification tray.

Not seeing this. Just flashed latest nightly to catch up with you guys but not seeing this behavior. Even added a couple scrollable Widgets to see if I got the same result- no happening here :-\

rqthrottle

Oct 24, 2011

I can't replicate it. I tried with the apps you mentioned and it worked fine...

ou812bkewl

Dec 11, 2010
Orange
Edit: C'mon, stop crying. Goto systemsettings -> storage -> storage configuration and toggle it like you want it to be.
[/i]

When I pulled up ES File Explorer and it had switched the internal and microSD for the default file browsing folder, I couldn't help but cry. It was just so unexpected... but seriously thanks for the background info. ; )

The change will NOT be reverted. It is now meeting the CM standard and I'm surprised it took this long to make the change. Internal storage is not getting reported as removable on my device. There may be some small board config changes needed to get everything tweaked up again though. There is a possibility that adjusting to the new mounting system may require a wipe.

Thanks for the quick reply. I never knew that Samsung had got the mounting points wrong. Samsung phones are the only Android phones I have owned.

CNLiberal

Dec 8, 2008
Centennial, CO
Codeworx posted this on another thread:

Changes:
switched mountpoints for sdcards to match cm standard:
/mnt/emmc = internal storage
/mnt/sdcard = external sdcard

eMMC is defined as embedded multimedia card which means an internal storage.
from an technical point samsung and lg are doing it wrong to name it sdcard. htc is doing it right since the beginning.
And because this is the CM standard, we'll simply follow it.

You can cry about this change, but it will not help you. This is how it will be in future.
We know you'll cry. ;-)

The menu item "install zip from internal sdcard" in recovery now points to the internal sdcard. It's not reversed anymore.

The storage menu at systemsettings -> storage -> storage configuration does exactly what it says now. It's not reversed anymore.

I wanted to do this change in cm7 a long time ago, but didn't want to hear all the terrible crying about it. Now it's time for it. ;-)

So what does this mean for Camera storage of pictures/video? I was in the camera app and couldn't find where to tell it to store photos/videos. I must be missing something.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (ICS), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/CyanogenMod9:GT-I9100:Nightly:Known_issues (All the same issues as GT-I9100 as almost all the code is the same - so pointing to the GT-I9100)

THE CM-TEAM DOESN'T ACCEPT BUG REPORTS OR FEATURE REQUESTS ON NIGHTLY BUILDS!
    A MISSING FEATURE IS NOT A BUG!!!

FAQs: Same as the GT-I9100 -- essentially the same code.
    FAQs: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9100:Frequently_Asked_Questions
    SPECIAL XDA NOOB FAQs: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9100:XDA_Asked_Questions

First time installing CyanogenMod 9 to your AT&T Galaxy S II (SGH-I777), or coming from another ROM:
    - READ FAQs: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9100:Frequently_Asked_Questions
    - Make sure you're running SGH-I777 bootloaders only (only the ones that are specifically released for the SGH-I777 -- official Gingerbread bootloaders work fine!) and a proper working CWM like the one from CM7
    - Copy GApps and CM9 ZIPs to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM9 zip
    - Flash GApps zip
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your calendar sync will not work)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore Apps using Titanium Backup!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9:
    - Copy CM9 ZIP to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM9 zip
    - Wipe cache partition and dalvik-cache
    - Reboot

STOP!!!
    Did you read THIS POST fully, the FAQs and KNOWN ISSUES?

No
    DO IT or leave this thread immediately.
    If you download anyway and start asking already answered or dumb questions, you'll get flamed.
    This is fully YOUR OWN FAULT then!

Yes
    Here's the download link for you.

Nightly builds can be found at ROM-Manager or at:
    http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=i777

Google Apps:
    Get the latest Version from: http://goo-inside.me/gapps

CWM flashable Modems:
    UCLC2
    UCKK6
    UCKJ4
    UCKH7

Changelogs:
    http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=i777
    http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=galaxys2 -- mostly shared by the i777

Webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?randomnick=1&channels=teamhacksung-support&uio=d4

Server: chat.freenode.net
    Channel: #teamhacksung-support

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running stock cm-kernel
    - have installed any mods
    - have modified system files

Thread for Developers only(!!!):
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1568852

AdamG-, atinm, codeworkx, coolya, Entropy512, guiper, nebkat, Unhelpful, xplodwild, teamhacksung, the cyanogenmod-team.

9XWih.png
    NLXAX.png
    LBnUm.png
    nQpJD.png
    What I don't quite get is why there are nightly builds of this ROM but no fix yet to the audio bug.

Overall it is a pretty sweet ROM, and compared to the leaked ATT ICS ROM it kicks ass. The att rom is a bugging bloat ridden piece of crap.

The audio bug impacts the ROM as a daily driver, so much works right about the ROM but this bug in particular makes it a pain to use. Being able to receive a text while listening to streaming music and receiving a notification and have the music return to the previous sound level just does not seem like too much to ask.
    Because this "bug" hasn't impacted any developers and we've got a ton of other things to fix.

ICS KERNEL SOURCE HAS ONLY BEEN OUT THREE WEEKS.

IT HAD FUNDAMENTAL STABILITY BUGS WE DIDN'T FIND FIXES FOR UNTIL DAYS AGO.

THIS WEEKEND IS EASTER AND SOME OF US HAD HOLIDAY PREP TO DO LAST WEEK. WE HAVE OUR OWN LIVES YOU KNOW!

WE DON'T EXIST TO SERVE YOU.

Submit a fix to gerrit or stop *****ing and wait!
    codeworkx's tree is untested - it keeps derping. Looks like I'll have to temporarily rip out NFC.

It's 1:35 AM, I'm about to go to bed regardless of whether it builds or not.
    TriangleAway can be used on ICS to reset the flash counter.

Video recording upgrades are not merged in yet - it's in progress. No ETAs, but it's close. Don't ask when, of course - there are many reasons why a patch that works on our device will get rejected until rewritten in a way that doesn't break other devices.

A major dock audio cleanup by StevenHarperUK is in progress. It's working on my device now, so it's a matter of getting through code review.

I submitted a new kernel to gerrit that fixes stability issues when changing cpufreq min/max limits (e.g. fixes SetCPU profiles).

I'm going to hop over to TW-land for a while to do some stuff, then I think I might play with NFC.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    Great. So 4/20 ****S **** UP AGAIN!

More mount point changes? Now all my gameloft apps that I JUST fixed last night are redownloading app data again. Same with my dropbox, as well as my spotify AGAIN.

Why are they doing this!!!??? THIS IS 2 TIMES I'M gonna have to RESTORE to get my **** right again. I mean, I get the first swap of mount points. It was needed to match other devices, but it's royally screwed my device. AGAIN!

Maybe some warning in PLAIN ENGLISH is in order. I'm about to give up on CM9.

get lost. your post is ridiculous. is this your rom? did you take any part in the development of this rom? NO and NO!!! how do you have any right to ***** or complain about something that you have NOTHING to do with? YOU DON'T! if you don't like it, FIX IT YOURSELF and submit it to gerritt and see if your changes get merged. either do something about it yourself or switch to a different rom. its that easy. no one forced you to use this rom. your post doesn't get you any closer to your solution so i'm not quite sure why you even posted this bull**** other then to complain about something that you have no right or control over. think about it.